Author Topic: solution for massive NOE raids  (Read 5892 times)

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
Re: solution for massive NOE raids
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 09:24:40 AM »
Make giant flypaper walls up to 200ft around dar ring.
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 11:09:55 AM »
You could just get better spies.  :)
Strokes

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 03:11:59 PM »
How about if there are more than 8 cons inbound to a field, the base flashes twice as fast?

Offline TheAce

• Copper Member
      • ~The Guardians~ Homepage
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 03:56:05 PM »
You could just get better spies.  :)
But the squeakers are the only ones who won't make them suspicious....
It is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Squad CO of ~The Guardians~ - RECRUITING

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 05:30:36 PM »
Likes saying no to using strategy.....dumb ass

But the squeakers are the only ones who won't make them suspicious....

Excuse me, "TheAce", who are you? Your first post in this thread was completely out of line, if I was moderating I'd say you deserve a short forum ban and your parents' credit card suspended from this game for 2 weeks. Go play Xbox, son. RTholmes had a suggestion, I think it was a good suggestion, some others disagree. You, though, wait until it's clear the consensus is against his idea, and pile on for internet rep points. Enjoy the 10th grade, buy your school supplies yet?

As for your second post, I'm real tired of squeakers calling other people squeakers.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2009, 05:31:36 PM »
How about if there are more than 8 cons inbound to a field, the base flashes twice as fast?

this I like :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 07:01:27 PM »

Excuse me, "TheAce", who are you? Your first post in this thread was completely out of line, if I was moderating I'd say you deserve a short forum ban and your parents' credit card suspended from this game for 2 weeks. Go play Xbox, son. RTholmes had a suggestion, I think it was a good suggestion, some others disagree. You, though, wait until it's clear the consensus is against his idea, and pile on for internet rep points. Enjoy the 10th grade, buy your school supplies yet?

As for your second post, I'm real tired of squeakers calling other people squeakers.

Wasn't that a bit harsh trotter? I admit he did step over the line (IMO), but not in anyway huge way. A moderator may have a different oppinion, but I will leave it up to them.

Agree to the originol post if I have it correct. BTW, I have a nubeish question: what does NOE mean?
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline TheAce

• Copper Member
      • ~The Guardians~ Homepage
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 09:47:31 PM »

Hehe, I may have come off a bit "wrong," college count as a squeaker? Yes I agree with you that I did wait for his idea to be "boo'ed." But, this is a combat simulator as I understand, and some people like to use "strategies" (ever heard of it?). Saying that to big of a raid using a strategie to avoid radar is like saying no massive bombing runs because they will knock out an enemy base. Doesn't make sense does it? So lets not punish those who actually use the brain they were given.

Agree to the originol post if I have it correct. BTW, I have a nubeish question: what does NOE mean?

NOE means to fly under radar below 200 feet where the terrain interferes with the radar.
It is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Squad CO of ~The Guardians~ - RECRUITING

Offline Mako

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2009, 11:23:19 PM »
The reason I get into NOE missions is to go full throttle at 100 feet! Nothing like scaring the wildlife and avoiding terrain  at 250 knots :x

Who cares if you get the capture!

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2009, 11:25:50 PM »
NOE means to fly under radar below 200 feet where the terrain interferes with the radar.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2009, 11:35:40 PM »
Wasn't that a bit harsh trotter? I admit he did step over the line (IMO), but not in anyway huge way. A moderator may have a different oppinion, but I will leave it up to them.

Trotter is one of the nicer people you can come across on the bbs.  If you tick him off, well...you had it coming.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2009, 12:12:26 AM »
This is wishlist not training forum's you put thing's you want on this forum if your gunna give advice go put it in help/training but yes I kinda like this idea but limbo0 has been able to do NOE mission's with like 20 guys in them.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2009, 12:13:19 AM »
This is wishlist not training forum's you put thing's you want on this forum if your gunna give advice go put it in help/training but yes I kinda like this idea but limbo0 has been able to do NOE mission's with like 20 guy's in them.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2009, 12:31:23 AM »
Tell me about it, it is quite annoying, not pointing fingers at any one in particular...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2009, 12:44:54 AM »
NOE missions are easy to fix and still allow them to continue.

My idea would be;

1. Set radar detection at 100' altitude instead of 500' like it is now. Or perhaps decrease the altitude required to maintain NOE status the closer you approach an enemy airfield, vbase, or strategic target.

2. Disable to use of auto level of any kind under 500 feet, that also includes setting auto climb to max speed to mimic auto level. You want to fly NOE, go ahead and do at least a little work.

3. Enable zone ENY. Make the tolerances much higher than normal ENY, so unless you're attacking a base within 50 miles of at least a few enemy airplanes you will be stuck in early war aircraft.

I feel a lot of the time missions are more interested in avoiding conflict than truly interacting with other people online.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!