Author Topic: 2.15 p1 Range Vox  (Read 870 times)

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
2.15 p1 Range Vox
« on: September 19, 2009, 06:47:04 AM »
In both version 2.15 and now Patch 1 as well, there seems to be a VOX range glitch.  Looking at the attached image you can see my plane leaving A199 and over a sector away you can see a squadmate (white square), talking on range, over A205 and I can hear him, on range VOX.  As the night progressed it turns out that quite a few countrymen were able to hear various JokersJokers squad members (only it seems) on range from quite some distance away.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:43:48 AM by Spite »

Offline Dustoff2

• Zinc Member
Re: 2.15 p1 Range Vox
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »
Just trying to troubleshoot this and isolate it.

One theory is that it is members that have joined a "Mission" and are transmitting further on range. I know the JJ's were running missions last night when our squad was hearing them on range over a sector away. Perhaps a place to start troubleshooting and see if it is limited to mission members or if it doesn't matter.

:salute
AKDust
Arabian Knights

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 12:49:37 PM »
At the time of the image, which I can't seem to get to show up, I was not in a mission.  Yes, we were running missions, but there were times we were not and we still had range vox from people well out of range.

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 08:25:34 PM »
It was the same on the rooks last night also, blue or orange didn't matter reached out to about 45 miles before you lost them.  You could even hear them from the tower.
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 12:45:11 AM »
Happened again tonight on Rooks. I took off out of A28 in LWB, and could hear Wolfala on range, who was engaged over A30. Several of us heard him even though we were a full sector away, but Wolfala could NOT hear us.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 05:31:57 PM »
 :O Been having same issues with this "ghost vox". I was over a sector and a half from away from some one who was talking on range. I thought they were within range and tried to talk to them and they would never answer. Thought they may have been P.O.'ed at me or just couldn't hear my vox, opened up clipboard map and seen they were way out of vox range. This has happened numerous times from a few individuals since ver 2.14 P8 or whatever the last ver 2.14 patch was.
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 07:25:10 AM »
In some cases, others that I can hear ... can't hear me. There are those however that I could carry a conversation with.  This glitch is sporadic, it doesn't happen all the time.  Didn't hear it all last night for example.

The original post of mine now properly displays the image I posted so that you can see the distances we're talking about here.

<S>
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 07:27:13 AM by Spite »

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 04:15:30 PM »
A new host was installed today that should fix this issue.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 06:59:51 PM »
Not sure when the fix is supposed to take effect, but right now it's still happening in the blue arena.

Just in case there's a problem.

<S>
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 08:20:23 PM »
8:19 pm cst still getting long vox

edit 8:58 pm cst  and it's very annoying!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:58:40 PM by hammer »
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Dustoff2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 09:41:41 PM »
8:19 pm cst still getting long vox

edit 8:58 pm cst  and it's very annoying!

yes, very annoying. I've narrowed it down to that you hear everyone that has taken off from the same air field you have taken off from. you can hear them 1 sector, 2 sectors, 3 sectors.....it doesn't matter.  :furious
AKDust
Arabian Knights

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 09:50:50 PM »
So it seems like range vox is reacting similar to range text, where everyone from the field you spawned will hear/see it.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 10:29:19 PM »
No just today people at the field I had spawned from could not hear me on range after they came from two sectors away but once I upped from the same field (two sectors away) they could hear me two sectors from them. That was about 5:30 pm central.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 10:38:23 PM »
That's what fuze means. Purple Range text is based on what field you upped from, no matterhow far you fly. If you take off from the same base as another, he can always read your purple text. It seems that range vox has been given that same attribute.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 11:09:14 PM »
Okay but it is also keeping them from hearing people near them that did not come from the same field.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.