Author Topic: HEEEELP ME!! Too much "bounce" in joystick  (Read 3183 times)

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
Re: HEEEELP ME!! Too much "bounce" in joystick
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 05:56:15 PM »
Its weird i have had a Logitech 3d pro for 4 years and no problems at all
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 06:50:24 PM »
I used the X3Dpro for 3yrs, till I just bought the G940... The X3D never was a "smooth" stick, with the ball and socket w spring, and pots, it never will be, even when brand new... I've had lots of them, because they wear out fast... At $25 bucks each online, really, what do you expect!!!  If you keep the weight of your forearm supported, so it doesn't rest on the sticks socket, it will double the lifespan.. Had one last a year that way.. Sounds like you have the same prob, that I always had.. If you set the dampers up, to steady down your aim, then it is too sluggish during hard ACM, And vice/versa...

All I can suggest, is keep the dampers as low as you can tolerate, and remember to release your deathgrip for a sec, to let the controls neutralize before you take take your shot.. And practice changing from the hard grip
for maneuver, to the fingertip touch for aiming... That worked for me, don't really think there is another solution for that stick...

Biggest prob for me was unintentional rudder input on the twisty... LOL, this just EATS UP your E as well, and you don't even realize it, LOL!!!

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 07:48:30 PM »
Everytime I have an issue with my stick, I go into the controls for it and do the following.

-Unplug it
-push stick full foward
-plug it back in while pushed full foward and let it back to rest
-unplug it again
-pull full back on the stick
-plug it back in while full back and let it back to rest
- continue doing the same for every input (left, right, rudders)
- keep it at rest and unplug it one more time
- plug it back in at rest and check settings

this usually fixes just about any problem I have with my stick, but I'm using an X52 so I'm not sure if this would even work for a Logitech.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »
Changeup, just did a check on the Logitec sight. They have what is called the"wingman clear calibration tool".
Similar to CH's control manger. I was getting bouncys, and trouble with my controls staying calibrated with
just windows calibration tool. I installed the "CH control manger" calibrated in that, and then in AH, and has
smoothed my controls out nicely. I have no experience with Logitec, but am assuming it is the same. If you choose
to use Logitecs tool, you may have to remap all your buttons..I had to when I installed CH control manger..

FYI - The calibration tool in CH Manager is the same calibration tool as Windows, just uses a different wrapper.  With CH products, it does not matter if you use the Windows calibration tool or CH Control Manager's calibration tool.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »
I have tried it all...damping, dead band, slider adjustments...geezus, it won't stop.  It isn't the joystick itself as it works fine in other games.  Too much adjustment makes the stick unresponsive in ACM.  

I have a Logitech, 3D Pro

Does anyone have a screen shot of their settings that diminish BOUNCE!???  I WILL PAY FOR THE PICTURE!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!! (pulling hair out and kicking dog)

V/r

Changeup

Try searching the forums using the keyword 'stick scaling' and you'll see a few threads where others have posted their stick scalings.  I'm sure you'll be able to find one that will help or at least give you an idea how to scale your stick to minimize or eliminate nose bounce.

ack-ack

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:50:36 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 08:59:41 PM »
Just get a CH Fighterstick and know you have purchased the most reliable stick.   I went through a Logitech 3d Pro (sent to a former squaddie), 2 X045's and an X-52, prior to the CH. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 10:25:14 PM »
 My sticks have always been way too sensitive. Especially the rudder.

~AoM~

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 11:41:58 PM »
Thank you fellas.  Lots of good help and here's what I have found helped:

1) Uninstalled the Logitech management software and that left the drivers up;
2)That allowed me to recalibrate in windows...before it would not;
3)Re-scaled using the "Bentnail" solution lol
4)Calibrated ingame for each axis
5)calibrated ingame for general

Still a tad of bounce but I haven't gone through and fine tuned the scaling just yet.

Ack-Ack - thanks..I will search for the scaling issue and the suggestions will help me fine tune I betcha.

Thanks gents

V/r

Changeup

PS - If this doesnt work, my dogs will get 4th and longed out of the backyard and CH will get a call.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:43:30 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 12:07:59 AM »
just be easy on the stick, and use your e and rudder to stabalize it for shots. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline VANDALS

• Zinc Member
      • 666th BARBARIANS FG
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 01:08:48 AM »
On mine I just had to dampen the rudder controls
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone is not thinking"