Author Topic: Man, I cannot make a video  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Man, I cannot make a video
« on: September 16, 2009, 03:01:01 PM »
I struggled all day to make a short video and it just came out horrible.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Re: Man, I cannot make a video
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 03:36:51 PM »
What exactly are you doing? what programs are you using? Are you trying to post the raw AH film viewer segment or make an actual movie?

This is what I do when I make a film:

1) Open up the original in-game film with AH film viewer
2) use FRAPS to basicly re-record the original film to show whatever camera angle, position, or segment that you want. FRAPS is a free download program that shows you your frame rate and records gaming footage.
3) open up Windows Movie Maker. This is where you can upload music, add graphics, and arrange the FRAPS footage any way you want it.
4) when you finish, save the movie to "my computer". This will allow you to open it up and view your film in Windows Media Player if it set as your default film viewer.
5) upload your film to a file hosting site such as mediafire.com, and post the link on the forums here for the rest of us to watch.

Good Luck. it may be frustrating to get the hang of, but is very fun to create and design.

Here is the link to a movie I made about a year ago following these steps.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gwm32ywmyzz
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 03:39:52 PM »
What exactly are you doing? what programs are you using? Are you trying to post the raw AH film viewer segment or make an actual movie?

This is what I do when I make a film:

1) Open up the original in-game film with AH film viewer
2) use FRAPS to basicly re-record the original film to show whatever camera angle, position, or segment that you want. FRAPS is a free download program that shows you your frame rate and records gaming footage.
3) open up Windows Movie Maker. This is where you can upload music, add graphics, and arrange the FRAPS footage any way you want it.
4) when you finish, save the movie to "my computer". This will allow you to open it up and view your film in Windows Media Player if it set as your default film viewer.
5) upload your film to a file hosting site such as mediafire.com, and post the link on the forums here for the rest of us to watch.

Good Luck. it may be frustrating to get the hang of, but is very fun to create and design.

Here is the link to a movie I made about a year ago following these steps.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gwm32ywmyzz

I've been trying to use snagit. I tried windows movie maker as well. It comes out pixilated, really bad. Do you save as avi first. I've tried that. It gives me an error message when I click full screen. Doesn't fraps only record in 30 second clips?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 04:00:09 PM »
It shouldn't Get back.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 04:00:22 PM »
Allright if your going to do it like that, try this:

1) open up the film you want in AH film viewer.
2) At the beginning of your desired scene, click on "start select". At the end of the scene click "end select"
3) repeat this for all of the scenes you want.
4) click "append films", this is where you can select the scenes that you have just made and splice them to create one whole film.
5) I dont think I had to save it as AVI this way. when you append the films you save the "new film" and thats all you have to do. go to "open file" and it should be there at the end of your list.

As far as the pixelation problem, do you have any background tasks running? AH film viewer is pretty negative towards other tasks running, causing it to frequently freeze up or crash all together.

heres the link to a film I put together doing it this way.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?o5e4vwon3dn
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 04:39:15 PM »
I struggled all day to make a short video and it just came out horrible.
Depending on the shots, most shots are less than 30 seconds anyways. I'd stick with fraps, and use WMM. Look up my movie making tutorial.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 04:39:35 PM »
I've been trying to use snagit. I tried windows movie maker as well. It comes out pixilated, really bad. Do you save as avi first. I've tried that. It gives me an error message when I click full screen. Doesn't fraps only record in 30 second clips?

Pixalated is because you're more than likely using a poor Codec/Bitrate settings when putting the movie together.  I'm not familiar with using either program as I use mainly Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere.  You'll have to tell me what settings you're using in order for me to help.

Fraps can record longer than 30 seconds in a clip, but it turns everything past the 30 second mark to black and white.  But rarely do I have sustained footage that is 30 seconds in length, its generally a new scene.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
The free Fraps records 30 seconds with a watermark at the top.  The registered Fraps will record until your HD is full (in 2gb or 4gb chunks depending on OS).

My first movie (only real movie, actually) was put together in the AH film viewer, each scene rendered to AVI in the AH film viewer, and strung together with WMM.  Now I've got a nice machine and will make something with Fraps footage mixed in with AH film viewer footage and rendered in Adobe Premiere (when I get time and feel the need for a break from flying).
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Dimebag

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »
Depending on the shots, most shots are less than 30 seconds anyways. I'd stick with fraps, and use WMM. Look up my movie making tutorial.

could you post a link to this please sir
Dimebag
CO of the Black Tooth Grin
Black Attack!!!

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 06:47:07 PM »
Here you go sir:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,246561.0.html

This is just how to get your shots from the film viewer to WMM. If you're looking for better shots, look up AHCAMTUT.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 08:47:29 PM »
Ive been wanting to make a move too the only problem is....well...my Windows Movie Maker dont work :frown:

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 08:53:03 PM »
Ive been wanting to make a move too the only problem is....well...my Windows Movie Maker dont work :frown:

Sony Vegas

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 09:57:11 PM »
Sony Vegas
its not free though is it im not wanting to pay for a movie editer really

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 10:43:44 PM »
its not free though is it im not wanting to pay for a movie editer really
You're pretty much going to get what you pay for.  Free editor apps are fairly limited in what they can do.  Vegas at least has a 30 day free trial.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 11:28:04 PM »
Paying for FRAPS will give you more recording time and it comes in handy for other things. The only problem I have with it is that it doesnt record my voice and I cant figure out why.

WMM will work just fine if you set the output properly but it can be prone to crashing. I use the DVD widescreen output and it publishes to youtube in HD. I dont have the patience with the film viewer to set up shots though.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.