Author Topic: Patch 8 stutter questionnaire  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Re: Patch 8 stutter questionnaire
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 06:28:33 PM »
1 - The game is somewhat choppy when looking around (TrackIR) and it doesn't flow smoothly as the view changes. It's pretty consistent regardless of what I'm flying over and appears to affect everything. Frame rates DO NOT change and it doesn't interfere with my ability to fly but it is a bit distracting.

1. The Same.

2. Since the new release, but it seems that after every patch it's gotten better little by little. One patch, i can't remember, fixed it alot.

3. Windows XP, c2d 6400 2.13ghz,  ati radeon 3870, 2gb ram

4. 1680 x 1050 both sliders 3/4 to the left, with hi res pack.  Detailed terrain on, bump map on, detailed water on. shadows off. At 512 textures there is no difference except things don't look as purty.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 04:58:51 AM »
nvm
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:01:29 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Forker

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 06:47:26 PM »
Suddenly the stuttering is worse now (since yesterday), plus when i key up to talk upon releasing the key I have a tremendous screen freeze everytime. Still running 59-60 fps. The game is almost getting unplayable for me  :frown:
Lord, help me to be the kind of man my dog thinks I am.

Offline Wing19

• Zinc Member
      • SkyKnight Bomber Group Base
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 11:02:13 PM »
1. I get terrain jumping every once in a while, depends on what map and where I am. I do get stutters when no planes are around and seems to happen a little more in furballs, but slows the longer I'm on.

2. Stutters on patches #1-#6. All stuttering stopped in patch #7. Patch #8 seems to be just as bad as #1-#6

3. XP Pro with SP3, Intel core 2 E8500 with 4gig' Nvidia SLI 9800GT. Also tried a single card, 1GB

4. In Nvidia Control
    Antiso Filt-2X
    Antialaising Mode- Enhance the app
    Antialaising setting-SLI 16X
    Antaliasing Trans-Multi
    Confront tex-Use hardware
    Multi Display-Single card
    SLI performance-Nvidia recommended
    Max for all ah setting except for the shadows
    I have tried all setting in SLI and with a single card. for now this seems to work the best for the stuttering and frame rates    with a steady 60fps.

I do have some shimmering on aircraft edges and trees that started with this new version, but this may be the video card.

SKWing19

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 11:40:12 PM »
same FR issues in new patch.

NOT

AKNOT