Author Topic: Your Favorite NFL Team......  (Read 26547 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Your Favorite NFL Team......
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2009, 11:02:33 AM »
Wooaahh PJ  .. be careful... you have inadvertently advised everyone you are in most likely your 6th decade of life.... lol....  Bobby Douglas didn't chuck it aimlessly downfield, he threw it 500 mph at every receiver .. even if the hapless bastage was 3 feet away from him.. that guy was a beast, and probably destroyed more receivers fingers than any QB in NFL history .. :)

And how many NFL teams can claim that their former place kicker is currently sitting on a State Supreme Court bench?
Da Bears

:aok

I was a mere child when Douglass played. I was in first grade or so. My Dad (RIP) and I used to watch Bears games, occasionally even making the drive (about an hour - we were far, far west) downtown. I saw Joe Willy late in his career there. We waited for him near the Jet's player's bus after the game. He came out - in a Ryder truck, and did NOT stop to give autographs. What the hell, he was washed up by then.

You're right about Douglass, of course. It is also true that that velocity, vectored properly, was convertible to some astounding distances. Too bad he had zero deep touch. I well remember him trying to connect with George Farmer. Rotsa Ruck.

By the time Avellini played, I was in high school. I used to call him the tortoise, for a variety of reasons. He had many attributes - an ability to duck and cover, an apparent imperviousness to lobotomizing blows to the head. Clearly, quickness (or competence, for that matter) was not one of those attributes.

As for Orton's odds in Denver: slim to none. The Bear's line isn't that bad. Hell, they made Rex Grossman look almost competent in '06 and there's even more fat meat up there now (Pace, Omiyale, and Shaffer). Orton is a brain-damaged retard, plain and simple, and will fail out no matter where he goes. He reminds me of someone once intelligent, now gone idiot, trying to work out the quadratic formula, drooling and trying to form his mouth as if to swallow some undigestible lump. Griese would've been a better choice last year, despite having a weaker arm.

Charles Freeman... very good...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline sandwich

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2009, 03:34:28 PM »
your CHAMPS, already have a loss.....maybe next year its all about purple this year :aok
thats alright, one game is nothing... hell 4 games is nothing...
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2009, 05:08:26 PM »
thats alright, one game is nothing... hell 4 games is nothing...
Auto loss to the Ravens this year :rock
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2009, 07:04:38 PM »

see you sunday
........unfortunately.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2009, 07:09:53 PM »
anyone else notice the disproportionate number of steelers fans these past six months?  it's like dallas fans in the 90's....

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2009, 07:14:33 PM »
anyone else notice the disproportionate number of steelers fans these past six months?  it's like dallas fans in the 90's....
ive liked the steelers forever... Im from Pittsburgh... i dont think you have seen any more than normal... we have had the largest following for the last how many years now...
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2009, 07:16:40 PM »
ive liked the steelers forever... Im from Pittsburgh... i dont think you have seen any more than normal... we have had the largest following for the last how many years now...

I'm noticing it for sure.  Hell....in 02......I even noticed it with Buccaneer bandwagoners.

no sweat by the way man......I wasn't talking about you....and I could not be more proud of Mike Tomlin....he has a special place in my football heart.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2009, 12:59:25 AM »
Steelers=lame :rock
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2009, 01:03:41 AM »
Steelers=lame :rock

another Ravens fan using those big words...................... :x

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2009, 11:01:15 PM »

:x
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2009, 04:17:51 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.) :x
OH dang i remember that hit. Hey IVN, a buddy of my says he thinks the Browns have a chance this Sunday, I said to him "good joke"  :lol
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2009, 05:00:53 AM »
1971 Dallas Cowboys
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2009, 08:32:09 AM »
Rant on:  :furious Rarely do I get to see my favorite team even play on TV since I am on the East coast, but I do get to watch probably my least favorite team play of all time, the washington foreskins.  :rolleyes:  Rant Off
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:34:36 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."