Author Topic: Disappearing Planes  (Read 514 times)

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
Disappearing Planes
« on: August 22, 2009, 01:53:22 PM »
Ever since the new version of AH came out a couple of weeks ago I've been having a lot of trouble when attacking planes down on the deck. They disappear in the terrain.

The darker colors of the ground and water make it difficult for me to see the outline of the plane. Even at a distance of 400. I've missed a number of kills spraying and praying not far behind an opponent without any luck. This happens generally when I'm making a high side run down on them.

My gunnery is not good I'll admit but if I can't see them it's not even worth shooting. Is there anything I can do to make it easier to see them?

Thanks for your help.

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
Re: Disappearing Planes
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 08:58:59 PM »
Well, for one you can increase detail, so long as frames aren't an issue. Some people will use different skins to blend in better, so you can "disable plane skins". And sometimes they r just good enough where they can easily get out of your field of view. If I were you, next time this happens, look all around and check everywhere just to make sure that they didn't reverse or dive or possibly even cheat (not very likely but it happens). Good luck and if this doesn't help just say so and we'll figure something out, there is a lot of experience in this forum. Good luck :salute
The day no hoes would fly......

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 09:50:13 PM »
Have ou tried adjusting gamma yet?  Not sure if it'll help or not, but give it a whirl. 

The planes are sometimes actually colored in an attempt to blend in, and from a front of rear view they can have a very small profile, which can combine to make it tough to see them.

I'm seeing the same thing on my end, but actually like it, because I think it's realistic, and I'm fairly certain the effect helps me at times too.

One other thing you may consider trying is reducing your resolution a notch or two.  I prefer mine to be higher because I think it looks nicer, but I did notice a definate "shrink" effect on objects when I did it at first.

Of course, a giant monitor would probably help too, hehe!
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 04:31:09 AM »
the problem is your video settings, i had the nvidia 8400 gt and always had the problems of any type of plane blending with the ground or the water.  I partially solved it by zooming in to aim, not all the way but a little helps.  i mapped the zoomed function to my joystick and will just pressed a button to zoom in an out fast.  set up your zoom in at the begining of a flight to whatever you feel confortable.  also try doing a couple of short burst u dont have to aim at it, but more likely than not it will pull up to try and turn. and I got a new video card and that problem went away, mostly.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.