Author Topic: TA bomber calibration  (Read 808 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
TA bomber calibration
« on: March 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »
Alright, I took a guy into the TA to try and help teach him how to do level bombing, calibrations, and all that.

I believe it was set up to the old 'manual calibration' method (which I don't know how to do).  It hasn't always been like this has it?  Or can you change what method you use?

Thanks
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: TA bomber calibration
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »
The setup can be changed by members of the Training Staff upon request.  I believe most times, it's set up to match that of the Main Arenas, so someone must have requested the manual calibration to practice for an upcoming special event.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 03:15:40 PM »
Ok, that makes sense.  I was asking the trainer in there why it was set that way but he wasn't responding to me.  Oh well, thanks for the info.

Folks, play nice.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 04:11:46 PM »
 Jayhawk,

your correct the TA is set to manual mode for bombing!

I may have been the trainer you tried to contact,I was afk as no one was in the training arena at the time.

I'm not sure who set the arena last but we've had it requested to be set to manual mode to assist players who have had troubles in some events with the manual bombing.

I'm sorry I wasnt there to change the settings for you,next time leave a note in text buffer if the trainer doesnt respond,they can read it and try to respond as soon as they can.

:salute

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 04:36:29 PM »
Yep, it was you morfiend, no problem.  I learned something from the whole thing.  :)

:salute

Folks, play nice.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 12:35:32 AM »
You could practice in the DA.  It's isolated and as long as you stay in the Bombing area no one would probably notice.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 12:47:01 AM »
Yeah I thought about it but we had already tried the MA (mistake on my part) and were over targets in TA, not a big deal. 

Gave me a new respect for you trainers, it's tough teaching someone who is nearly a blank slate.

Folks, play nice.