Author Topic: Love Saturday Nights  (Read 3824 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Love Saturday Nights
« on: September 06, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »
... and the bish horde   :rolleyes:

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: Love Saturday Nights
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 02:31:55 PM »
Man, I wish I could get on when they are about....all I find are the Knit and Rook ones.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 03:52:59 PM »
On the bright side, at least they were not all flying Spitfires...

:lol

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 04:45:29 PM »
Looks like its just another one of Thunders Jug missions. :rock

He usually gets a pretty good turn out for his missions, they're run well and alot of fun. :D

Nothing different here than many of the Rook and Nit missions I've encountered on any given night of the week. :rolleyes:

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 04:51:32 PM »
Looks like its just another one of Thunders Jug missions. :rock

He usually gets a pretty good turn out for his missions, they're run well and alot of fun. :D

Nothing different here than many of the Rook and Nit missions I've encountered on any given night of the week. :rolleyes:

The difference is that the Rook missions are usually not as well planned or executed.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 05:09:25 PM »
The difference is that the Rook missions are usually not as well planned or executed.

Not anymore anyway.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 07:37:18 PM »
Not anymore anyway.
+1
You're missions are always fun sir <S>
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 07:40:09 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I've had as much Rook horde stop the Bish horde, so don't even give me that. ;)
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 07:49:34 PM »
I'll give a  :salute to you guys going in showing dar over the late night knit noe's that my countrymen love so much.   :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 10:21:08 PM »
The thing that bothers me is all with in 1 sector there was a VB, the port they went after, and the associated CV. This is where the dweebishness and stupidity comes in. With the amount of people they had....and not all 40 of them are in the picture... they could have easily split the mission and tried for all three at once.

Where's the challenge to having 40 planes bomb the crap out of one field and circle for 5 minutes waiting for any uppers? And heaven forbid anyone suicidal enough to try and up to defend. We all know how terrifying it can be if you let someone get wheels up and a 120 mph of wind under a wing !!

Its sad that 40 guys get together and can't come up with a plan that might challenge them. Something they may have to work together to accomplish. I thought the Bish prided themselves on teamwork? A horde isn't teamwork, its an overwhelming force.

Sure I'd guess the Rooks and Knits are just as guilty of putting together hordes. I, on the other hand will take a stand, I will NOT join the horde !!

Any one else have balls enough to stand with me?   :pray

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 11:27:22 PM »
The fact remains that the dar-bar was present from sector to sector as the mission climbed out. P47's packing bombs are incredibly slow in a climb, therefore dar-bar basically serves as a billboard advertisement saying "HEY, SHOOT US DOWN, WE'RE HEADING YOUR WAY!!" I distinctly remember apologizing for launching the mission from further back, but we needed distance for altitude.

The fact remains that well organized defense has time to respond to the dar-bar threat as it SLOWLY CLIMBS OUT.
The fact remains that it has been proven to work before many times. Missions (hordes) have indeed been broken before. Rooks have demonstrated their patience and adeptness in doing this many times. We've been busted by the best.

Apparently, Rooks in general did not notice something amiss coming at them across the map. Therefore, not much of a defense ensued.

It's not like Scotty beamed us on location over target and we dropped in without advanced notice.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 12:17:58 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

so......it was all them vs you?

if you fly anything like cobia, snaphook, akak, murdr....then it was still unfair odds........iin your favor!!

:D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 01:54:13 AM »
I'm mad, I didnt make it in the picture. :mad: :furious
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 09:38:09 AM »
I can never afford a 262 when I need one... :cry
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 09:54:59 AM »
The fact remains that the dar-bar was present from sector to sector as the mission climbed out. P47's packing bombs are incredibly slow in a climb, therefore dar-bar basically serves as a billboard advertisement saying "HEY, SHOOT US DOWN, WE'RE HEADING YOUR WAY!!" I distinctly remember apologizing for launching the mission from further back, but we needed distance for altitude.

The fact remains that well organized defense has time to respond to the dar-bar threat as it SLOWLY CLIMBS OUT.
The fact remains that it has been proven to work before many times. Missions (hordes) have indeed been broken before. Rooks have demonstrated their patience and adeptness in doing this many times. We've been busted by the best.

Apparently, Rooks in general did not notice something amiss coming at them across the map. Therefore, not much of a defense ensued.

It's not like Scotty beamed us on location over target and we dropped in without advanced notice.

Your assuming the whole Rook nation is a cohesive unit working as a team, like the other teams its just a bunch of people on the same server playing a game. Some are having a blast milking the factories, others are peeing themselves at a spawn point killing the same 3 guys over and over again. Then there are those that enjoy their NOE's, and those fighter jocks that only like a good fight.

Yes we saw your dar bar, yes we launched our planes, and yes, we were still out numbered 6 to 1 by a horde !  By you spliting your mission into 3 prongs you could have challenged your team to be a bit better, to use a smaller force to take 3 bases at once. Also by doing that the few defenders that were there could have maybe defended one of the bases a bit, making it fun for them as well. Seeing as it was about the only "fight" going on on the map at the time you came in and in a few minutes bombed the cap out of the airfield, and cleared the air of defenders.

I'll bet half of your force didn't hit anything with their bombs..... because there wasn't anything left to hit.

I'll bet 1/6th of your force didn't get any kills........................ ....because there wasn't anything left to kill.

So, more than half your force flew "that extra distance for altitude" to do nothing  :rolleyes:  WOW !!! what fun !

Its too bad that those of you flying in the horde limit your game experience to only steam rolling bases. Your missing out on many other challenges, dogfighting, defending bomber formations, co-ordinated attacks, strategic missions.

I understand "being part of something" has its thrill/reward, but look at it this way, ANY group of 40 guys can take a base. How much better/rewarding would it be to capture 3 bases at once? Its not something that's done all the time....tho it could be if we really had any planners <--- challenge , the gauntlet has been thrown!

I'm mad, I didnt make it in the picture. :mad: :furious

If you look to the lower left P47 there are a few dots there too. You were one of those dots and chewed up my 38 less than a minute after this picture. You didn't get the kill as avoiding one guy isn't to hard, It was one of the 6 P47s that caught me a minute or so later that did  :D