Author Topic: Wirbelwind is no longer any fun...  (Read 26286 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Wirbelwind is no longer any fun...
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2009, 12:25:45 AM »
Topic says "Wirbies" and Banshee7 comes in to orally clean HT  exit chamber,, ack-ack.. back to mid-war and "grab-up". Start another topic if you wanna "whine bash" ..Slower turret,, yes... tin foil turret,, yup..i  personally think they should make the turret a little tuffer. Spixteen can still merge a plane doing 350 or better,,reverse and catch it within 60 seconds,, we realllyyy wanna talk modeling here?
go to the ta, and find snaphook.

he'll merge with you, in any plane, and do just what you described.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2009, 12:26:29 AM »
Prove that there is a problem with the Spitfire Mk XVI's modeling with some film in game showing what you claim it can do and real life flight data.  This way we can see if what you say is true or just an example of another player of mediocre skill and ability crying about the Spitfire.

ack-ack

first mediocre skill is something you should know very much about......... dont bring your inadequecies to the boards

second no proof is needed for you........ as I can simply scroll through your posts and find accounts of you yourself stating the spixteen is overmodeled as with many others on the historical accuracy bandwagon..........

its only important when you dont have a horse in the race I guess
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2009, 01:40:40 AM »
first mediocre skill is something you should know very much about......... dont bring your inadequecies to the boards

Oh please, don't even try and go there.  There is not a fighter in this game that you can even remotely stand a chance against me in 1v1.  I will be more than happy to show you my *snicker* mediocre skills if you like.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2009, 05:21:56 AM »
Tirpitz?

Level 4 engine bombers never sank a "Moving" capital ship. Tirpitz was at
anchor when it was bombed, and it took a few trips for them to sink it still.

The Tirpitz was ready for action again in the Spring of 1944 and once again she represented a real danger to Allied shipping. On April 2nd, a carrier-based plane attack was launched on the Tirpitz that was anchored in Altenfjord. The first strike had complete surprise and the ship was badly damaged. 122 crew were killed and 316 were injured. Major damage was only averted by the fact that a 1,600 lb bomb was dropped from a low altitude and failed to penetrate the armoured deck of the Tirpitz  The attack disabled the Tirpitz for three months.

The Fleet Air Arm continued its attacks but the Tirpitz was invariably saved by bad weather. On August 22nd, 1944, in yet another raid, a 1,600 lb bomb did penetrate 8 decks but failed to explode. The Germans later found that it had only been half-filled with explosives rendering it redundant.

On September 15th, the Tirpitz was attacked by Lancaster bombers. One bomb hit her and peeled back her deck. She was now no longer seaworthy and it was decided to send the ship to be anchored off of Haakoy Island, three miles from Tromsö where she would operate as a floating fortress. On November 12th, 1944, the Tirpitz was attacked by 29 Lancaster's - including some from 617 Dambuster Squadron. Flying at 14,000 feet, their new Mark XIV bombsight gave them an excellent target to aim at. 'Blockbuster' bombs ripped into the ship and a 100 feet hole was ripped open. Her magazines exploded and the Tirpitz rolled over trapping over 1000 men in her as she turned turtle. A few - 80 men - managed to get to the bottom of the hull where a hole was cut through it and the men escaped. Many others were not so lucky.

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2009, 07:07:06 AM »
Oh please, don't even try and go there.  There is not a fighter in this game that you can even remotely stand a chance against me in 1v1.  I will be more than happy to show you my *snicker* mediocre skills if you like.

ack-ack

I believe I'll bet heavily on AA on this one!    :rock
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2009, 07:09:28 AM »
Oh please, don't even try and go there.  There is not a fighter in this game that you can even remotely stand a chance against me in 1v1.  I will be more than happy to show you my *snicker* mediocre skills if you like.

ack-ack

Can your head fit between a normal sized door?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:14:00 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2009, 07:54:55 AM »
Level 4 engine bombers never sank a "Moving" capital ship. Tirpitz was at
anchor when it was bombed, and it took a few trips for them to sink it still

i think they originally said no 4 engine bombers never sank a capital ship. i don't think "moving" was mentioned.

as for us doing it ingame? well, it is quite different.

first off, we get many many tries. we can go into hte training arena, and practice all night till he figure out how to hit it. i don't think the real life guys got to do that?

secondly, in real life, they had lookouts on pretty much every ship in every fleet(to the best of my knowledge). so there was never a group just steaming straight ahead when the ordinance was dropped.
 in the game, very often, when a ship is sunk this way, it's due to the fact that no one is watching, and therefore, the buff drivers drop on a slow moving target, traveling in a straight line.
 if it's not that, then it's the person in command of it, trying to play "cat and mouse" with the bombers....trying to wait till the last possible moment to turn, in their attempt to make the buffs miss. they all seem to forget that the ship cannot turn instantly, and they often do it too late.
 for some reason, it seems that no one thinks that evasive maneuvers at first sight of the bombers is a good idea.  then when the cv gets sunk, the cheating accusations generally start.

it's great, the way htc has done their best to model things so accurately in this sim/game/addiction. things like lancstukas are going to happen, because the playerbase is going to experiment in ways that the guys in real life couldn't.
 this is irrelevant though.(the lankstuka thing). they do the best they can. we can't start asking them to find a way to prevent certain things.....such as those things that annoy us(and we all know one that a LOT have asked to have turned off), as something like that would snowball. it'd be like nascar. no longer a race, so much as a 200 mph traffic jam.

the most important thing here, is to take what is in here and make the best of it. they try to make things accurate.
 stop comparing real life to this sim/game/addiction for anything other than the tribute to the real life guys. when ya log in, adapt. if the turrets on the wirbels are/were too fast, then adapt when attacking. now that they've slowed em down......adapt.
 just come in the arenas, and have some fun.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »
Topic says "Wirbies" and Banshee7 comes in to orally clean HT  exit chamber,, ack-ack.. back to mid-war and "grab-up". Start another topic if you wanna "whine bash" ..Slower turret,, yes... tin foil turret,, yup..i  personally think they should make the turret a little tuffer. Spixteen can still merge a plane doing 350 or better,,reverse and catch it within 60 seconds,, we realllyyy wanna talk modeling here?

I'd say modeling is pretty accurate. You can't model users. Spixteen is little threat by itself.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2009, 08:43:17 AM »
Can your head fit between a normal sized door?

Must be contagious:

Quote from Kazaa, May 08 2009 - "I have the ability and knowledge to fly any plane better then you could possible dream of."

:P

Wtg HTC on the UberWind.  :aok
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2009, 08:48:19 AM »
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2009, 08:51:54 AM »
question.....Did the whirbel have to re load at all?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »
question.....Did the whirbel have to re load at all?

Constantly. The Flakvierling is using 20 shot magazines. 16 magazines were usually carried in the turret for quick reloading, the rest were stored in the body
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2009, 09:03:27 AM »
So should we possibly have pauses in the firing

Oh and the il2 needs to be nerfed
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2009, 09:09:59 AM »
So should we possibly have pauses in the firing

Yes, but this is not an "issue" limited to the Wirbel. Unlike the rotation speed, it's more like a general game design descision - time for swapping magzines (or changing ammo type) or similar stuff is not implemented in Aces High at all. Of you would introduce it for the Wirbel, you would have to code the whole thing for all weapons. I don't see such a major  change coming in the near future yet

Oh and the il2 needs to be nerfed

Why does it "need" and more important - how? You have any data about it?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2009, 11:26:30 AM »
Must be contagious:

Quote from Kazaa, May 08 2009 - "I have the ability and knowledge to fly any plane better then you could possible dream of."

:P

Wtg HTC on the UberWind.  :aok

Ouch!

Hypocrisy is a biatch!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||