Author Topic: Aces High vs Targetware  (Read 3931 times)

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Re: Aces High vs Targetware
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »
Eagl the comparison started (tho I'll agree the OP isn't thoroughly impartial) with "Stiglr" in the AC forum.  Apparently he's been at it for 10 years.

It's still silly.  Stiglr didn't post here, so...?
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 01:52:06 PM »
Just so you knew the context.  This was in GD originally.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 02:49:29 PM »
Eagl, It was my opinion. Nothing more. If you dont agree with it fine. Perhaps I think your opinion is off.  I didnt request you to like it, and by no means was I grumpy, like your are sir.  But thanks for your input. Have a great day.

What did you expect, starting a thread trashing a player-created game that isn't making anyone any money?

If you had a real opinion in there, other than just talking crap about a game you haven't contributed to, it's well hidden.  Your post was in pretty poor taste.  If you wanted to do a real comparison, you could have easily done so.  But you acted the boor and now you're complaining that someone called you on your poor behavior.  At least you're consistent.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 02:50:33 PM »
Just so you knew the context.  This was in GD originally.

Sure.  It was still a pretty boorish post.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 02:58:54 PM »
I won't argue that one..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 03:07:30 PM »
There were a couple of buildings but nothing spectacular.   Lets check out the exterior of the 51.   Wow.  AH must have all the talented skinners and “coadrs”. This is poo!
I have to disagree.... among the AHII 3D models the AH P51 looks particularly poor, worse than the one pictured at least.... and especially considering that that skin looks to be pretty low resolution, it looks superb.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 03:43:57 PM »
What a nice thread filled with... people... who think they know how and what these simulated planes actually should behave like. It would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 04:00:08 PM »
Yeah.  Planes don't need vertical stabs.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 04:20:44 PM »
Some planes can fly with much or all of the vert stab gone. It depends on how much yaw stability the fuselage itself provides. And if I'm not mistaken the Il-2 damage model doesn't show the whole stab gone, just most of it.

This B-25 made it home with most of its vert stabs gone.

Even if the entire vert stab is blown off control can be maintained if the damaged structure creates additional drag. Added drag on the tail is a stabilizing force.

This one made it too.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:22:54 PM by Die Hard »
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 04:34:39 PM »
Take off the vstab on the C205, 202, and Ta 152H.  See for yourself.  I had a P63 maneuver with my 109K4 (flat and rolling scissors) after I took off its vert stab (and put another tater mid fuselage too).
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 05:33:26 PM »
I don't think you did "take off" the vert stab since I don't think Il-2 models the vert stab as completely gone, just some of it (reducing stability). You have to shoot the entire tail section off to get all of the vert stab. AH is very uncompromising in their damage model; it's there or it's gone. Il2, not so much.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 05:38:20 PM by Die Hard »

-Gandhi

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2009, 05:52:05 PM »
Time code 2:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqiXvUsLYwg

As you can see on this Dora the vert stab is not completely gone.

-Gandhi

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2009, 06:01:28 PM »
Time code 3:56 too.

-Gandhi

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2009, 08:12:08 PM »
While we're on the subject of other sims, I was wondering:

How does WW2OL compare to AH? From what I've gathered reading about it, WW2OL seems to be more historically accurate/themed, revolves around teamwork more (as a pre-requisite, rather than AH where you can have extraordinary teamwork, but it is ad hoc), but the ACM seems more boring (more noobs upping in planes).

I may check it out - seems like the primary competitor to AH, if you can call it that.
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 08:28:21 PM »
While we're on the subject of other sims, I was wondering:

How does WW2OL compare to AH? From what I've gathered reading about it, WW2OL seems to be more historically accurate/themed, revolves around teamwork more (as a pre-requisite, rather than AH where you can have extraordinary teamwork, but it is ad hoc), but the ACM seems more boring (more noobs upping in planes).

I may check it out - seems like the primary competitor to AH, if you can call it that.
From what I understand, the air war in WW2OL is like the ground war in Aces High.