Author Topic: SCRAP ENY ONCE AND FOR ALL  (Read 5628 times)

Offline TwinEng

• Copper Member
Re: SCRAP ENY ONCE AND FOR ALL
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2009, 07:16:11 PM »
Many people have listened, but you seem to not really listen to the other people.  You seem to not take into account what other people say, and just repeat what you have said before.

Have you considered that it is not really ENY that is causing people in your squad to leave? How long has ENY been implemented? How many of your squad started playing prior to ENY being implemented? If they started after why is it ENY is now causing them to leave but did not before?

Have you considered that more people were leaving before ENY was implemented. So your argument is that we should have more people leave AH so that you can still play with your squad? Because that is what your desire leads to. So now is this really what your asking for, or is it I am just not listening to you?

HiTech

You have not really paid any attention at all or listened to what I have said either.   They told me that their unhappiness with how ENY is implemented was indeed a part of their decision.   I am not speculating at all about that, so you point on that is totally invalid.  However, as I mentioned, it was actually problems with the latest release that was the final straw that caused them to actually depart the game.

Obviously, you are completely unconcerned here that you have lost some customers.  For I see no expression at all here by you about that.  I'm sort of an indirect casualty, as it was not my decision to disband the squads.   I looked at Battleground Europe, and saw a number of issues with that game that I really did not care for.   And to be honest, I don't want to go to the bother of learning an entirely new complex game and starting from scratch when I have so many years invested into this game and from Air Warrior.

Likewise, though, I've become extremely disillusioned about playing this game, as I had looked long and hard to find a squad that I enjoyed flying with.  I don't even know another Knights squad that I am at all impressed with or would want to join.  And I've been a Knight so long, that I really don't know much about either Rook or Bishop squads.  In any event, I have other hobbies and interests that I would like to spend more time on at this point in my life.  So perhaps the timing of this is all for the best, as I will now be able to devote more time to them.

I just wanted to explain why I was leaving the game.  I'm not here to argue with you or anyone else.

And to others commenting in this thread:  Yes, my personal relationships with those that I played with were much more important to me than the actual game itself.  And to be honest, I feel sorry for anyone who feels that any computer game is more important to them than their interpersonal relationships.

--

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2009, 07:19:52 PM »
ENy is not making people leave the game fast enough  :devil
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2009, 10:17:55 PM »
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2009, 12:17:56 AM »

You have not really paid any attention at all or listened to what I have said either.   They told me that their unhappiness with how ENY is implemented was indeed a part of their decision.   I am not speculating at all about that, so you point on that is totally invalid.  However, as I mentioned, it was actually problems with the latest release that was the final straw that caused them to actually depart the game.

Obviously, you are completely unconcerned here that you have lost some customers.  For I see no expression at all here by you about that.  I'm sort of an indirect casualty, as it was not my decision to disband the squads.   I looked at Battleground Europe, and saw a number of issues with that game that I really did not care for.   And to be honest, I don't want to go to the bother of learning an entirely new complex game and starting from scratch when I have so many years invested into this game and from Air Warrior.

Likewise, though, I've become extremely disillusioned about playing this game, as I had looked long and hard to find a squad that I enjoyed flying with.  I don't even know another Knights squad that I am at all impressed with or would want to join.  And I've been a Knight so long, that I really don't know much about either Rook or Bishop squads.  In any event, I have other hobbies and interests that I would like to spend more time on at this point in my life.  So perhaps the timing of this is all for the best, as I will now be able to devote more time to them.

I just wanted to explain why I was leaving the game.  I'm not here to argue with you or anyone else.

And to others commenting in this thread:  Yes, my personal relationships with those that I played with were much more important to me than the actual game itself.  And to be honest, I feel sorry for anyone who feels that any computer game is more important to them than their interpersonal relationships.

--

If the relationships I've built over the years through AW and AH were so fragile that something as trivial as ENY could wreck them, then they aren't much in terms of relationships anyway.

Not once has ENY stopped me from flying with or against the friends I've made in the game.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2009, 12:41:20 AM »
man you got owned by hitech. that must suck. lol

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Re:
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2009, 01:49:36 AM »
I like to see ppl whining about ENY. :lol
BTW, 29 isnt high enough, imho, 39 would be better :aok
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline DKL

• Zinc Member
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2009, 02:19:55 PM »
Looking at the planesets eny values I've noticed that it really doesn't effect the horde.
All the JABO rides don't get effected until 20 and the only bomber that is effected is the lanc at 15.
Wouldn't it make more sense to have the ENY ratings set on how the plane would effect game play not on how "uber" as a fighter?

DL

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2009, 03:05:56 PM »
DKL ENY is a measure biased to A2A rather than A2G.. Object value is the ground pounding ENY.  A P47D40 might carry enough ord to total a lot on the ground, but in the air it's really outperformed by La7s, N1Ks, etc.  The D40s and other heavy hitters need the rest of the lower ENY planeset to complement them in order to make an effective horde, the same way dedicated ground attackers like the Il2 and 25H need air cover to be effective.

I dunno if the ENY values and scaling are perfect, but it does ramp up pretty quick when it is activated.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2009, 03:08:55 PM »
All the JABO rides don't get effected until 20 and the only bomber that is effected is the lanc at 15.

The NOE horde planes of choice are

110G ENY 10
N1K ENY 5

and to some extend
Typhoon ENY 10
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2009, 03:25:55 PM »

--

So leave already, no one really cares why.

And if your "friendships" are effected by what chess piece you are flying for then they aren't very good friendships in the first place.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2009, 03:53:08 PM »
I kinda wish that ENY'd play an even bigger part of the game...  What if HTC built more of a total war into the Main?  Scatter bridges around the map and make them bombable... bring back the ack-fortress steam trains and make them killable too... create supply convoys that steam to ports...  tie the strat targets into it too... 

Then, make it so that, if a certain percentage of those targets get flattened, a small ENY penalty gets pushed onto nearby bases.  maybe 5 to 10 points... 15 in extreme cases.  Map makers could tie specific strat targets to specific airfields... Defensive fields further back in friendly territory might not have strat targets so that underdog defenders could flatten attacker's strats and get a bit of a leg up over the steamrolling competition (just like what vehicle spawns encourage)...  It could even be limited to frontline bases only. 

Finally, write each base's ENY in big numbers on the tower chalkboard so it's crystal-clear what players are getting into when they move to a new base.

It might encourage players to branch out from the top few planes, even if just for a bit...  5 to 10 points wouldn't be too bad anyway.  I think that it'd make for some interesting fights...  Bombers and strafers would have all sorts of moving (and non-moving) targets to hit (mixing it up from just raiding airfields), and fighters would get plenty of CAP and interdiction work...