Author Topic: Dueling Arena squads disbanded  (Read 8548 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: Dueling Arena squads disbanded
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2009, 06:05:52 AM »
I've been having lazy reading problems lately, but I didn't see where someone mentioned dueling in the furball lake area?  That place is more for the following:

1. Practice 3+v1's and see how long you can last
2. See what a plane can really do on the deck
3. Kill time while waiting for a friend to show up so you can have regular duels
4. Keep your kids occupied during the summer

Accept it for what it is and it's ok, expect it to be anything else and tear your hair out. 

yes your correct.  Excuse my cross pollonisation of furball duel within the lake.  However even in the less populated area of the lake and even when requested individuals still jump in.  I've seen folk trying to de-ack, bombing the radar  :rolleyes: vulching the runway.  Infact you name any trick pulled off in the MA and it's there in the DA lack except there's alot more of it in a compact area and mostly by perk rides.  Now bear this in mind.  I've only been there a dozen or so times to sort stick related issues and these antics are common place. 

I was also surprised to learn there are DA squads.  Not MA squads popping in there for practise but actual DA squads.  I was even requested to join one so's we could get the other squad  :lol

As for the side rooms for actual duelling I have no problem with it and if folk go there then fair play to em.

Lynx, i ask you to join our DA dueling 'squad' for 2 weeks and see if it brings you any fun?

can you step up to that offer?

Firstly there's nothing for me to step up to or adversely, down to.  I'm not at all interested much like driving from Lands End to John O'Groats.  It's there, I can do it if a choose to but I see it as unnecessary.  Contextually speaking it's far removed from the multi player strategic play that I signed up for.

As for unfriendly challenges related to matters of "Honour"  :rolleyes:  It's a good few years since I've accepted some gobshites (not referring to you) challenge to the DA.  After cleaning their clock did they stop being gobshites....NO.  Did I spend a futher unnecessary 15 min with complete tossers.....YES.  Did cleaning their clock enhance my game play...NO.  Was I satisfied..about as satisfied as beating up a kid in the play ground....something I grew out of 35 years ago.

So... I decline the offer.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2009, 06:24:47 AM »
The squad getting broke up was no accident the CIA was behind it, David Icke told me this would happen!!!
 :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id

ps LYNX is also working for the CIA its obvious hes also a reptile creature of some sort!!
 :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id :no id

...Leave my mate Dave outta this.  Just cause I'm booked in on the same shuttle in 2012.  Worse than a reptilian mate a semi retired (fine weather) long haired, bearded biker dude.

However and this is true I have had a low key dealing with MI5.  Possibly saved the UK from a terrorist attack.  So I'm in with these boys......watch ya self  :devil

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2009, 06:30:41 AM »
ello mate :)

Alrighty right hows things chum? I was expecting to get censored.... the CIA obviously got to Skuzzy!!  :noid

Lynx dude you'd have more fun than you'd expect in that little group Bat put together I was in it for a few years and had great fights and made some good friends  :aok

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2009, 06:32:44 AM »
...Leave my mate Dave outta this.  Just cause I'm booked in on the same shuttle in 2012.  Worse than a reptilian mate a semi retired (fine weather) long haired, bearded biker dude.

:rofl :rofl

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »
Always a pleasure to see posters dismantled in the King's English.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2009, 04:23:13 PM »

Firstly there's nothing for me to step up to or adversely, down to.  I'm not at all interested much like driving from Lands End to John O'Groats.  It's there, I can do it if a choose to but I see it as unnecessary.  Contextually speaking it's far removed from the multi player strategic play that I signed up for.

As for unfriendly challenges related to matters of "Honour"  :rolleyes:  It's a good few years since I've accepted some gobsoupes (not referring to you) challenge to the DA.  After cleaning their clock did they stop being gobsoupes....NO.  Did I spend a futher unnecessary 15 min with complete tossers.....YES.  Did cleaning their clock enhance my game play...NO.  Was I satisfied..about as satisfied as beating up a kid in the play ground....something I grew out of 35 years ago.

So... I decline the offer.

So firstly, it is your opinion that the DA serves no purpose for yourself. You could do some duels but you don't want to. That much i understand. That is your choice.

What you did was cast judgement over some people who do enjoy doing said activity and do not enjoy the activity you suggested they did. What I offer was the chance to witness the actions of those individuals you think you know so well.

As for your one single example, you just went to the DA with the wrong person, clearly. So you write off the whole DA experience from a viewpoint of tunnel vision.

Now, the matter is closed on neutral ground. You have expressed no desire to learn about what you judge so keenly. I have expressed no desire to force you. That is the meaning of an 'offer'.

anything i missed?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2009, 10:05:15 PM »
So firstly, it is your opinion that the DA serves no purpose for yourself. You could do some duels but you don't want to. That much i understand. That is your choice.

What you did was cast judgement over some people who do enjoy doing said activity and do not enjoy the activity you suggested they did. What I offer was the chance to witness the actions of those individuals you think you know so well.

As for your one single example, you just went to the DA with the wrong person, clearly. So you write off the whole DA experience from a viewpoint of tunnel vision.

Now, the matter is closed on neutral ground. You have expressed no desire to learn about what you judge so keenly. I have expressed no desire to force you. That is the meaning of an 'offer'.

anything i missed?

Other than the fact that there are DA squads, read non MA squads ganging in furball lake.....no.  Matter closed.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2009, 10:11:57 PM »
Always a pleasure to see posters dismantled in the King's English.

We currently have a Queen so it's the Queens English up until Charlie takes over.  Then it's the Kings English :aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2009, 10:30:34 AM »
Other than the fact that there are DA squads, read non MA squads ganging in furball lake.....no.  Matter closed.
When I returned to a AH a year or so ago after a month or 3 off with no computer, I found said lake to be more fun than the MA's, to the extent that I never logged into MA's. Alas, slowly but surely, human nature intervened  (For instance, there are currently THREE wings of the Rowdys in there) People (most of them, anyway) want kills any way they can get them, don't really want a fight, don't see any value in having one. They also see nothing wrong in flying around in a 15 plane horde beating up on 1 plane, and being damn proud of the kill they acquire of said lone plane. Folks won't change sides to even things up, in fact, many seem to check roster, and fly on largest country, for 'safety' purposes. I simply see no way of changing this mindset, it's rather akin to the hopelessly lost feeling the residents of former eastern-bloc countries had when their authoritarian governments perished amd they were forced to stand for themselves
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2009, 10:49:10 AM »

As for unfriendly challenges related to matters of "Honour"  :rolleyes:  It's a good few years since I've accepted some gobsoupes (not referring to you) challenge to the DA.  After cleaning their clock did they stop being gobsoupes....NO.  Did I spend a futher unnecessary 15 min with complete tossers.....YES.  Did cleaning their clock enhance my game play...NO.  Was I satisfied..about as satisfied as beating up a kid in the play ground....something I grew out of 35 years ago.

In all of the years I've dueled, I've had maybe 3 encounters like that, and yes, they did seem like giant wastes of time.

But I don't think Batfink was making an unfriendly challenge for "honor."  He probably just figures (as do I) that you're a good stick that he hasn't fought much, and he'd like to change that situation.  There are so many variations in how people approach a fight that every new person you duel is a fresh experience for learning and fun.

If you ever type .f Vudak and see me in there then by all means stop by if you feel like it.  If you don't, then that's ok too.  It's just an offer for fun, friendly fights on a night where the MA is driving you crazy.  Same planes, different planes, same alt, different alt, it doesn't really matter.  Throw up an idea and I'll probably go for it.  Nothing on the line, and not fought for "bragging rights" or anything equally stupid.

:salute
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2009, 02:40:54 PM »
You miss understand.  I did say I wasn't referring to Battie

It's a good few years since I've accepted some gobsoupes (not referring to you) challenge to the DA.

What I was trying to point was I have been challenged by complete spanners to duels and accepted said offers.  Only to realise after the 20 min tired in the MA on 200 you are now alone with a complete spanner for a further 15 min.  As much as you kick the spanners about the DA they are, were and remain spanners.  Futile pointless exorcise in cartoon honour.

In hindsite it would have been best to have left that paragraph out in the previous post.  Merely point out there's dueling with mates then there's dueling with adversaries....  spanners.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2009, 05:05:31 PM »
Sorry, that lazy reading problem of mine again :)

Yeah, those situations are what gives going to the DA a bad name, unfortunately.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2009, 10:46:21 AM »
First off I spoke with Skuzzy the first day the squads went down and the servers lost the DA and it only affected the DA.  I'm the CO over the Rowdy Ones and yes we are basically a squad that only flys in the DA.  We have some of the members that fly with the pigs in the MA as well.  I see alot of clueless people in this forum in particular that doesn't even understand what a squad is really is for.  Reguardless if you fly MA or DA it's all just a game and for some they want to test each other out to see how big there sack is, it's a game but what makes a squad is the friendships you build bottom line.  I understand if your flying MA you want leaders to put together missions on taking over bases but when you get down to it, it's a game.  After your in a squad for awhile you will understand this maybe?  but after you exit the game what do you have? nothing unless friendships have been made!  We are a very close squad having our own Social Network just for chatter to get to know each other better.  Maybe if some of the young pups in here would lean towards this way we wouldn't have all this cursing and testing each others sacks out.  I'll be the first I love a 1on1 better then anything but I'll also be the first to say I'm not the best pilot in here I learn everyday and the more 1on1's I have the better I will get.  The DA has a record of being a gang tard lake???? We'll I've flown in the MA some myself and trust me if your alone and 5 red planes around what are they going to do???? This is such a stupid conversation in my book if you want a 1on1 they are plenty of fields for that in the DA.  The lake is a furball lake meaning of furball is alot of planes condenced together in a close proximity.   I'm sure I'll be responding again in the near future when some idiot responds to this post.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2009, 10:51:23 AM »
First off I spoke with Skuzzy the first day the squads went down and the servers lost the DA and it only affected the DA.  I'm the CO over the Rowdy Ones and yes we are basically a squad that only flys in the DA.  We have some of the members that fly with the pigs in the MA as well.  I see alot of clueless people in this forum in particular that doesn't even understand what a squad is really is for.  Reguardless if you fly MA or DA it's all just a game and for some they want to test each other out to see how big there sack is, it's a game but what makes a squad is the friendships you build bottom line.  I understand if your flying MA you want leaders to put together missions on taking over bases but when you get down to it, it's a game.  After your in a squad for awhile you will understand this maybe?  but after you exit the game what do you have? nothing unless friendships have been made!  We are a very close squad having our own Social Network just for chatter to get to know each other better.  Maybe if some of the young pups in here would lean towards this way we wouldn't have all this cursing and testing each others sacks out.  I'll be the first I love a 1on1 better then anything but I'll also be the first to say I'm not the best pilot in here I learn everyday and the more 1on1's I have the better I will get.  The DA has a record of being a gang tard lake???? We'll I've flown in the MA some myself and trust me if your alone and 5 red planes around what are they going to do???? This is such a stupid conversation in my book if you want a 1on1 they are plenty of fields for that in the DA.  The lake is a furball lake meaning of furball is alot of planes condenced together in a close proximity.   I'm sure I'll be responding again in the near future when some idiot responds to this post.

You sure do a lot of name calling for someone who just stays in the DA.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 11:01:51 AM »
You sure do a lot of name calling for someone who just stays in the DA.

Shuffler,

Actually I didn't call anyone a name besides I see alot of the people in this forum are clueless but it is what it is.  I fly MA also but I'm here for the fights and the friends so flying in the MA is pointless to me although I go every once in a while.  I guess since everyone hates the DA you can put the word out that we are putting together squad matches so they can come pick on us DA guys. 
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep