Author Topic: Your Favorite NFL Team......  (Read 26600 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Your Favorite NFL Team......
« Reply #675 on: January 11, 2010, 07:17:21 AM »
ummm wireless? :aok

TV or computer? LOL

While I have the capability. i dont do wireless for my computer. And Im old enough to remember when over the air reception was all you had. And even that wasnt true wireless as you often had to run the wire to all sorts of things including your radiator to get good reception. And sometimes this changed on a channel by channel basis. LMAO

One of the first big arguments my wife and I had after we were married was what we were going to watch on TV. Soon thereafter we got a second set.
Back then I was running a commodore 64 and flight sims were no more then wire frame stick figures.

Had a TV near my computer ever since. ;)

Back on topic.
Yea, Bad missed facemask call.

NO Vs Az One offensive Juggernaut against the other. Usually results in a defensive struggle.

Either that. or the score is going to even more closely resemble that of a basketball game then this one did
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:20:29 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #676 on: January 11, 2010, 10:02:58 AM »
I cannot believe the Cards did not get nailed with a facemask on that last play.

I agree. I'm not a Green Bay Fan, but that was blatant.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #677 on: January 11, 2010, 10:34:48 AM »
The ref was not in position to see that single finger on the facemask. He was watching the recovery of the fumble.  If they did see it, perhaps it was a make up call for the "no-call" of pass interference on Fitzgerald earlier in the game.  :devil

Just damn glad the Stealers are not in the play-offs.  :rock Perhaps the refs are asking for a raise?  :x

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #678 on: January 11, 2010, 10:36:49 AM »
Nothing says "sour grapes" then excusing piss poor Game Planning, for "no-calls".    Grow up already folks.   GB did not plan accordingly.   If they did, they wouldn't have had those turnovers.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2010, 10:47:28 AM »
Good Video of two "NO" Calls, back to back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_oKVuzExJw

I am not defending the Packers. I am just pointing out the obvious.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #680 on: January 11, 2010, 10:53:17 AM »

Again, the Packers played below their "rankings", had they made better decisions, they MIGHT have won and "countered" the "no-calls".   But, they didn't.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #681 on: January 11, 2010, 10:54:29 AM »
I enjoy watching Green Bay, however, I must condone that some things (even the obvious) can easily be missed. A great example is that of your average diver. Do you think they constantly monitor what's happening behind them, what's happening beside them, what's happening in front of them, all while ensuring the needle stays at or below the speed limit? To top it off, how many people do that while checking both ways when passing through intersections and constantly making plans in case someone around them makes a huge mistake? Even if you do perform such actions, eventually you won't check an intersection for traffic, make a plan of action, or will inadvertently drive a few mph over the limit because you forgot to glance at the speedometer.

These things happen, one can only hope the referees learn from their previous mistakes.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #682 on: January 11, 2010, 11:01:07 AM »
Again, the Packers played below their "rankings", had they made better decisions, they MIGHT have won and "countered" the "no-calls".   But, they didn't.

Agreed.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #683 on: January 11, 2010, 11:09:02 AM »

Wow, a Steelers fan pointing out obvious no-calls? I'm shocked, I tell ya, totally shocked!! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_to_officiating_in_Super_Bowl_XL

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #684 on: January 11, 2010, 11:21:07 AM »
You still crying about that Rip?  :lol

You probably have that link as a favorite for situations like these.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #685 on: January 11, 2010, 11:30:24 AM »
You still crying about that Rip?  :lol

You probably have that link as a favorite for situations like these.

You bet I do. :)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #686 on: January 11, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »
You bet I do. :)

Shaving heads and throwing stones is all well and good - ESPECIALLY when it's at Pittsburgh fans.

Some Klown here at work has a terrible towel and a "Sixburgh" sign on his cube. I called HR and told them "some buttklown is creating an offensive work environment". Later, after the official inquiry, I found out he was a pretty nice guy, with a dependent wife and three kids. Thus, I was kind of saddened when they threw his bellybutton out in the snow, all quiva'lipped and mumblin' 'bout injustice this and starvation that.

On the upside, one of his daughters is kind of hot and is 17 so I figure she can support the family until he finds a new job.

Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #687 on: January 11, 2010, 12:18:43 PM »
You must have been real proud. Even to think his 17 year old daughter could support him, maybe you should call him and tell him that.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #688 on: January 11, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »
My comment about the missed call was just that, a comment.  I was genuinely surprised it was missed.

Overall, I thought it was a sloppy game.  I have no interests in these two teams and could care less about the outcome.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #689 on: January 11, 2010, 01:51:49 PM »
I don't believe you'll see any of these teams that played this past week-end, after the games conclude next week-end.

I think the Colts, Vikings, Saints and Chargers will all get it done.