Author Topic: 24 New Training Videos for Absolute Beginners at AH  (Read 1036 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
24 New Training Videos for Absolute Beginners at AH
« on: August 19, 2009, 01:44:23 PM »
I've been invited to train a troop of Boy Scouts in flight sims and I've selected Aces High 2 for the exercise (of course). Most of these young men (and their adult leaders) have never been introduced to the principles of flight or to flight simulation, so I had to begin with the fundamentals. As I prepared the lesson material, I thought how neat it would be to make film clips, and the 24 resulting video chapters turned out to be useful for training absolute beginners at this hobby, so I made a web site. If you're already experienced, you won't find much here that's new. But if you want to train a friend/spouse/family member that needs to start out with the very most basic stuff, then I hope you'll find this resource useful!

http://www.techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Training/AcesHighTrainingByPeabodyPage01Full.htm

(I'll be adding additional chapters from time to time, and I'm willing to host similar video clips for other folks if they seem to fit into the general organization you'll find there. Eventually I hope to cover more advanced topics and to give details about how I built my Linux/Windows "cockpits" and control systems.)

Regards,

Peabody

Offline olskool2

• Zinc Member
      • Total Nonsense
Re: 24 New Training Videos for Absolute Beginners at AH
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »
A troop of Boy Scouts? Seems like a unique task, but it's always great to plant the seed for flight in the youngsters.  :salute

If you think I could help or if you get any online I'd be happy to help train them a bit, just send me a PM.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 06:06:42 PM »
I just did a quick check and it seems like great stuff! :aok

I'd even say this should be stickied for sure.

When I have the time I'll go through it thoroughly but from the first impression it looks very impressive.The advanced topics yet to come sound interesting as well.

:salute

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:21:29 PM »
Would you happen to like a video on "How to Seemingly Fly Like a Moron And Succeed" or maybe a movie on "Judging YOUR Chances On Survival Based on a Variety of Factors When Meeting Up With an Aircraft From an Opposing Country"? I would love to start getting into making films, and I don't really have the internal creativity to create a story for a film, but I could probably do a How-To film.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 02:06:16 PM »
Well, a training movie with a title like "How to Seemingly Fly Like a Moron And Succeed" certainly SOUNDS enticing... I definitely like the idea of injecting a bit of humor into the subject! No promises until I see it, but if you're willing to send me a copy I'll try to find a place where I can merge it at TechVideoReview.com/FlightSimMovies if it seems to fit into the general scheme of things there.

Regards,

-Peabody-

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 09:14:24 AM »
Only had a brief look but I get the idea.  I've posted many time that HTC should have a step by step "how to".  It would help maximise the potential addicts.

Some may think this should be made a sticky.  I say this should have a direct link on the clip board.

Well done  :aok

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 11:04:15 AM »
That is awesome, great job!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 07:57:05 PM »
Fantastic job, nice and clear and right to the point. <S>

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 10:19:30 AM »
BIG thanx Peabody!! - learned one of your "view" tricks that has escaped me for years!
I've added your link to our squads "Hints & Tips" section.

...any day ya learn sumtin new is a good day eh!! :aok
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:22:04 AM by Wreked »
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 11:24:08 AM »
Good job wish there was something like this when I got started woulda save so much brain damage and oh I wish i knew that one.

S

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 07:04:31 AM »
Very well done!