Author Topic: ho'ing and ramming  (Read 1930 times)

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
ho'ing and ramming
« on: September 22, 2009, 08:21:26 AM »
 Well.....I know this will dredge up all kinds off excuses (pro and con) BUT, I have noticed several things about the people who whine the most in here about getting killed by a full on frontal assault. First and foremost you dint whine when YOU get the kill!!!,every single player in here has hoed someone before ,sometimes it works out sometimes not so well. :mad:
 For those who complain about getting rammed WHY THE HE!! dint you just get out of the way  :huh its not like its hard to see the ever larger object straight in front of you that's what control surfaces are for! This has been a controversy in here for years and not likely to go away anytime soon,but it is as much a part of the game as flying and dying.
One thing, no one who knows anything about combat air tactics in WWII cannot dispute is that it DID occur and fairly often, two groups of fighters approaching each other head on would squeeze off a quick burst and immediately start maneuvering for position, usually from a fair distance
the p-38 mossie and a few others weren't as maneuverable as others but had a speed advantage,the typical tactic was to boom and zoom in short the dove in, fired, and got out, It did not matter what way the enemy was pointed.....they fired and ran! Personally i try to avoid it because i usually die :cry

next time you get killed by a ho'er salute him :salute it will confuse him long enough to up and kill HIM

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: ho'ing and ramming
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 08:25:33 AM »
yawn this is only the million and 1 post about this same old subject try searching for this next time instead of wasting space on these BBS over stupid stuff
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 08:28:03 AM »
yawn this is only the million and 1 post about this same old subject try searching for this next time instead of wasting space on these BBS over stupid stuff

just throwing in my two cents worth, besides thats all it is worth

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 08:49:51 AM »
just an fyi........

when i do finally ho someone(i will after you've tried more than once, and that's all ya have) i DO whine about it. even if i DO get the kill.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:06:43 AM »
If a guy accuses me of INTENTIONALLY ramming him I take that as a compliment because if I can RAM your plane with mine then I shouldn't have any problem what-so-EVER to get my GUNS on him. These idiotic "why did you ram me?" post's are just plain stupid. :rofl

As far as a HO goes. I just TURN away unless I just stalled out and he is climbing to me and I pretty much have no other choice. Oh, and if it's a 262 or a Tempy I will HO your donut ALL DAY.  :salute :rock

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 09:53:28 AM »
If a guy accuses me of INTENTIONALLY ramming him I take that as a compliment because if I can RAM your plane with mine then I shouldn't have any problem what-so-EVER to get my GUNS on him. These idiotic "why did you ram me?" post's are just plain stupid. :rofl

As far as a HO goes. I just TURN away unless I just stalled out and he is climbing to me and I pretty much have no other choice. Oh, and if it's a 262 or a Tempy I will HO your donut ALL DAY.  :salute :rock

i don't get to fight 262's, as i fly mw.........usually when i encounter a tempest ot a typhoon, it's someone that's not willing to let go of their e, so i usually end up either on the deck(trying to get thewm to come down) with no fight or kill, or i end up with a broken cartoon plane, as i missed a dodge.  :rofl :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 09:58:27 AM »
Well.....I know this will dredge up all kinds off excuses (pro and con) BUT, I have noticed several things about the people who whine the most in here about getting killed by a full on frontal assault. First and foremost you dint whine when YOU get the kill!!!,every single player in here has hoed someone before ,sometimes it works out sometimes not so well. :mad:
 For those who complain about getting rammed WHY THE HE!! dint you just get out of the way  :huh its not like its hard to see the ever larger object straight in front of you that's what control surfaces are for! This has been a controversy in here for years and not likely to go away anytime soon,but it is as much a part of the game as flying and dying.
One thing, no one who knows anything about combat air tactics in WWII cannot dispute is that it DID occur and fairly often, two groups of fighters approaching each other head on would squeeze off a quick burst and immediately start maneuvering for position, usually from a fair distance
the p-38 mossie and a few others weren't as maneuverable as others but had a speed advantage,the typical tactic was to boom and zoom in short the dove in, fired, and got out, It did not matter what way the enemy was pointed.....they fired and ran! Personally i try to avoid it because i usually die :cry

next time you get killed by a ho'er salute him :salute it will confuse him long enough to up and kill HIM

So you are a WWII aviator?   What Squadron were you with?   The 38 sure as hell was "maneuverable", the Mossie was as well.   But hey, you're the expert!   I'll never Salute a HO'er in a 1 vs 1 or when I'm outnumbered.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 10:00:02 AM »
I lose a lot of HOs simply cause I dont see the screen that well. What I dont get is why so many chose them, against what I fly, when every aerodynamic advantage is on their side. They could easily gain advantage and win with almost no risk to themselves but instead here they come. These are the "death types". The dweebs who can do nothing but die until their two weeks are up and dont want to pay the dues in the T/A like the rest of us did.

Then you have the ones who just fly into you and will do so no matter what you do. My guess is they are responding to the squeals of their mates whose tanks keep blowing up from the NS-37s.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 10:12:54 AM »
I lose a lot of HOs simply cause I dont see the screen that well. What I dont get is why so many chose them, against what I fly, when every aerodynamic advantage is on their side. They could easily gain advantage and win with almost no risk to themselves but instead here they come. These are the "death types". The dweebs who can do nothing but die until their two weeks are up and dont want to pay the dues in the T/A like the rest of us did.

Then you have the ones who just fly into you and will do so no matter what you do. My guess is they are responding to the squeals of their mates whose tanks keep blowing up from the NS-37s.

there's generally two kinds dude.

1) gamers...they wanna see the "big badaboom" as quickly as possible, with zero effort. these are the ones you see in real life that've had everything handed to em by their parents...and as adults, they still expect it.

2) the ones with seriously large egos. they can't stand the fact that they may lose a fight. i try to not be mean to em, because i think they just don't get the "fun" aspect of it. they feel if they lost the fight, that they failed, and they can't handle failure.

just my opinion.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 10:49:44 AM »
Intentional ramming is near impossible, but Ho'ing is another story.  This is going to turn into...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 11:01:38 AM »
Head-On shots are inevitable in a dogfight, it's just part of the fight. If you want to shoot down that enemy plane then you're going to want to turn into him to get a shot off. He's going to do the same thing, so you're going to be going Head-On a lot in a fight.

Collisions are all about being in the wrong spot at the wrong time. I've had a few situations were I'm chasing a plane and watch him turn. I think I have enough time to shoot him before he gets his nose around on me, but I misjudge it and now we're going head-on 400 apart. Of course we didn't have enough time to react and collided.

There are a few people (not many, it's not everyone doing it) that use internet lag to fly by bombers and fly away unscratched while the bombers loose a wing.

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 11:10:44 AM »
So you are a WWII aviator?   What Squadron were you with?   The 38 sure as hell was "maneuverable", the Mossie was as well.   But hey, you're the expert!   I'll never Salute a HO'er in a 1 vs 1 or when I'm outnumbered.   
[/quote

The 38 up high was very manuverable, the problem was when it got low it couldnt compete as well with some of the luftwaffe aircraft , the mossie well.....read a book ill let u find out for youself

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 11:11:30 AM »
Joe, I love you, do you love me? yes [] no [] maybe []
Please check box
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline tokenjo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 11:25:09 AM »
Ho'ing & rammming ... Ho'ing & ramming ... Navy beans
navy beans ....  Meatloaf sandwich .... Sloppy Ho ... Slop...
Sloppy Ho .....

D@mn I missed my calling

Tokenjo

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 12:17:46 PM »

The 38 up high was very manuverable, the problem was when it got low it couldnt compete as well with some of the luftwaffe aircraft , the mossie well.....read a book ill let u find out for youself

You are incorrect, P-38 was maneuverable at all altitudes, especially in the thicker air at lower altitudes.  Read a book and hopefully you'll find out for yourself.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song