Author Topic: SCRAP ENY ONCE AND FOR ALL  (Read 5704 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: SCRAP ENY ONCE AND FOR ALL
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2009, 10:02:13 AM »
Why dont you guys just fly a P38G,190A8,P40E,SpitV?
Strokes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2009, 10:04:20 AM »

That is quite a significant mischaracterization by you, for at 29, there really isn't much that one can either fly or drive.

That's not true:

Many players do just dismiss ENY 30 planes. And while some are indeed no easy rides, there are a few hidden gems.
Particularly the 109F-4 and G-2 can take on ANY fighter in the game. Did you know the F-4 outturns the Spit 16? ;)

Also keep in mind ENY 29 means a significant numerical advantage. Should be possible to overhwelm a outnumbered enemy with a mix of HOing A8's and BnZ 109-G2's...

Should you happen to find youself fighting the third country: If it has numbers similar to your side, it will have a similar ENY.

Let's face it: ENY 29 is quite rare. (Yes it is, I'm playing almost 24/7 for 4 years now ;) )
And ENY HAS to hurt when numebr sare that lopsided.... there wouldn't be any point in ENY not hurting anyone at all.

And I have to admit I am always laughing when I hear the "BS ENY! CANT FLY!"  screams, and I check the numbers just to find ENY being at 11 only  :rofl
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2009, 10:14:55 AM »
Some people can only fly Spit16's.
Strokes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2009, 10:19:31 AM »
Some people can only fly Spit16's.

I'd say most of those just think they can't fly anything else ;)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2009, 10:21:57 AM »
That's not true:

(Image removed from quote.)

Many players do just dismiss ENY 30 planes. And while some are indeed no easy rides, there are a few hidden gems.
Particularly the 109F-4 and G-2 can take on ANY fighter in the game. Did you know the F-4 outturns the Spit 16? ;)

Also keep in mind ENY 29 means a significant numerical advantage. Should be possible to overhwelm a outnumbered enemy with a mix of HOing A8's and BnZ 109-G2's...

Should you happen to find youself fighting the third country: If it has numbers similar to your side, it will have a similar ENY.

Let's face it: ENY 29 is quite rare. (Yes it is, I'm playing almost 24/7 for 4 years now ;) )
And ENY HAS to hurt when numebr sare that lopsided.... there wouldn't be any point in ENY not hurting anyone at all.

And I have to admit I am always laughing when I hear the "BS ENY! CANT FLY!"  screams, and I check the numbers just to find ENY being at 11 only  :rofl
And it would be good to hear what players are looking for by removing ENY.  What would happen then?  Steam roll onto reset with little fun gameplay in the process.  Steam rolled country would log off, and steam roller country would find nothing to shoot at without 2 more friendlies trying to "help"; minor but significant point IMO is that you'd have terrible odds of learning the finer and more enjoyable points of air combat - ACM/gunnery/SA skills, teamwork, etc.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2009, 10:42:12 AM »
I often quit playing when ENY reaches 15, can't fly my f4U. Well unless I am in base capturing mode.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:21:31 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2009, 10:44:58 AM »
I often quit playing when NOE reaches 15, can't fly my f4U. Well unless I am in base capturing mode.

NOE is up to 500  :P

And there is a F4U with ENY 25... just saying ;)

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2009, 10:46:27 AM »
NOE is up to 500  :P

But how much more fun would NOE raids be if you had to be under 15 feet?  :lol  Better hope there aren't any trees.

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2009, 11:15:16 AM »
Yes i have heard all of the arguments throughout the several years i have been playing, and the just switch sides argument posted by hitec and numerous individuals has one major flaw! when you log back on to your country some one will eventually say....."didn't i just shoot you down?!" or visa verse.
 This wouldn't be a problem except for the few people who find it funny to spy and ruin that portion of the game. so good luck with the eny incentive

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2009, 11:28:40 AM »
I often quit playing when NOE reaches 15, can't fly my f4U. Well unless I am in base capturing mode.
Why not switch sides?
This wouldn't be a problem except for the few people who find it funny to spy and ruin that portion of the game. so good luck with the eny incentive
So it's wrong to switch to even the sides and get the rides you want, because a handful of other people spy?  Two wrongs make a right?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2009, 11:45:15 AM »
This is just a case of people wanting to eat their cake and have it too.

1. If your country has #s and you refuse to change countries, learn to fly high ENY planes.

2. If your country has #s and you insist on flying low ENY planes, switch countries.

You can't have everything all the time. ENY is AWESOME!  :aok
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2009, 11:56:57 AM »
Yes i have heard all of the arguments throughout the several years i have been playing, and the just switch sides argument posted by hitec and numerous individuals has one major flaw! when you log back on to your country some one will eventually say....."didn't i just shoot you down?!" or visa verse.

I flew Bish last night.  No one said a thing.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2009, 12:21:52 PM »
I flew Bish last night.  No one said a thing.

wrongway

Finished de-contamination yet?  ;)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2009, 12:21:57 PM »
But how much more fun would NOE raids be if you had to be under 15 feet?  :lol  Better hope there aren't any trees.

Oops!  :o

Corrected.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2009, 12:24:14 PM »
Why not switch sides?So it's wrong to switch to even the sides and get the rides you want, because a handful of other people spy?  Two wrongs make a right?

I switch sides some.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:01:27 PM by Getback »