Author Topic: loss of zoom toggle  (Read 417 times)

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
loss of zoom toggle
« on: September 11, 2009, 07:45:30 AM »
lately I have been losing control of zoom toggle, both on joystick and keyboard.Been trying to remember to check it before flight but often forget.The only way I have been able to fix it is to log off. All other functions seem to be working fine when this happens. Any ideas?

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: loss of zoom toggle
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »
Try mapping to another key. Theres a lot of commands you never use so just disable somthing and map zoom to a different key.

Key mapping can get touchy somtimes. To this day I cant map a lot of 2 stroke commands in Saitek SSt. Or, it will map in one mode but not in another.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 02:55:54 PM »
I can try that but seems funny it does it on my joystick and keyboard at the same time. Again it's not all the time just maybe 2 to 3 times a week. Just seems to be at the worst time when I realize it like going to bombsite.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »
Maybe you have a sticky button. I held down the my stick button for zoom and then used the key command and it still worked. And vice versa. But I cannot say yours operates the same way. Especialy if you use a manufacturers configuration app???
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 04:13:23 PM »
Mapping keys on a keyboard is frought with headaches. Really its a testiment to the good code writers at AH that their commands map so nicely, and usually without any problems. Mapping with 3rd party software, like SST, can boggle your mind. It tooks me weeks to get mine straight.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 01:20:03 AM »
Mapping keys on a keyboard is frought with headaches. Really its a testiment to the good code writers at AH that their commands map so nicely, and usually without any problems. Mapping with 3rd party software, like SST, can boggle your mind. It tooks me weeks to get mine straight.

I find the interface for key mapping pretty bad. It never detects the key I press, and doesn't support foreign keyboards. You have to make the foreign keyboard to US keyboard translation manually  :frown: Choose the function, click the key on the pseudo keyboard, apply, and pray you did the conversion right. Reminds me my Atari ST games. I wish AH supported foreign characters also !

On topic, when you toggle zoom mode, you toggle the point of view angle right ? if you zoom out at maximum while having zoom mode activated, your POV angle will be the same with zoom on and off, leading you to believe that the zoom isn't working. Try zooming in both modes, just a hint. I hope I have been clear  :salute
now posting as SirNuke