Author Topic: Your Favorite NFL Team......  (Read 26616 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: Your Favorite NFL Team......
« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2009, 01:45:15 AM »
Go vikings
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: October 06, 2009, 09:02:54 AM »
Go vikings

Oh boy, here come the Band Wagoneers.

Yes, the Vikes are looking pretty good.

NOTICE TO ALL FAIR WEATHER FANS: Here's your chance to get on board, even if you're from Arkansas, the winning bandwagon. Come pick the strong horse in the race! People will marvel, when the Vikes win the Super Bowl, at your prescience. You can just smirk and tell 'em you've been a fan through thick and thin.

You might even get laid for a change as the secondhand glory reflects a flattering glow onto your slightly shrivelled unit.

Sorry, Kilo... I'm not really singling you out. For all I know you're from that neck of the woods.

Fact: right now, Minnesota's making everyone else look second class.

Go Bears, even if they die in the 'dome.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2009, 09:24:07 AM »
Vi KINGS   Vi KINGS  Vi KINGS
Wonder if they are gonna get to the bowl this year. Been a long time.
325th Checkertails

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2009, 10:22:14 AM »
Vi KINGS   Vi KINGS  Vi KINGS
Wonder if they are gonna get to the bowl this year. Been a long time.

We will see about the Vi Queens.

I'm hoping for a choke, but they aren't showing any signs of that yet.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2009, 11:19:58 AM »

We will see about the Vi Queens.

I'm hoping for a choke, but they aren't showing any signs of that yet.

Not that that hasn't happened before.
325th Checkertails

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2009, 11:34:28 AM »
Not that that hasn't happened before.

Yes, but Tark was still pretty cool - right up to and including his career-ending injury. You could tell, when it happened, that he'd sort of figured it was coming.

He was, after all, a rather small and thin "regular guy" playing on the same field as a pack of troglodytes. He survived for a long time on his wits and coolheadedness alone. He could really pick a defense apart.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2009, 12:04:49 PM »
Yes, but Tark was still pretty cool - right up to and including his career-ending injury. You could tell, when it happened, that he'd sort of figured it was coming.

He was, after all, a rather small and thin "regular guy" playing on the same field as a pack of troglodytes. He survived for a long time on his wits and coolheadedness alone. He could really pick a defense apart.

You're right about that but I was referring to the year they had one loss ( against the worst team in the league ) and blew it in the playoffs. Don't remember what year it was.
325th Checkertails

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2009, 05:53:26 PM »
You're right about that but I was referring to the year they had one loss ( against the worst team in the league ) and blew it in the playoffs. Don't remember what year it was.

Been a Viking fan since the late 60's
Two chokes that I can remember. On by a player. The other by a coach,and a player.

The one you were referring to was in 1998 (their sole regular season loss was to Tampa bay) the choke was against Atlanta.
Denny Green choked at the end of the first half opting to kneel it out. Gary Anderson missed a 38 yard field goal with two minutes left that would have put the game out of reach for the Falcons who managed to tie the game on the ensuing drive. It was the only missed field goal attempt Gary Anderson had all season (Was previously 35 for 35 in feild goal attempts)
the Vikes had a chance to score again But Denny green then choked again by opting to again kneel it out and send the game into overtime.

The ony other "choke" I remember was the 1987 Champoinship game against the Redskins. Darrin nelson dropping the pass from Wade Wilson in the endzone.
 on the final play of the game.

I dont see this team choking. but I do see this teams weak link still as being the head coach Childress.
He can assemble talent no question. And while he's gotten better at it. He still doesnt enthrall me with some of his play calling.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Curlew

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2009, 06:48:14 PM »
Go Raiders!!!!
It is I, Ens. Pulver! And I have just thrown your palm tree overboard!
Quote from: Helm
The best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Callsign---Curlew

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2009, 06:50:22 PM »
Choke of the highest order...

Jan. 14, 2001 - NFC Championship - N.Y. Giants 41, Minnesota 0  :O   :aok

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2009, 06:51:18 PM »
Looks like Dadsguns and I have the Saints wagon all to ourselves, while everyone hops on the Vikings cause of Favre.

Dads...grab the popcorn! I'll get the brewski's.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2009, 07:16:39 PM »
Been a Viking fan since the late 60's
Two chokes that I can remember. On by a player. The other by a coach,and a player.

The one you were referring to was in 1998 (their sole regular season loss was to Tampa bay) the choke was against Atlanta.
Denny Green choked at the end of the first half opting to kneel it out. Gary Anderson missed a 38 yard field goal with two minutes left that would have put the game out of reach for the Falcons who managed to tie the game on the ensuing drive. It was the only missed field goal attempt Gary Anderson had all season (Was previously 35 for 35 in feild goal attempts)
the Vikes had a chance to score again But Denny green then choked again by opting to again kneel it out and send the game into overtime.

The ony other "choke" I remember was the 1987 Champoinship game against the Redskins. Darrin nelson dropping the pass from Wade Wilson in the endzone.
 on the final play of the game.

I dont see this team choking. but I do see this teams weak link still as being the head coach Childress.
He can assemble talent no question. And while he's gotten better at it. He still doesnt enthrall me with some of his play calling.

Yeah, I remember both of those.
Don't know about Childress either. Gonna have to wait and see.
325th Checkertails

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2009, 08:23:35 PM »
Choke of the highest order...

Jan. 14, 2001 - NFC Championship - N.Y. Giants 41, Minnesota 0  :O   :aok

that wasnt a choke. They were flat out out played.
A choke is when you seemingly have it all or are on the verge of having it all then at the last moment give it all away
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »
that wasnt a choke. They were flat out out played.
A choke is when you seemingly have it all or are on the verge of having it all then at the last moment give it all away

It was a choke. You don't have to lose in the last second to choke.  They needed the Heimlich in the first quarter.  They seemingly did have it all until the end of the season.  Then in the playoffs they had everyone believing again....until the goose egg.  :D

http://vikingsragnarok.blogspot.com/2006/10/thanks-bunch-peter-king.html
http://ad.abcnews.com/page2/s/list/readers/chokes.html
http://www.triumphbooks.com/products/gbu__vikings/1572435468.php?page_id=179

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2009, 12:05:44 AM »
San Francisco 49ers.

Not a great team anymore, but if you just move from winner to winner, well, that might say a little about you.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-