Author Topic: I quit...cashing in me perkies  (Read 8927 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
I quit...cashing in me perkies
« on: September 06, 2009, 12:58:13 AM »
Everyone at Hitech Creations.  I’ve been playing since AOL Fighter Ops then Warbirbirds Fighter Ops and lastly renting space here in Aces High since January 2002.  Guys, it’s been such a fun hobby you created.  I’ve had a lot of laughs with team players and especially squadies.   Enjoyed just about every aspect of the game and none more so than the strategic side but I must really be moving on now.  Thanks for the game, the fun and the friendships.   I hope I haven’t made too much of an “avocado” of myself.  I wish you every success with expansion and further plane and game developments in the future.  It’s been a blast …thank you all. :salute

With the fighter perkies I would like the 650-watt microwave in electric blue (black if those are out of stock).  With the bomber perkies I would like the “Genuine” Stainless Steal 24 piece cutlery set in the simulated walnut veneer, velvet lined case.  With the Vehicle perkies I know I’ll forfeit the remaining 2,000 vehicles perks but for old time sake I’d like a 2002 Aces High logo’ed T-shirt and matching baseball cap.   :D

Friends

After 10 years of sim games, mostly here in AH, there’s just to many to mention individually.  The guys from the League of Gentlemen, The 367th Dynamite Gang, The S.O.B’s (Sons of Bishes), The Blind Bats and lastly many rooks and other assorted players.  Without you guys this game wouldn’t have been anywhere near the fun I’ve I had.  I thank you for your kindred spirits, your team play and the bloody goods cracks we’ve pulled off.  A big <S> to each and every one especially Lobo3.  :aok   :salute

Foes

There are two types of foes all of which have generously contributed to my perk bank above. Without the guys that learn this game.  The ones that get into a fight without Ho’ing on the merge.  The ones that stay in the fight until the bitter end.  The ones that didn’t scweem on 200.  Without these guys this game would have got old years ago.  Win or loose these tenacious battles have kept me coming back for more.  .  I salute you and thank you for the fun.   :salute

Then there’s, to use a horse racing term, the “also ran”.  You know the types.  The victims on 200.  The paranoid.  The accusers. The gamers.  The phrase “how did he do that” is lost on these fellows.  Take my advice and bank those perks.  You might get a toaster from their scalps.  :D

The reason

I’ve contemplated leaving for the last three months.  I was going to leave at the end of tour 114 as number 1 over all.  That’s why I went for it but HTC, the crafty so an so’s, released the updates just before the end of that tour.  I suckered myself into staying a month longer than I should have.

I’m not leaving because my computer can’t take the upgrade.  It’s not because there’s a small fault somewhere that screws around with my stick sensitivity from plane to plane or Gv to plane.  It boils down to a combination of things.  As the world draws ever closer to a new paradigm I find myself moving into another 15 year phase of my life.  Don’t ask me why there’s a 15-year phase.  There just is,  This is hard to explain other than to say in my best hippy voice “you gotta be mellow with this stuff man”.   Then there’s my illness.  It’s dogged me for over three years now.  It nearly made my wife, who I love so preciously, a widow back in January.  It was heart braking watching her tears and it’s been very humbling to see her working steadfastly as the sole breadwinner.  Our savings and all state benefits expired 2 years ago.  Our financial state is dire.  Talk about “above and beyond the call of duty”.  Some other wives would have been long gone by now.   Thankfully, Sunday 6th September I go into hospital to have and, this will tickle you, a Hartmann reversal.   It’s an operation I need to resume a normal life.  It’s going to be a bit of a tough one because of all the adhesions I have.  Then there’s a 3 to 6 month recuperation period before I can do any manual work.  Read that as start looking for a job.

As this new phase of my life begins I feel very positive.  I have no clue to where it will lead but I know from within it’s going to be “groovy”.  I want to concentrate on bringing my lovely wife some pleasantries.  

I maybe back in the future but never again through the schools vacation. I’ll be hanging around these boards for a time when I get home in a couple of weeks.  

As I’ve gotten older I’ve become more melancholy.  I found these some time ago and thought them apt for my parting, especially the last 30 seconds of the last one.  Please don’t read into this anymore than it is.  Just some music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk8l8-bbSEw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSVOEZDL74
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 01:04:17 AM by LYNX »

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: I quit...cashing in me perkies
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 01:02:37 AM »
Well really didn't know you well but good luck mate! <S>

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 01:13:35 AM »
 :(

I wish you a pleasant, quiet life.
Enjoy as best you can.

:salute
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 01:20:35 AM »
 :salute

TT
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 01:25:59 AM »
<S> LYNX
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 01:31:04 AM »
Was great to have you Lynx.  <S>  and very best of luck with everything in your future.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 01:34:30 AM »
 :salute LYNX. It was almost a pleasure being your foe :O and definately a pleasure flying with you as a Rook these last couple of months. For the last 4 years that I have played the game, you have been one of the GENTLEMEN of the game. Do take care of your health as it is the most important thing in life. Hold on tight to the misses as she is one in a million. Good luck in life sir and I hope that you find your way back to the game as you can on your own terms. You will be missed.  :salute :rock :salute
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 01:34:52 AM »
Lynx, I was starting to enjoy your company towards the end of your tenure in AH. I felt you started viewing AH in a different light and I see I was right, although in this case I am unhappy I was correct.

Stop in and let us know how you are doing, and I hope to see you in AH again in the future.   :)
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 01:51:58 AM »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 02:07:49 AM »
 :salute was a pleasure being a moving target for ya! take care of RL and Maybe I will see ya in the toon skies on your terms!
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 02:15:53 AM »
Lynx,

Not even sure I know what to say.  :( In the past three and half years I have played AH, I have been your foe and friendly. Its truly been an honor to serve with you and against you. A formidable opponent.

I wish you well mate, may your future adventures be filled with clear skies and good health. :salute
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 02:28:28 AM »
is that lindsey lohan squeezing her boobs together?
 I'd hit it  :O

take care LYNX <S>
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 02:30:43 AM »
 :salute sir,
have a good rest of your life.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 02:34:52 AM »
LYNX,

Only want to say one thing.  If you ever want to come back and just enjoy some cartoon flyin' there is no shame in doing so.  Many folks quit on a bad note and I am afraid that there is an element of pride that prevents them from returning b/c of what others may say.  I think that I speak for the majority in saying that this is certainly not the case here.  Just come back and enjoy for a bit and then fade away again when you want.  We all will certainly miss you being online and enjoy when you are back.  You have done all things well, inlcuding your departure.

<S> Sunbatt    
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 02:41:21 AM »
 :salute Lynx
The Few
Since Tour 93