Author Topic: Bulge?  (Read 2971 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Bulge?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »
Hey Fencer,

Maybe not for this scenario, but consider Anzio and the Fourth Battle of Cassino. Now that time
period was filled with awesome air battles as well as great ground action... :aok
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 08:09:15 PM »
one of the main things will be picking a terrain that is in decent shape post patch.

with regard to gvs in scenarios stalins forth was an excellent one but in terms of number of gvs involved is high in that many people who otherwise prefer planes were put into them.  it worked ok for that and we will likely run stalins again but the scenario where we tried a gv role filled solely with tankers was tunisia.

tunisia as an experiment in that regard showed that we can probably have scenarios with a dedicated section for takers but we need to have it be less than 60 players worth (probably more like 30 to 40) and have to be even more careful about aircraft tank interaction.  we gave that a lot of thought for tunisia but might need even more separation.

other ideas for gvs could be one life in planes and one in tanks but tunisia was built in part to see what would happen with a dedicated gv section.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 07:58:02 PM »
I think Bulge would be an awesome scenario! :O

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »
one of the main things will be picking a terrain that is in decent shape post patch.

with regard to gvs in scenarios stalins forth was an excellent one but in terms of number of gvs involved is high in that many people who otherwise prefer planes were put into them.  it worked ok for that and we will likely run stalins again but the scenario where we tried a gv role filled solely with tankers was tunisia.

tunisia as an experiment in that regard showed that we can probably have scenarios with a dedicated section for takers but we need to have it be less than 60 players worth (probably more like 30 to 40) and have to be even more careful about aircraft tank interaction.  we gave that a lot of thought for tunisia but might need even more separation.

other ideas for gvs could be one life in planes and one in tanks but tunisia was built in part to see what would happen with a dedicated gv section.

I ran a Tiger squad in Tunisia and I can tell you a GV-based scenario was a blast for me and others I'm sure.  Good stuff. :aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 11:06:03 PM »
Artillery could be used as well as most of the bases on the Ardennes08 map have shore batteries. Yes I know there shore batteries but it could be fun for the use of artillery.

That's exactly why they were placed on the map--to simulate artillery.  Thank Easyscor for that bit of foresight...
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 01:04:14 AM »
Having a ground war is a nice way to keep the fights at historical levels without something artificial like rule settings and/or massive down drafts.

I've looked forward to DGSII for a long time, you better grease your ankle Fencer, I'm going to be all over it.   :devil
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 08:41:58 PM »
Dibs on the 474th FG :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 01:07:34 AM »
Dibs on the 474th FG :)

Corkyjr is my ride home, so I have to fly with him  :D
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 02:14:07 AM »
I call dibs on a P-51 Mustang Squadron!  :aok :rock :devil :x :D
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 05:01:04 AM »
I call dibs on a P-51 Mustang Squadron!  :aok :rock :devil :x :D

Better take a P-51 Bravo squadron, so even the G-14's can catch ya on the deck. DGS1 memories.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009, 10:14:32 AM »
Better take a P-51 Bravo squadron, so even the G-14's can catch ya on the deck. DGS1 memories.

I would love to fly the bravo in a scenario and don't knock it too much, the P-51B is faster than the P-51D over 25,000.

:aok

Strip

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 10:36:16 AM »

I heard that was a consequence of the 2nd life the axis pilots had.  If they were shot down in a fight that had descended down low, simply reup and run down your antagonists who are now low on ammunition.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 02:36:18 PM »

Ill take any version of the Mustang, im deadly in both!  :rock
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 11:11:09 PM »

Ill take any version of the Mustang, im deadly in both!  :rock

Spam Can drivers!  What ya gonna do? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 11:56:42 PM »
<----Having his P47 checked out.

Found the can opener for you Pony gents.

Blakeslee when informed the 4th FG was going to fly Jugs instead of spitfires. "It dam well better dive!  It sure won't climb!"

Sissy  :lol   (whataya spect from an easymode former spit Pilot)  ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:01:50 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -