Author Topic: Updated Ju87  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Updated Ju87
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 03:01:24 PM »
Stukas are actually fairly fun to play with.

last night in the SEA2 furballing event (thanx ROS!) i took a stukka out and turn fought Orbital in his Ki84. now of course the ending was a foregone conclusion, before we even merged i knew i could not contend with a KI. but i kept him twisting and turning and he damn well had to work for that kill! it was fun and difficult and exciting to every turn be just a hair to low to put guns on him. the stukka must have absorbed almost every one of his cannon rounds and most of his bb's before i finally succumbed to the pilot wound he had given me early in the fight and sat still enough for him to finish the job.

i would love to see this ride get a nice face lift and some cannons added. just for the fun it would be to take one up and dance with the lesser armored but faster rides. if you really wanna learn how to turn fight and control your e states that is the ride to practice with! she is not gonna give you anything free you gotta be willing to work for it. and any mistake will leave you hanging on a string for your opponent to pluck at his leisure!

I have an old film from about 3-4 years back that shows me smacking ghi around in a Ju 87D-3.  One of the few times I've had a plane run from a Ju 87 and take refuge in base acks.

Majority of the players that come across one can be easily suckered into turning with a Stuka and they will also usually run...err I mean 'extend' when they start getting pelted with those Stuka spit wads and come back to finish off the Stuka with BnZ attacks.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 04:14:59 PM »
Hmmm updated Stuka, i like that, with 20 or 30 mm's.  Also i'd like some skins that have Regia Aeronautica symbol.  :aok :aok :aok
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »
IDK if anyone else had stated this but the Ju-87 we have now DOES have the window in the floor panel.  You just can't see through it with an 1800kg bomb because it obstructs your view.  Carry the smaller 1000kg bomb or look after you have dropped your bomb. 
Tours 86 - 296

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »

AH Panel: Bomb obstructs the entire or nearly 90% of it, making it nearly impossible to actually know when you're directly over your target. sure you can use F3, but where's the immersion at.  Wink

There you go banshee. I did say we have it but you can't see out of it. ^^^^

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 10:19:42 AM »
The Stuka was the first aircraft to fulfill the concept of pinpoint dive bombing.

I am not sure this is true.  If I remember correctly there was an American plane that pioneered the concept.  The story I remember was of USA giving a demonstration of dive bombing to a group of visiting foreign military.  The German Representative was so impressed that when he returned to Germany he got the ball rolling on the stuka.  I'll go check for a source.  If my memory serves me right i believe it was made by Curtis.

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 10:24:07 AM »
Yeah the German in question was Ernst Udet ...and the plane was the F8c ....He purchased a few and took then to German.  Which caused the stuka to be designed.

I was incorrect the British came up with the concept in WW I ...then the US Marine Corps perfected the method post WW I.

Helm ...out
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 10:26:37 AM by Helm »
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »
I'm not sure, but I THINK the aircraft in question was the Curtiss SBC Helldiver.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 05:19:48 PM »
     There were actually quite a few dive bombers produced in the 1930s.  Curtiss, Northrup and I believe
Boeing all made them.  The Japanese had the Val.  It was a popular concept because at the time it was
the most accurate method of bombing.  The stuka got the best press due to the shock factor caused by
the blitzkrieg.

The type was phased out by war's end as fighter bombers proved capable of the same sort of accuracy
and better options in a defensive role.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 11:34:19 PM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 08:53:42 AM »
bump
 :)

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 09:06:19 AM »
I'm all for an update to the Stuka but not the addition of 20mm wing mounted cannons.  The D-3 didn't have 20mm cannons, that was the D-5 and the D-5 differed from the D-3 that it would require adding that particular model to get 20mm cannons.

ack-ack

D-1 and D-3 had a 37mm variant.  That's what I want to see. I just posted a topic in general discussions about this.  All they have to do is add the 37mm to the existing D-3 in the hanger and viola...boomstick :rock
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 09:29:40 AM by ToeTag »
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009, 12:39:28 PM »
Say...would be nice if we had at least 1 more model and more varied armament loadouts:

Ju 87D-4 - Two underwing WB81 weapon containers each housing six MG 81 guns.
Ju 87D-5, D-8 - Two 20mm MG 151/20 cannon in wings, one 7.92mm MG 81Z twin machine guns manually aimed in rear cockpit Ju 87G - Two 37mm Flak 18 Bord Kannone (12 rounds of ammo carried per gun)
Ju 87D-4 - One 1,687lb LT F5b Torpedo or loads of similar weight.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline froehlich

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 07:11:19 PM »
i would like to see the ju 87 updated also the Me 410 added