Author Topic: Are you just whining or do you really want some help?  (Read 775 times)

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
Are you just whining or do you really want some help?
« on: August 26, 2009, 09:35:40 AM »
Are you just whining or do you really want some help? I am no technical guru by any means and probably can't offer much help with individuals problems. However, for those that really want some serious help with their computer issues, quit whining on the boards (you will probably get slammed by the majority of the community). There is a true place to send a valid, well thought out issue to try and have your technical problems resolved (Support Email: support@hitechcreations.com). When I started playing this game some 3+ years ago and had issues, I contacted the team at HTC in this manner and received great support from Skuzzy. I have had other various issues along the way and similarly used the same method to resolve the issue. It does take a while at times but the response is ALWAYS given it's best efforts by the team. Some things to consider before you just whine, go to the homepages and do a little reading and you will find things like,

Welcome to Aces High II Help
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The documentation presented here is designed to help you get started in the world of World War II flight simulations. Unlike other games, Aces High brings you a constantly evolving world, with updates and support. HiTech Creations, Inc. is proud to bring this passion of ours to you. We hope you enjoy playing it as much as we enjoy creating and evolving it. 

Game Requirements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minimum Recommended
Operating System 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista1 2000/XP
CPU 1GHz Pentium 4 2Ghz Pentium 4, or faster
System RAM/Memory 512MB 1GB
Video Card DirectX 9 compatible
with 64MB of RAM2 DirectX 9 compatible
with 128MB of RAM
Input Devices Keyboard and Mouse3 Keyboard, Mouse, and Joystick
Internet Connection Modem dial-up Broadband land based4

Notes:
1) Depending on the configuration of the Vista operating system it could be desirable to have a minimum of 1GB of RAM, and a recommended of 2GB of RAM in your computer.
2) Generally speaking, many onboard video chips may not meet the hardware standards to operate the game. It is normally better to go with an AGP/PCI-E based video card as opposed to a built-in video chip.
3) The game is generally easier and more fun to play when a joystick is available.
4) Satellite connections to the game have latencies which make it difficult to do anything real time.

Aces High Game Features
Aces High II is a massive multi-player online combat simulation centered around the World War II air-war. Here are some of the highlights.
Accurate flight modeling of over 80 aircraft, vehicles, and boats from around the world.
Fight against hundreds of real players from around the world.
Multiple arenas with unique environments offer different styles of gameplay.
Constant updates and additions keep the game fresh.
Create historical skins for your plane.
Start or join a squadron for even more fun.
Participate in special events recreating scenarios from World War II.
Learn from films you can record and view using the Aces High Film Viewer.
Design and build your own terrain with the Aces High Terrain Editor.
In game voice support.
The most flexible view system in the genre. Tailor it to your liking.
Full, true 3D cockpits.
Customize your commands on the keyboard and the joystick.
In-game secure account management.
Auto-update in the game for all updates.
Auto-update for all new skins released for the game.
Free offline practice and missions.
Free 2 week online trial (no billing information needed).

And something like

Welcome to the Aces High Training Corps website - home of the official Aces High Trainers.
The ACES HIGH Training Corps is composed of volunteers who donate their time and efforts to helping players learn and improve their skills. We do this by answering questions in the Training Arena, providing one-on-one training to those who request it, writing articles on the various aspects of the game, and by conducting the Aces High II Flight Training Academy (coming soon).

On this site you will find lots of information to help you improve your game. Some of this information is directly from the AH Help Pages but most goes more in-depth with hints and tips from the trainers and other players.

We hope this website becomes your one-stop reference for information on Aces High. If there is anything that can make it more useful to you, don’t hesitate to let us know by emailing trainers @ hitechcreations.com (spaces inserted to reduce spam).

Good Luck and C’ya Up!

The Aces High Trainers

Yes, the team at Aces High are no Einstein's but, they sure were intelligent enough to create this game for all of us to enjoy at a very reasonable price, keep updates coming, listen & address valid concerns and are probably more financially sound than any one of us. So thinking that they are stupid, think again. So, I'd like to salute and say thanks to these PEOPLE for giving us what they have and suggest more do the same instead of trying to vilify them unjustly on these boards.

Thanks to: HiTech, Pyro, Superfly, Waffle, Sudz, Rosie, Skuzzy, Ronni, Yankee, NateDog & other unsung hero's of the volunteer support staff.

:salute :rock :salute
V/R
1MADDOG1
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
Re: Are you just whining or do you really want some help?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »
 :aok
325th Checkertails

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:40:29 AM »
Nice post Maddog.

Too bad the "I want my twinkie my way right now" crowd won't pay any attention to it regardless of their age. Anyone taking bets there is at least one whine reply to this thread?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:22:34 AM »
 :aok :aok :aok :aok  WELL SAID, HEAR HEAR
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 11:54:41 AM »
Nice post Maddog.
Too bad the "I want my twinkie my way right now" crowd won't pay any attention to it regardless of their age. Anyone taking bets there is at least one whine reply to this thread?

Wait... they're giving out twinkies?! Why didn't I get one?? Dangit HT! WHY DO YOU GIVE TWINKIES TO THE ELITE FEW! I WANT MY TWINKIE TOO!
I actually do feel bad to those with issues. Just not to the whiners.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 12:01:00 PM by Knite »
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 11:05:01 PM »
1MADDOG1,
Very well written and researched post.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline 100hooch

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 11:12:09 PM »
1MADDOG1,
Very well written and researched post.

Naw! That just means MADDOG's game is playing like crap, too, but he can't find anything better to do.
"It's not our job to die for our country.  It's our job to make the other poor dumb sonofasqueak die for his!" -- Gen. George S. Patton

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 11:50:47 PM »
Naw! That just means MADDOG's game is playing like crap, too, but he can't find anything better to do.

SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP! Now ask the bartender for another beer and to pass the popcorn. :x Actually, my game is fine as well as my abilities if you would like to research scores. So there you guy you. By the way, isn't that a magnifisant sky? ROFLMAO If you keep this up, there will be no chili for you next year at DAYTON and I'll make a SPECIAL set of ChemLights for you to wear. DOH! :O
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)

Offline 100hooch

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 02:52:53 AM »
Coprhead wrote the OP, didn't he?

Anyone who plays with chem-lights is not that articulate.  BTW, I did notice the beautiful sky!  I was contemplating the concept of "upness" and. . . . there it was! 
"It's not our job to die for our country.  It's our job to make the other poor dumb sonofasqueak die for his!" -- Gen. George S. Patton

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 05:49:40 AM »
Man you guys have issues :)

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »

Note to self: PK1 gets a special set of ChemLights too. :x :O :x

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 01:55:08 PM »

Here, you look tired.....have a seat here and enjoy the PBR.   :t
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 12:06:03 AM »
You guys are so generous. :)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 07:34:21 AM »
A+.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."