Author Topic: River-Ocean Blend Color RGB Values....  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
River-Ocean Blend Color RGB Values....
« on: September 02, 2009, 06:33:44 PM »
This is a pallet I worked on showing colors of the river to ocean blend.

Basically I moved the slider to each hash mark and created a section of water blend. Then I exported the
waterc.bmp file and took the values of RGB. While it while it will export 17 colors it will only import and draw
4 shades. So each section of four colors will import and draw as one blend of river-ocean. Hope it makes
sense and helps people draw blends.

Strip

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: River-Ocean Blend Color RGB Values....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »
So wait, are these what it looks like in the game, or is this just the color-coding it uses?
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:05:23 PM »
This is the color coding it uses for water color when you export the waterc(d) file....

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 11:16:05 PM »
Do you have an example of what the ACTUAL colors look like?
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 04:16:58 AM »
You can change them outside the T.E so it would be different for everyone who played with the original ocean color.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 06:21:56 AM »
Original post edited to show water color with stock settings.....

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:03:52 PM »
I wish HTC had used grayscale for water color too. Transitions would be easier to do that way.

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:34:58 PM »

Both waterc and waterd are always greyscale for me, strip must be inadvertantly applying a custom color table. I've found I get the best results by using only 3 colors, 0,0,0  130,130,130 & 255,255,255, Using more colors adds little or nothing to the look of the water and it caused the size of the res output file to jump from 8 megs to over 50 megs.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 11:03:34 PM »
Hm, I may try copying my waterd into waterc and see what happens, because the depth should correspond to my "shallows."

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 07:48:26 AM »

Both waterc and waterd are always greyscale for me, strip must be inadvertantly applying a custom color table. I've found I get the best results by using only 3 colors, 0,0,0  130,130,130 & 255,255,255, Using more colors adds little or nothing to the look of the water and it caused the size of the res output file to jump from 8 megs to over 50 megs.

It seems like we are working off three or four versions or something, that or language/term/naming confusion.

The waterc/d files are always 256 color .bmp when I create one and check its properties. Your right tho, only makes sense to input three colors as you only have three levels of water shade.

Strip

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 07:58:30 AM »
Interesting enough, I made a copy of my waterd.bmp and renamed it waterc.bmp, and the water color DID change.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 08:05:21 AM »
How did it turn out?

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 08:58:05 AM »
I'll probably want to fine-tune it, but not too badly. On the whole, I think the effect would be better with a smoother transition like the water depth, however.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 02:46:12 PM »
The exports are / should be gray scale.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 04:50:42 PM »
Incidentally, I was able to change the River color in the editor but even after changing the Ocean color it's not updating in the TE, just using the default.