Author Topic: Zone system.  (Read 18099 times)

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Zone system.
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2009, 01:51:30 PM »
"would be nice to starve a country of fuel rather than kill em all"

I believe this was possible back in the early days of AH. The strategically-aware recreated the 'Oil Plan' that reduced Germany's oil supply to a trickle by late 1944 by bombing the hell out of the refineries and airfield fuel supplies; the furballers screamed in frustration when they discovered their favourite airfields had no fuel so they couldn't resurrect, fuel up and take off instantly, and some cancelled their subscriptions; HT mollified the furballers by making it impossible to drop the fuel available at any airfield to zero; the strategic element of AH suffered and the furballers were ecstatic.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, HT.

:cool:
Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2009, 04:56:33 PM »
You are incorect. You could never drop it to 0, only 25. We did make a change to increase the min.

But the change was made not for furballing. The strat system has always been designed to limit the countries offense, not shut them down from defending.

That is why the change was made, because after the move of the towns, the short fuel load started removing the ability to fight, and with out fighting the game is not fun.

HiTech

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »
...with out fighting the game is not fun.

Unfortunately, that seems to be becoming a minority opinion these days!

Regards,

Hammer

Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline 2DIE4_420TH

• Zinc Member
      • The Wolfpack 71st
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »
I see reading through the threads that some guys don't like flying for an hour to the target and back. I say they are not bomber pilots and should fly fighters. Is the reward of hitting your target after flying over 5 0r 8 enemy bases and shooting down 2 fighters greater than hurrying to the target and getting your points? I say yes!!! I say give the bombers a real role in the game, rather than just taking down hangers at 10,000 ft or less. That's why there are medium bombers. Not all air battles were at the front lines.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2009, 11:46:05 PM »
Medium bombers were at the front mostly. Heavy bombers were the strat killers. Extremely heavy bombers were only used against Japan and even they did better at lower altitudes.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 2DIE4_420TH

• Zinc Member
      • The Wolfpack 71st
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2009, 06:38:29 PM »
So at this point in time, what does bombing the strats do for the game. Come on you got to give me some kind of joy here !