Author Topic: Your Favorite NFL Team......  (Read 28707 times)

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
Re: Your Favorite NFL Team......
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »
I live in Arizona, so...

AFC - Steelers fan since the late 70's.
NFC - Cardinals fan on and off since they came to Arizona.

The last Superbowl was a winner for me either way!

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2009, 09:53:45 PM »
What? 24 years is nothing on the mighty timeline of Da Bears... It's a mere blip. I can see why you, a fan of those Johnny-come-lately Stealers might be all "oooooh, we'd better run down that hill and screw one of those cows" but a Bears fan is more patient than that. We're going to walk down there and pork 'em all.

I completely understand your frustration at always coming up short after the bus ride to Soldier Field, Rev. I mean, who wouldn't be a little bit put out after losing 12 of 13 in that hallowed confine? Probably GSH is mocking Rooney in NFL heaven.

Meanwhile, I forgot to ask... Did Rover Burger beat the rap on that sexual assault charge? He should just claim insanity by virtue of 'roid rage. I'm not implying anything by restating that the Captain of the Steelers offense is a mutant raging miscreant. I'm just curious.  :D

:x :x :x..........your more of an idiot than I thought....since we Johnny come lately'z have been around since 1933, we dont get all gitty about one game we win, its about making it to the last game of the season, and we have 7 times,  ......you keep being patient and continue peeing on  that "hallowed" ground hoping one day it will sprout a Lombardi Trophy and we'll keep shining ours.....

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2009, 09:56:59 PM »
you aint scoring those points against this defense http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeexDrlNx5E   :rock :rock :rock check out the hit at 2:02 oh and the steelers getting owned  :rofl :rofl

yeah you :confused: Ravens fans :confused: said that last year .........and things didn t work out quite how ya planned now did it?  :cry :cry :cry

.....every year Ray gets a year older.....maybe someday the rest of his team will participate and get him a ring.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:05:46 PM by REVRAND »

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2009, 10:16:29 PM »
I come from a die hard Cleveland Browns family.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Phantomz

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2009, 10:52:29 PM »
Go Giants!  And the thing about all Arizona teams is when they are winning they fill the seats.. When they lose they might as well pack up and leave cause aint nobody watchin.
The Flying Circus

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2009, 11:19:34 PM »
Go Giants!  And the thing about all Arizona teams is when they are winning they fill the seats.. When they lose they might as well pack up and leave cause aint nobody watchin.

Win they lose they fill the seats....in Cowboys uniforms.  :aok

http://blogcritics.org/sports/article/arizona-cardinals-limit-number-of-cowboy/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:23:45 PM by DMBEAR »

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2009, 11:24:04 PM »
I dont have a favorite NFL team, but I do like the Bengals and the Colts.  :rock
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Phantomz

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2009, 12:46:41 AM »
I went to the Giants Cards game when it was held here last year it seemed to be about 50/50 with fans.
The Flying Circus

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2009, 06:10:31 AM »

yeah you :confused: Ravens fans :confused: said that last year .........and things didn t work out quite how ya planned now did it?  :cry :cry :cry

.....every year Ray gets a year older.....maybe someday the rest of his team will participate and get him a ring.
He has one :aok but wait whos 2-0 and whos 1-1.......oops :uhoh
I come from a die hard Cleveland Browns family.
dear lord Ranger I hate you now :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2009, 08:23:17 AM »
:x :x :x..........your more of an idiot than I thought....since we Johnny come lately'z have been around since 1933, we dont get all gitty about one game we win, its about making it to the last game of the season, and we have 7 times,  ......you keep being patient and continue peeing on  that "hallowed" ground hoping one day it will sprout a Lombardi Trophy and we'll keep shining ours.....

There's this thing called sarcasm. It's in this book called a dictionary.

You might want to look it up before you start slinging names.

So much for tongue-in-cheek. And you'll keep shining something, no doubt - given that very likely and with reading comprehension skills like that the only thing you have to shine comes to you second hand.

Otherwise, the whole argument is idiotic. Your guys went home losers Sunday and neither you nor I had much to do with it. This fact is compounded by the apparent reality that you don't even live in Pittsburgh - most likely meaning that you're a fair-weather fan anyway. At least I come by my admiration for the admittedly lackluster Bears honestly.

Besides the facts on the ground don't change: 1-12 at Soldier Field, 6'5" inebriated simian miscreant at the helm...

Keep yellin'. Your discomfort is palpable. There ain't gonna be a number 7 this year and that hurts when your self-esteem is the goo mopped up by that terrible yellow towel.  :lol

Here's a suggestion: Why not just claim to be a fan, next year, of whoever wins in February? That way, you'll always be the die-hard fan of a true champion, thus demonstrating something (doubtless unintended).

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:15:45 AM by PJ_Godzilla »
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »
There's this thing called sarcasm. It's in this book called a dictionary.

You might want to look it up before you start slinging names.

So much for tongue-in-cheek. And you'll keep shining something, no doubt - given that very likely and with reading comprehension skills like that the only thing you have to shine comes to you second hand.

Otherwise, the whole argument is idiotic. Your guys went home losers Sunday and neither you nor I had much to do with it. This fact is compounded by the apparent reality that you don't even live in Pittsburgh - most likely meaning that you're a fair-weather fan anyway. At least I come by my admiration for the admittedly lackluster Bears honestly.

Besides the facts on the ground don't change: 1-12 at Soldier Field, 6'5" inebriated simian miscreant at the helm...

Keep yellin'. Your discomfort is palpable. There ain't gonna be a number 7 this year and that hurts when your self-esteem is the goo mopped up by that terrible yellow towel.  :lol

Here's a suggestion: Why not just claim to be a fan, next year, of whoever wins in February? That way, you'll always be the die-hard fan of a true champion, thus demonstrating something (doubtless unintended).

Well McMahon fluffer....was born and raised in Latrobe, Pa. was weened on Rolling Rock wore Terrible towels as diapers for much of the 70 and 71 seasons, Parents went to Penn State with Franco Harris and Jack Ham and used to ride my bike to St. Vincents for training camp. No need to ride the Bad Wagon because I have Balck and Gold in the blood........nice try thou....and oohh as far as spelling Webster.....lets see if I can spell this right.....M A Y B E    N E X T   Y E A R   B E A R S....or the one after that   or the one after that    and so on.... :pray   keep hoping!   

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2009, 02:37:41 PM »
He has one :aok but wait whos 2-0 and whos 1-1.......oops :uhohdear lord Ranger I hate you now :D

:furious :furious, OK Junky I 'll give ya 2-0 but That hit on Sproles gave me flashbacks of ole' Jack Lambert......one of the best in the backfield, open tackles I have seen a many years.....F.Y.I..I hate Ranger too now.... :mad:  :x!!!!!!!     :salute

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2009, 02:47:45 PM »

Well McMahon fluffer....was born and raised in Latrobe, Pa. was weened on Rolling Rock wore Terrible towels as diapers for much of the 70 and 71 seasons, Parents went to Penn State with Franco Harris and Jack Ham and used to ride my bike to St. Vincents for training camp. No need to ride the Bad Wagon because I have Balck and Gold in the blood........nice try thou....and oohh as far as spelling Webster.....lets see if I can spell this right.....M A Y B E    N E X T   Y E A R   B E A R S....or the one after that   or the one after that    and so on.... :pray   keep hoping!   

Credentials accepted. You're kind of an NFL a-hole, which is not to say bad, albeit a legit one. I haven't given up on this year. We beat the chumps, er, champs, after all.

Franco Harris was a childhood idol - I watched the Immaculate Reception on TV, winning a bet against my Dad. However, Franco DID phone it in in his later years. JoPa and the boys from Pig Penn (one of whom was Matt Suhey) otoh? Not so good versus the Wolverines (double alma mater, along with a Pac10 school that hasn't won a Rose Bowl since '69).

Gloat on. The law of large numbers says: eventually all possible outcomes occur.  Meaning: Yes, they've had a good run. Enjoy it because it won't last.

Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2009, 02:51:56 PM »
And somebody in Denver who does trades ought to be shot.

Kyle Orton and some draft picks for Cutler and Knox? Which retard thought that would be a good trade? Orton doesn't even belong in the NFL. He's Bob Avellini without the ability to get hit in the head repeatedly with no apparent loss of skill, Bobby Douglass without the ability to chuck it aimlessly downfield 70 yards...