Author Topic: tank round training and round effectiveness  (Read 1056 times)

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
tank round training and round effectiveness
« on: September 16, 2009, 05:31:37 AM »
Is there a 3d model of the vehicles that shows the best places to hit a particular vehicle with a particular type of ammo?  It seems as of late my efforts to blow gv's up doesn't work.

Is there one of the trees as well?  Seems like during certain engagements tanks can shoot through the trees and I can't.  Yes I have film of this.

The other night I loaded an m3 full of 37 mm and nothing happened to it at all.  There were at least 6 and as many as 8 37mm hits on one of the passes starting at the back and moving forward to the engine.  

Shot another m3 point blank in the forward glass with my pintle gun and nothing happened.  Was the forward glass armored?

Certain tank engagements my rounds go straight through tanks and nothing happens to them.  Yes I have film of this too.  

In short I just want to know without a shadow of a doubt that if I put this round through this spot on this GV it dies.  If I miss I miss.  This would stop alot of the whines and cheat accusations.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 06:41:47 AM by ToeTag »
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: tank round training and round effectiveness
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 06:38:54 AM »
Is there one of the trees as well?  Seems like during certain engagements tanks can shoot through the trees and I can't.  

Something you always have to remember:
What you see on your screen is not necessarily what your enemy sees on his screen. This is particularly true for the flight path of shells. Your own shells flight is accurately rendered in detail on your screeen, your enemy's (end everyone else's) is not. It's merely an approximation. Next time you see an enemy (wirbel or any other GV) taking down a town, watch his shells: Often they seem to go right through the town hitting the ground behind it, yet the buildings still explode. And that's the reason while it can seem the enemy is shooting through the ridge of the hill you are hiding behind, when hes actually lobbing his shells right over it.

In short I just want to know without a shadow of a doubt that if I put this round throught this spot on this GV it dies.  
In real world this doesn't always work this way either. Of course there a spots that are more or less vulnerable, but even then kills are rarely guaranteed. Distance, shell angle of arrival, the enemy tanks angle relative to you and a few other parameters that you can almost sum up as "luck"...

That being said, M3's in AH seem to be made out of a lightweight ultra-tech armor with an amazing protection factor  :lol
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 06:46:25 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 06:42:50 AM »
I have watched the film and the rounds are passing through the trees.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 06:44:14 AM »
I have watched the film and the rounds are passing through the trees.

Your or his rounds?

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 06:52:22 AM »
His.  If this is a rendering issue then what good is it to film the sortie?  Seems like filming is pointless if it is inaccurate.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 07:02:28 AM »
His.  If this is a rendering issue then what good is it to film the sortie?  Seems like filming is pointless if it is inaccurate.

The film is accurate - because it is accurately showing what happend on your screen. It's showing exactly what is happening on your side if the computer. You could take your argument even further and say "Playing AH is pointless, because what I see is not what my enemy is seeing."

In this context, I routinely point to How Lag Affects Aces High on the Training Corps Website
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:04:53 AM by Lusche »

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 07:32:08 AM »
the rounds passing thru the trees is that from your perspective?  Did you click on the other players tank and look at it from his perspective?

Actually you click on the players name on the right side of film viewer.

Hope this helps  <S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 07:40:12 AM »
Did you click on the other players tank and look at it from his perspective?
Actually you click on the players name on the right side of film viewer.

This is a big, but common misconception about the films: You can not see the things from the other players perspective.
You can move your point of view to that tank, but it's still only showing things as they happened on your screen.
You still can not see what happened on the other player's screen, you will not be able to "watch with his eyes". For this, you would need to see his film.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 12:54:59 PM »
This is a big, but common misconception about the films: You can not see the things from the other players perspective.
You can move your point of view to that tank, but it's still only showing things as they happened on your screen.
You still can not see what happened on the other player's screen, you will not be able to "watch with his eyes". For this, you would need to see his film.

Yes you will need his film to know for sure what he was seeing on his end.

Most all discrepancies can  be explained through lag.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 02:55:56 PM »
GV ordnance, damage and collision modeling is AH are funky. there's no indication HT is going to rectify. sposed to be and airplane game anyway. i just roll with it.
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 03:18:22 PM »
collision modeling is (...) funky

It absolutely isn't. It just seems to be so only for those that haven't yet understood how & why it's modeled the way it is.

Again, see Understanding Lag and its Effects on Aces High

If someone still has any trouble with it, feel free to post your quetions here in Help & Training.

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 06:09:20 PM »
the GV collisions i'm talking about are when bumping into a hedgerow flips over a tank or sends it into endless oscillations, amongst other funky occurences. those aren't lag issues.
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 12:26:08 PM »
the GV collisions i'm talking about are when bumping into a hedgerow flips over a tank or sends it into endless oscillations, amongst other funky occurences. those aren't lag issues.
That actually happened historically.  :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)