Author Topic: Wirbelwind is no longer any fun...  (Read 26281 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Wirbelwind is no longer any fun...
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 03:27:47 PM »
No wind... no freezing cold... nothing but simple calibration.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 03:43:36 PM »
No wind is exactly right, so far as I'm concerned, there should be wind on every map, in every arena, and speed and direction should be changing at least daily. As for 4 engined bombers bombing the CV, in real life do ya think they would have made it through the ack @ 3k - 5k ?   I gotta believ the answer is " probably not"

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 04:01:01 PM »
It would be nice to have 5" with contact fuse shells....

Would bring the 5" back in to some of the early time-period scenarios perhaps?

I think the HE 5" shell hitting a plane would just about be the same. The blast radius is still there.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 07:31:54 PM »
no matter how good the gunner now........any and all wirbs are insta-dead now with two planes simply coordinating an attack from opposite sides...

ya wanna make it realistic?  allow us to jump out and away when we hear...but can no longer shoot at.......the plane coming behind us.

real bad move folks... real bad.  two thumbs down.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 07:35:54 PM »
No matter what you do, people will ALWAYS find something to gripe about.  #S# HTC.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009, 07:45:44 PM »
No one every hit a capital ship with four engined bombers, almost all hits were dive bombers and torps.

Tirpitz?

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 07:46:15 PM »
No matter what you do, people will ALWAYS find something to gripe about.  #S# HTC.

they can live with that I'm sure.....but as I said on another thead......it may very well cost them new customers.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 08:00:48 PM »
no matter how good the gunner now........any and all wirbs are insta-dead now with two planes simply coordinating an attack from opposite sides...

ya wanna make it realistic?  allow us to jump out and away when we hear...but can no longer shoot at.......the plane coming behind us.

real bad move folks... real bad.  two thumbs down.

The attackers aren't supposed to use tactics do defeat a mobile AA threat?  The attackers only supposed to attack one at a time, from the same direction, and preferably in a conga line to make it easier to shoot them down? 

Your complaint is pretty much the same as those that cry about planes bombing their tanks.  The only worth your complaint has is the humor factor when you whine about the changes.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 08:31:04 PM »
they can live with that I'm sure.....but as I said on another thead......it may very well cost them new customers.

:rofl No one comes to a flight game to drive vehicles. Usually they find they have troubles in planes so they move to vehicles.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 09:02:26 PM »
:rofl No one comes to a flight game to drive vehicles. Usually they find they have troubles in planes so they move to vehicles.
ooorrrrrr......

they have a problem with something that may prevent them from effectively flying a fighter.........like......dar e i mention?

an infected toe(que horror/comedy echo now)
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 09:08:28 PM »
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 09:59:25 PM »
Topic says "Wirbies" and Banshee7 comes in to orally clean HT  exit chamber,, ack-ack.. back to mid-war and "grab-up". Start another topic if you wanna "whine bash" ..Slower turret,, yes... tin foil turret,, yup..i  personally think they should make the turret a little tuffer. Spixteen can still merge a plane doing 350 or better,,reverse and catch it within 60 seconds,, we realllyyy wanna talk modeling here?

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 10:08:45 PM »
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 10:26:22 PM »
Spixteen can still merge a plane doing 350 or better,,reverse and catch it within 60 seconds,, we realllyyy wanna talk modeling here?

SSSHHHHH........ these girls dont want to hear any mention of nerfing a plane......... they need the gv to be easy mode kills to help their SCORES.........

they will sit all day long and tell you about historical modeling and realism until you make a change on any plane let alone the spixteen......... then its whine whine whine

I give up...... and yes ladies in the other thread too even though you are wrong........... let them nerf the GV game and think AH is all about the sky............ then tell us later about numbers
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2009, 12:20:08 AM »
Topic says "Wirbies" and Banshee7 comes in to orally clean HT  exit chamber,, ack-ack.. back to mid-war and "grab-up". Start another topic if you wanna "whine bash" ..Slower turret,, yes... tin foil turret,, yup..i  personally think they should make the turret a little tuffer. Spixteen can still merge a plane doing 350 or better,,reverse and catch it within 60 seconds,, we realllyyy wanna talk modeling here?

Prove that there is a problem with the Spitfire Mk XVI's modeling with some film in game showing what you claim it can do and real life flight data.  This way we can see if what you say is true or just an example of another player of mediocre skill and ability crying about the Spitfire.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song