Author Topic: Japanese Navy  (Read 4109 times)

Offline RaptorL

• Copper Member
Japanese Navy
« on: September 18, 2009, 10:01:38 AM »
I think its time we added a little flavor to the Navy ship list of the game. http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm http://www.geocities.com/jwarship/Welcome.html These Link will give the details of the ships specifications for Carieer's Cruisers, and Destroyers. Adding in these new ships to the game will change fso experience in the Pacific Theater and will add more realism to the game. the links i posted have an entire variety of ship models to choose from to be the standard ships for the Japanese fleet. I also thought we can put them into normal game arena's. Each port will spawn a random CV group every time the CV  has been destroyed and respawned at its port. This will give an interesting mix in game play. Comment on my post and tell me what you think.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
Re: Japanese Navy
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 10:29:12 AM »
Be prepared for an onslaught of grammar nazis.  Also, someone will inevitably comment on your low number of posts, because clearly time on forums = time in game.   :rolleyes:

Anyway regarding the idea itself, I'm just wondering in what way would this change the game?  As it stands now you can launch both US and IN planes from CV groups.  LVTs and PT boats are all American, I believe.  (Don't quote me on that though)  While I agree FSO potential may be there, I don't see how this would improve or change anything in the MAs, which is where most of the player game time is spent.  I do not think it is a bad idea, I'm just not sure if it would be worth the time needed to implement the change.  

Offline RaptorL

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 10:46:51 AM »
You may be right but i figured having different Carrier groups fighting against each other would spice things up. one group would have more fire power than the other or better armor than the other, but it doesn't mean their aiming would be better than the other cv group. That depends on how good the gunners are. Anyway this would make some cv battles lop sided in close battles having the ships fight from a far distance maybe with only cv fighter, and bombers. Also Ive  been playing the game for about 2 years and i haven't really had an idea i be committed to to post on the forum.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 11:06:16 AM »
"Our" navy is just fine. 

No need to model 2nd class ships in it. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 11:11:49 AM »
dont listen to druski he only has 525 posts.  :devil

TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RaptorL

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 12:26:37 PM »
"Our" navy is just fine. 

No need to model 2nd class ships in it.
LLogann if I'm not mistaken, this game is supost be as realistic as possible, and have historical accuracy. Having other planes tanks, and ships substitute for what was actually used in that time period isn't what i call fine.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 12:44:17 PM »
dont listen to druski he only has 525 posts.  :devil

:rofl

Well played sir

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 02:40:54 PM »
LLogann if I'm not mistaken, this game is supost be as realistic as possible, and have historical accuracy. Having other planes tanks, and ships substitute for what was actually used in that time period isn't what i call fine.

I actually like where your going with this, in the sense of having different kinds of fleets for EW, MW, and LW. If I'm understanding you right we would see ships that saw action in '39 - 41' in EW. Ships that saw action in 41' - 43' in MW, and so on and forth.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline RaptorL

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 03:31:56 PM »
I actually like where your going with this, in the sense of having different kinds of fleets for EW, MW, and LW. If I'm understanding you right we would see ships that saw action in '39 - 41' in EW. Ships that saw action in 41' - 43' in MW, and so on and forth.

Exactly AirFlyer. That is also my idea. In each EW, MW, and LW we would have each port of every country spawn a random Carrier group for those countries. And in FSO we would have a better accuracy in the historical aspect of the game play.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 09:29:57 PM »
I'm not exactly sure about having various countries task-groups in a single MA, just due to what might occur with balance issues. Although it would be neat, you need to keep fair game-play in mind too, although I'm sure in special events this would be great. What I really mean is having task groups that were significant during the time of war that the arena represents.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 09:38:53 PM »
But as with other bases ingame, there are no country markings, either AH or RL countries.  That is really the thing.  I suppose it could be said the cv is rather American looking though...................... :uhoh

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 01:10:06 AM »
I believe our current CV is modeled after the Enterprise, don't quote me on it though.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 02:45:25 AM »
you can have all the navies you want, but one of us dweebs will just sink it with one b26, run  :rock :rock :rock.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 07:57:31 AM »
I think its time we added a little flavor to the Navy ship list of the game. http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm http://www.geocities.com/jwarship/Welcome.html These Link will give the details of the ships specifications for Carieer's Cruisers, and Destroyers. Adding in these new ships to the game will change fso experience in the Pacific Theater and will add more realism to the game. the links i posted have an entire variety of ship models to choose from to be the standard ships for the Japanese fleet. I also thought we can put them into normal game arena's. Each port will spawn a random CV group every time the CV  has been destroyed and respawned at its port. This will give an interesting mix in game play. Comment on my post and tell me what you think.
:aok

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 10:38:30 AM »
Its an Essex class CV in game... Would enjoy some new scenery in my bombsite tho!!!!
Just for that reason alone, I give a :aok !!!

RC

"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"