Author Topic: HEEEELP ME!! Too much "bounce" in joystick  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
HEEEELP ME!! Too much "bounce" in joystick
« on: September 24, 2009, 09:46:40 AM »
I have tried it all...damping, dead band, slider adjustments...geezus, it won't stop.  It isn't the joystick itself as it works fine in other games.  Too much adjustment makes the stick unresponsive in ACM. 

I have a Logitech, 3D Pro

Does anyone have a screen shot of their settings that diminish BOUNCE!???  I WILL PAY FOR THE PICTURE!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!! (pulling hair out and kicking dog)

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: HEEEELP ME!! Too much "bounce" in joystick
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:49:47 AM »
Its proboly spiking, mny logitech did the same thing...time for a new stick.
Strokes

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:58:29 AM »
What stick are you using?  One of my squaddies is having the same problem.

***G3-MF***

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 10:01:10 AM »
What stick are you using?  One of my squaddies is having the same problem.

RTFP

I have a Logitech, 3D Pro

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline sveno

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »
Same problem here since some patches back.

CH fighterstick, delayed input, as a result the feeling is sluggish and I oversteer to often.

Esp. noteable on the elevators.

Orgasmic Interception.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.

Offline blyind420

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 11:05:15 AM »
<BABBLE>i have the same stick as you i believe...the logitech extreme 3d pro.
as my stick has gotten older the problem has gotten a little worse the best fix i have for it is increasing the deadband on the Z axis aka the twist rudder so when I'm trying to get a lead on someone it wont notice the small rudder twists and also having a steady hands helps tons too.
I have also heard that twist rudder sticks aren't good for dogfighting because of this problem but Ive gotten used to it.
i took a screen shot of my z axis deadband settings but theres no attach button so i cant post it but i can tell you how i did it.
after my stick got broken in there is a little loose play on it, especially for the Z axis so when your adjusting it set it so when you jiggle the stick on the z axis slightly(not enough to run into any resistance you know, just the free play)the raw input you should see move slightly and turn the dead band up until the scaled input line doesn't move anymore when your twisting the Z axis within the free play zone.

hope you get what I'm trying to say :aok

</END BABBLE>

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 11:12:51 AM »
Same problem here since some patches back.

CH fighterstick, delayed input, as a result the feeling is sluggish and I oversteer to often.

Esp. noteable on the elevators.

I have CH Fighterstick...never really had problems with it, but recently added some scaling because I was tired of the little "bounce" I had.  Deadband and Damping minimal.  Two days later I really like it.  Small change, big difference.  I'm flying smoother, shooting better and killing more.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »

RTFP

Oops... glossed right over that part.  :huh

Different stick, same issue though.  This may seem silly, but make sure your scaling is turned on for EACH axis... not just one.  Some people dont realize that you have to set it up for each on separately. 

***G3-MF***

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 12:35:03 PM »
That joystick is notorious for dying quickly, with the average working lifetime being three months. Logitec's potentiometers used to be horrible...hoping their new $300 rig has better ones in it. I hear it has Hall Effect Sensors like the X52 as well.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 12:35:34 PM »
Lots of guys in my squad are having the same problem myself included. I use a CH stick and moved my damping up a bit. It helped a little. Seems something has changed though in recent patches. Twice lastnight there were guys 200 out on my six and they couldnt hit me. I could tell they were bouncing all around.

Offline olskool2

• Zinc Member
      • Total Nonsense
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
Thought it was just me, my stick started fluctuating on the elevator axis a long time ago, but it's usually less than 200. But recently it has gotten very bumpy.

Edit: It's a Saitek ST290 Pro.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 04:09:21 PM »
Thanks guys...about two months ago our squad genius (every squad has the techy right? lol) Bentnail, had a scale "formula" that he worked out for this stick specifically and it fixed ALL the bouncing....smooth as silk.  Over the last two months its gotten worse and unrepairable.  Now, I would blame it on the stick but I have TWO sticks..one for home and one I take with me when I travel on business and play on my laptop...they both are terrible now but the settings are the same.

Im clueless now but thank you very much for your help.

V/r
Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 04:17:12 PM »
Changeup, have you recalibrated your stick in windows,or whatever program Logitec uses if installed, and then again in AH.??
CH products has the "control manager" for calibrating in lue of the windows calibration tool..
Just a thought..

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 04:21:34 PM »
I had this issue also...I finally bought a powered usb hub and that has helped.. But something I have found is (this is for me but you may find the same if you try) I have less issue with this with all detail off with just bump mapping on. Full detail Hires works for me but I find things a little unstable at the finer end of the fight...general flight nothing noticeably different(a little more jumpy I suppose). I get 30 frms average with the odd fluctuation now and then. these fluctuations are more over land than water and in fact I get higher frames over water, obviously something to do with the amount of texture in the land now.
With detail off I get an average of 70 (usually goes up more than down) and I find my stick to be closer resembling the way it was before the update... I thought this was all in my head and just started to adapt but was getting quite frustrated because, I can understand a slump so to speak in your game but when progressivley over three tours you become worse than the first day you trialed..... since this came up I thought I'd put forward what I had noticed.
 Since I have turned off my detail my ability has started to get back to where I was....N'uber' dweeb' :D

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 04:41:28 PM »
Changeup, just did a check on the Logitec sight. They have what is called the"wingman clear calibration tool".
Similar to CH's control manger. I was getting bouncys, and trouble with my controls staying calibrated with
just windows calibration tool. I installed the "CH control manger" calibrated in that, and then in AH, and has
smoothed my controls out nicely. I have no experience with Logitec, but am assuming it is the same. If you choose
to use Logitecs tool, you may have to remap all your buttons..I had to when I installed CH control manger..