Author Topic: Map Rotation  (Read 402 times)

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
Map Rotation
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »
I know something along these lines has been asked for before... but can we PLEASE have it set up so that when a team wins the war, the map you were just playing on is taken OUT of the rotation of maps to be randomly selected for the next one?

Example:  Knights win the war on the pizza map / pizza map is NOT available to be selected for the next map for that arena.

I have seen the same map pop up 2 or 3 times in a row...  Nothing against any one map (although some are less favored than others) but sometimes it just gets a little old.

***G3-MF***

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Map Rotation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:22:58 PM »
When map is reset due to winning the war, it's automatically changed to another, different map. A map doen't come back up after an automatic reset. It can happen (and mostly will) after a manual reset due to new tour, new version, reopening LWB after TT...

So my guess is you did see SMpizza before TT, and now again?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 12:32:16 PM »
Nope... just last night in MW.  War was won on the pizza map, came back not much later, and it was the pizza map again.

***G3-MF***

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 12:55:56 PM »
I don't think the map rotation is random.  I think it's a list that determines what comes after what.  Maybe the list is borken and Pizza is the only one on it.  Was Skuzzy really hungry when he updated the map list?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 01:04:02 PM »
I think it's a list that determines what comes after what. 

Yes it is.
I once tracked map rotation for a whole tour over all main arenas, the list was not random at all.

So when the same map came up again in MW, it's most probably a bug with the rotation there.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 01:36:48 PM »
Yes it is.
I once tracked map rotation for a whole tour over all main arenas, the list was not random at all.

So when the same map came up again in MW, it's most probably a bug with the rotation there.

Roger... I will keep an eye on it.  If I see it again I will report it as a bug.

***G3-MF***

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 01:47:23 PM »
I just wish the bases didn't reset when the war is won. Irritating as hell to suddenly end up deep in enemy territory with half a dozen kills in a 4-Hog when you're on landing approach and with tanks almost dry as someone resets the map on you.  :furious
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »
I just wish the bases didn't reset when the war is won. Irritating as hell to suddenly end up deep in enemy territory with half a dozen kills in a 4-Hog when you're on landing approach and with tanks almost dry as someone resets the map on you.  :furious

+1
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 04:45:16 PM »
There are 8 terrains in the rotation for the Mid and Early arenas.  However, if the list was updated between terrain resets, it is possible for the same terrain to come up one more time before the rotation list becomes effective.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 04:52:38 PM »
There are 8 terrains in the rotation for the Mid and Early arenas.  However, if the list was updated between terrain resets, it is possible for the same terrain to come up one more time before the rotation list becomes effective.

Gotcha!  Thanks Skuzzy

***G3-MF***

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 08:53:59 PM »
That must have happened in BLUE today.  This morning or afternoon sometime.  SMPizza, reset, SMPizza.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.