Author Topic: Trees in water problem  (Read 463 times)

Offline mrmidi

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Trees in water problem
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »
It appears that the problem with the trees and clutter being in the water is only in the TE it's self.

I created a terrain with a river leading into the ocean and in the TE the trees are showing in the water,
but when the res file is built the trees are not there in game.
The following screen shots show what I am talking about.

TE image:

In Game Image:

:salute
midi
In charge of nothing.
C.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
It is what it is!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Trees in water problem
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »
I can't build a .res because of a build error I'm getting, but while in the TE, I'm getting the same tree in water.  Good to know they disappear when the terrain is built.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Trees in water problem
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:20:50 PM »
I have played around with this and seems like we can't have thin beaches (1 pixel) but instead the beach zone (rgb 170,170,170) needs to be at least 4 pixels thick.

I  created a beach zone of 2 pixels thick and then a 1 pixel thick transition between beach and sandy grass and it got rid of most of the trees. But I still had an odd one here and there. Going to try a 3 pixel beach and 1 pixel transition beach to sandy grass tonight and see if that does it. Not real happy about that since it creates 3/8 of a mile thick beach zone but if that is what it takes.

Might also try doing 2 pixels of beach and 3 pixels of beach to sandy grass transition then have the grass zone beyond that. But I think that is the issue.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team