Author Topic: strats, roads, trucks, and trains  (Read 310 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
strats, roads, trucks, and trains
« on: September 25, 2009, 11:15:36 AM »
With the new question of strats and what to be done with them maybe we can also look into the resupply trucks (right now they run at a speed of like, wicked fast)

Also might we have trains used more to resupply everything as apposed to just running a small run from point A to point B(the factory)
I always found it silly that you never see P47's attacking trains in MA. We all know why, A. the train runs just a few miles and the strat that they go to will flash even if you are NOE by the depot they spawn from. B.If the factory is at 100% your not killing anything but time.

Could there be more trains and tracks running to bases as well as strats be helpful in base supply and strat supply?

In an old flight Sim i played we had trains running past every field and if you took out the depot it would stop the flow of supply (or at least hinder it)  Might we have trains running sups every hour or so bring up a base full or by 50% (make your own suggestion here)

If we look into a new or revamped supply chain I would like to have More Trains and the convoys run at a normall speed (say 45-50MPH)

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
Re: strats, roads, trucks, and trains
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 01:16:46 PM »

Also might we have trains used more to resupply everything as apposed to just running a small run from point A to point B(the factory)
I always found it silly that you never see P47's attacking trains in MA. We all know why, A. the train runs just a few miles and the strat that they go to will flash even if you are NOE by the depot they spawn from. B.If the factory is at 100% your not killing anything but time.

c. The little @#$!! shoot back!!

+1.  More targets is always a good thing.
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Re: strats, roads, trucks, and trains
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 01:31:56 PM »
I've suggested many time tying trains and convoy to base supply status. Basically, if a base doesn't receive a convoy every x-minutes, decrease the bunker status by 25% (then another, and another, to a minumum 25% status).  Doing the same to a train running to a factory/refinery, barracks affects supply for the entire zone.  Or something like that.  Damaged base supply bunkers could only rebuild if convoys arrive in a timely fashion, too.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."