Author Topic: Scenarios are not MA, so cut the crap.  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Scenarios are not MA, so cut the crap.
« on: August 15, 2009, 05:12:01 PM »
Don't screw around just because you are bored. You're following orders. Do what you're told, or leave.

You are held to a higher standard of gamesmanship than your normal MA behavior. You understand that you may not have as much action as you want, the second you sign up for a scenario event. You are giving up the right to screw around lone-wolf (or in small groups) as the price for added immersion.

Leave the MA in the MAs. Don't take that into the SEA. Please. For all the 200+ other peoples' sake, don't ruin OUR fun because you don't feel you're having any.

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
Re: Scenarios are not MA, so cut the crap.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »

So not like MA?

Looks like MA to me, destroyers so close to a CV auto ack killing people on the carrier.

Maybe you hold yourself to a lower standard than the rest of us?

Maybe check yourself before posting idiotic things like this Topic.

TT
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 06:13:31 PM »
    As a member of the Alpha team I was saddened to see this happen. Being in the cruiser guns and around that area a lot I had a first hand view. I thought about saying something but I doubt it would have changed anything. I told my CO straight up I was not going to vulch the carrier to start the frame. Even went so far as to say if anyone tried to vulch I would ask to be reassigned. As it was they began firing on the carrier at T+10 or there about. Had planes been upping I would have made good on my word. Given that some time had passed I felt if IJN was going to launch they would have. Even when they vulched the carrier later in the frame I felt that was a bit gamey.

<S> Axis

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 06:52:40 PM »
If the ack would have been effective enough to be causing real damage to anyone, I wouldn't have parked my boats there. Besides, it takes a quick cannon burst from one of the Zeroes that was rinse-wash-repeat-ing to take down the guns...which they did (note the lack of ack in your screenshot). The destroyers were there merely to be uber-scouts. :D If my intent were to kill you with them, the other group was a quick turn away.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 07:23:12 PM »
Ack can, and did, cause damage to them, you even commented on the ack shooting wings off.

Sorry, even tho I was on Alpha I felt that tainted the victory and ruined the event for some.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 07:28:35 PM »
Said specific player sat on the deck for at least five minutes with a damaged plane. Figure it kinda makes sense. Besides, like I said, it took all of a minute to take the ack down with one or two planes. I was welcoming when Brooke asked to destroy the fleet ships because I was there to scout, not whack them...though it was entertaining sometimes, especially the squad of Kates trying repeatedly to sink the destroyer that's missing in that picture.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 07:30:07 PM »
Specifically I was referring to small and not-so-small groups of axis going off and capturing field after field unrelated to any objectives, nonstop endless-lives reupping off of CVs under attack (same group of folks kept reupping 10x), and a number of other issues. Upping off of CVs heading west.

EDIT: and that's not counting the Shoho being on the north side of Moresby...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:34:11 PM by Krusty »

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »
Specifically I was referring to small and not-so-small groups of axis going off and capturing field after field unrelated to any objectives, nonstop endless-lives reupping off of CVs under attack (same group of folks kept reupping 10x), and a number of other issues. Upping off of CVs heading west.

EDIT: and that's not counting the Shoho being on the north side of Moresby...

I wouldn't castrate them yet, you never know what orders they were given.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 07:48:40 PM »
Either way my comment still stands. Allies were still engaging axis CVs. We were still attempting to engage and sink the enemy (points wise the frame was NOT over, only objective-wise), so if they were ORDERED to screw around and capture bases they weren't supposed to (including Moresby, since Shoho was sunk), that's another matter. They could have, and SHOULD have been setting up strike packages for US carriers, defending their own, instead a number of CAP pilots on the USN side had a very boring frame.

You know you can't take Moresby, give up and move on. That's not the end of it. Why keep screwing around like that? Not only did it short-shift a lot of USN pilots, it gave IJN pilots nothing productive to do.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 07:51:16 PM »
All I am saying is if they were following orders you need to find who gave them....

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 07:58:39 PM »
I was in charge of Walkon Assignments this frame, as I have been the last few.

I can attest that I sent a large number (20+) of walkons to Team Zulu, I would hope that all participants would take this into account when looking at the results of today's frame and the antics around New Guinea.

Also, I was extremely disappointed when I found out that Team Alpha had a CA group, less the actual CA, that close to the Zulu CVs.  I remember in Frame 2 when Team Zulu did likewise, again once the CA of the TF was down, air operations from two of Alpha's CVs continued to be interrupted with auto and puffy ack.

Both cases were "Gaming it up" and I hope that both sides learn from this.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 08:13:51 PM »
Perhaps it should be added that fleets that manage to maneuver into AA range that have no real combat capability should have their ships destroyed, as they were in my group after a while. If you have the initiative to move the fleet in, you should be able to use it.

However, on the other side, there's no way to make it go away and stop reporting in on you.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 10:21:11 PM »
Just to clarify a couple of things - they were NOT ordered to take any of those bases - they were in fact told to Knock it off (was the actual phrase I used)

Shoho had every right to be north of PNG, as long as it was within 25 - 35 miles of the invasion forces, which is was until its demise.

I called out everyone who upped when the CV was not headed east, and the guys who reupped continuously were walkon's from what I could see - they were told several times it was a limited life event.

Wurzel

*also, it was my mistake on leaving guys attacking Port Moresby - which, by the way, was still a valid target, only the invasion was cancelled by the sinking of the shoho*
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:28:33 PM by gpwurzel »
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 11:32:59 PM »
I had 1 of my guys up a third life in a A6M2 becuase he upped off a cv for his second life and i accidently hit him head on with an 8" shell to the face.

:D

TT
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 01:05:33 AM »
I understand there were a LOT of walkons for your team, I do. I wanted to make a post for anybody reading (like, well... those walkons!) that pointed out why they were in the wrong.