Author Topic: Water sucks again...  (Read 2161 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: Water sucks again...
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2009, 10:11:22 AM »
This cracks me up.  Am I supposed to be impressed or something?  Leave this stuff out of your posts, dude.  This discussion is not about you and it doesn’t serve you well to always pepper your posts with this “look at me, I’m a vet” hubris.    

Anyway, I said “move his head forward” which is different from “zoom”.  They are actually two completely different commands in game.  Moving one’s head forward is no different than leaning toward the screen if TrackIR is being used.  There is absolutely nothing gamey about that.  Actually zooming in could be considered gamey but who cares?  There are some functions that the game allows that make up for the inherent lack of clarity that comes with viewing cartoons on a computer rather than what you would see in RL.  Having said that, if someone is zoomed in and smacks the water because they were “zoomed” not just leaning forward, then it’s their fault, not the game’s.  However, that is not what the OP was talking about.  The whole zoom thing came up when someone told him to look at his instruments.  The fact remains (and this is what the OP was trying to point out) that it is more difficult to judge the distance to the water now that it was before this latest release.  Perhaps this is what they intended which was to make this RL problem (as Kweassa states above) more realistic in game. Personally, I hope they make an adjustment but it is playable the way it is now.  

One last thing, I think the suggestion to not fight over the water that some have made here is completely absurd.  That would pretty much rule out many Pacific scenarios and shut down the furball area in the DA – hey wait a second, good job HTC!!   :aok

Karaya, I'll help you out by highlighting my point in my first post.

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2009, 10:15:05 AM »
Karaya, I'll help you out by highlighting my point in my first post.

Which is negated by my reply.   When you "zoom in"/"lean over", your "depth perception" is more difficult.   He wants this "difficulty", made easier.   Blaming the "water model" on shoddy "tactics" is NOT the solution.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2009, 10:15:39 AM »
Not only that but....  Once he becomes a novice pilot, he'll realize zooming doesn't help his shooting.

You're gaming the game with that crap and have the audacity to call out HTC and their "water sucking"?  

What he just said!!!   :D

Which is negated by my reply.   When you "zoom in"/"lean over", your "depth perception" is more difficult.   He wants this "difficulty", made easier.   Blaming the "water model" on shoddy "tactics" is NOT the solution.   
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2009, 10:24:43 AM »
Which is negated by my reply.   When you "zoom in"/"lean over", your "depth perception" is more difficult.   He wants this "difficulty", made easier.   Blaming the "water model" on shoddy "tactics" is NOT the solution.  

His original post said nothing about zooming in or leaning forward.  He was only addressing the fact that it is difficult to judge where the water is.  The "zoom" thing only came up after someone told him to look at his altimeter.  Anyway, now I see you are being daft on purpose.
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2009, 10:30:40 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:42:06 PM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2009, 10:33:28 AM »
His original post said nothing about zooming in or leaning forward.  He was only addressing the fact that it is difficult to judge where the water is.  The "zoom" thing only came up after someone told him to look at his altimeter.  Anyway, now I see you are being daft on purpose.

:aok
AoM

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2009, 10:34:47 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:25:55 PM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2009, 10:41:28 AM »
His original post has absolutely no structure or basis.   It was only when countered you actually "read what he wanted".    :x    Keep humping the ankle though, I have an itch.

That is simply one aspect of why he wants the depth perception problem fixed; most likely it is not the only reason he wants it fixed.  However, you assume that it is so you can pounce on him and criticize him and say that he sucks which is pretty much your modus operandi.  Funny thing is, as it usually does, it has backfired on you and made you look silly. 
AoM

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2009, 10:42:57 AM »
That is simply one aspect of why he wants the depth perception problem fixed; most likely it is not the only reason he wants it fixed.  However, you assume that it is so you can pounce on him and criticize him and say that he sucks which is pretty much your modus operandi.  Funny thing is, as it usually does, it has backfired on you and made you look silly. 

I'm sure in your mind this happened.  But actually, it hasn't. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »

I'd like to punctuate my departure from this thread with the following quote. 

:lol i have read through this thread, and i still for the life of me can not figure what possessed karaya to make such a sweetheart of himself.
AoM

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2009, 11:37:18 AM »

i actually use a minor zoom when i think i have a guns solution.

in the 38j, i fly with the pilots head position all the way back. when i need any better view, i zoom till the ammo counter is just at the very bottom edge of my monitor.  this is really nothing more than kinda leaning forward in the cockpit i think.......like if i had a trakir......

i need this, as i can barley see what the con is doing if he's 1k or more out........800 i'm kinda ok......400, i'm ok.....less than 400, and i'm good to go.

i haven't flown a water map since ths most recent patch, so i don't know on that. i do know, that i've not yet had trouble telling how close i am to it.
 it is much easier with the trees though.

leaves in cockpit= too low.  :noid
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:39:43 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2009, 11:50:48 AM »
i actually use a minor zoom when i think i have a guns solution.

in the 38j, i fly with the pilots head position all the way back. when i need any better view, i zoom till the ammo counter is just at the very bottom edge of my monitor.  this is really nothing more than kinda leaning forward in the cockpit i think.......like if i had a trakir......

i need this, as i can barley see what the con is doing if he's 1k or more out........800 i'm kinda ok......400, i'm ok.....less than 400, and i'm good to go.

i haven't flown a water map since ths most recent patch, so i don't know on that. i do know, that i've not yet had trouble telling how close i am to it.
 it is much easier with the trees though.

leaves in cockpit= too low.  :noid

Two different animals bro.   But we all know what the OP failed to leave out of his first few posts until you coerced it out of him.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2009, 05:42:53 PM »
Forgive me if Im missing something but IM a little confused....

youre saying Patch 6: water sucked, Patch 7: then was ok, Patch 8: now sucks again

there is an option to turn the water detail from Patch 7 On/Off in Patch 8........ if you liked the way it looked in 7.... turn it back ON
WTG Batch , Only person who tried to solve his problem, before the flamming began.  He could've worded alittle better I guess. :rolleyes:
Well I like to fly, gv, gun alittle. Changing my zoom is a must for me. I'm not gonna use the same zoom in a M4 and a Fm2.

IN!
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2009, 06:13:49 PM »
His original post has absolutely no structure or basis.   It was only when countered you actually "read what he wanted".    :x    Keep humping the ankle though, I have an itch.

Masherbrum/Karaya,

I realize you can't help but make a fool of yourself here or in the MA. I usually mute you in the MA after you start one of your driveling rants, as you continually prove yourself clueless.

Seeing as you're so interested in what I want, I want the water to have some depth perception, something it doesn't have now if you're in low resolution. Of course, if you'd read the posts, you'd already know that. For the record, the frustration that precipitated my first post was from me flying level above the water (or so i thought), ABSOLUTLY NO ZOOM, playing with two temps and a spit in the DA, looking out my front windshield at the moment of impact as i planted myself into the water, as i couldn't tell that it was that close. As I now ALWAYS film everything I do here, due to you and other clowns like you that don't have a clue what they're speaking of, I'll be happy to post the film if you would like. As this issue didn't exist in the previous versions before the big update, I'm sure HTC will eventually fix this too. At the moment, the water sucks, unless there's been an update since the last time i flew.

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2009, 06:16:15 PM »
Im using about as low as you can get as far as hardware goes....... and I take no hit at all with detailed water turned on...... no different than bump mapping

you didnt have to turn it on before because patch 7 made it the standard for everyone..... when they put out patch 8 they reverted the graphics changes from 7 due to some issues....... but they added the option for detailed water so you could still have that if you wanted it...... its an option

you cant really say the water sucks if you have the option to use the water you claim to like..... with no side effects other than solving your problem

While your post may be correct, it is really irrelevant. The low resolution water and ground needs to have depth to it or it needs to be removed altogether.