Author Topic: P-38 kill ratio...out of whack.  (Read 53776 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: P-38 kill ratio...out of whack.
« Reply #435 on: September 29, 2009, 12:43:07 AM »
I'm thinking it's time for an emergency SAPP meeting with a vote to petition HTC for removal of the P38 from the game and all the SAPP pilots start flying Spitfire 16s.

I had no idea the 38 was such a problem!  Never stopped me from dying, in a cartoon sorta way, ever :)

can i fly a 9? i suck in the 16.  :noid :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #436 on: September 29, 2009, 01:18:48 AM »
not sure what answer you are looking for here?  only reason I posted about the F6f in the Blue Angels, is because I was refering that they started out with a WW2 Fighter plane. I do agree the Bearcat is a monster to a Hellcat sitting side by side.......I have no knowledge of the 2 different planes flying against each other though, or seen any flightsim where 2 people could simulate such an event......

Let me put it this way (having seen the Horsemen fly the Bearcat)...

A Hellcat and Bearcat take off at max power side by side and the rule is climb to 10k and land. When the Bearcat lands the hellcat is still climbing through 6k.

Here are some more photos you might not have seen.

http://www.flightof2photography.com/gallery.php
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #437 on: September 29, 2009, 01:58:56 AM »
Phillips understands more about aerodynamics than just about anyone living today. None of what I have said or what he has written (except about Virdens death) are in disagreement with what you said or what the engineers said about the problem. You are just being argumentative because of what is going on between you and these other guys. Phillips isnt the only one to say this either as airspacemag reports the same thing.

Virden died because the spring loaded servo mechanism did its job too well and the load it put upon the tail broke the tail. So you could say (and you wouldnt be wrong) that his death was engineered but that sort of thing happens in war.

Johnson is not a god and engineers screw up sometimes.  :(

Doctors know alot about diseases... but if your not the one treating someone your just guessing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #438 on: September 29, 2009, 02:01:06 AM »
I'm thinking it's time for an emergency SAPP meeting with a vote to petition HTC for removal of the P38 from the game and all the SAPP pilots start flying Spitfire 16s.

I think that is a fabulous idea! It would be a nice response to all the new posters in this thread, you know the ones who HAVE to be related to Krusty.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #439 on: September 29, 2009, 02:05:30 AM »
Doctors know alot about diseases... but if your not the one treating someone your just guessing.

Nice expression that is probably appropriate somewhere... but it doesnt mean squat.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #440 on: September 29, 2009, 02:11:18 AM »
Give shuffler a break, he obviously just watched House, MD's new episode :aok

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #441 on: September 29, 2009, 02:17:15 AM »

I had no idea the 38 was such a problem!  Never stopped me from dying, in a cartoon sorta way, ever :)

great idea guppy.  About time you lot got rid of the 2 engine Crutch and flew a mans plane.  :lol  thats if you can handle it at your age.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #442 on: September 29, 2009, 02:38:25 AM »

I think we should come clean about Operation D.M.A.D.T., and how our real plan was to get the P-38 either so porked as to render it unflyable or removed entirely from the game. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #443 on: September 29, 2009, 02:39:21 AM »
I think we should come clean about Operation D.M.A.D.T., and how our real plan was to get the P-38 either so porked as to render it unflyable or removed entirely from the game. 

ack-ack

most of mine are unflyable
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #444 on: September 29, 2009, 07:13:11 AM »
hey i tried some of the maneuvers i have seen people do in the ma in a 38 and come to two conclusions, i cant do it so they MUST be cheating!!! :furious :furious :furious :furious :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Kidding... some of us cant accept that others may have practiced more or are just plain better don't perk it don't tweak it just leave it the way it is! I truly cant come close to some of the stuff Ive seen people do in a 38,but every once in a while you get them, and then all is a big warm fuzzy!

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #445 on: September 29, 2009, 07:49:35 AM »
You are sort of correct. All objects accelerate towards the ground at the same rate, regardless of mass (weight).  The 2.2 ft/s is not correct. All objects accelerate at 32.2ft/sec/sec due to gravity. So after 1 sec they would falling at 32ft/s

Your obsolutely correct.  I had to look it up and where I got that 2.2 feet per second is actually 2.2 feet at 1000 yrd shot for one of my guns.  I'm I made a 101 overall grade in algebra and a 98 in geometry I feel so stupid, but thats been a long time ago  :) I appreciate the correction. 
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #446 on: September 29, 2009, 07:51:12 AM »
hey i tried some of the maneuvers i have seen people do in the ma in a 38 and come to two conclusions, i cant do it so they MUST be cheating!!! :furious :furious :furious :furious :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Kidding... some of us cant accept that others may have practiced more or are just plain better don't perk it don't tweak it just leave it the way it is! I truly cant come close to some of the stuff Ive seen people do in a 38,but every once in a while you get them, and then all is a big warm fuzzy!

:confused:

did i just read a common sense post?
 :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #447 on: September 29, 2009, 08:16:40 AM »
:confused:

did i just read a common sense post?
 :aok

I believe you did Cap
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #448 on: September 29, 2009, 08:21:12 AM »
just to be clear i don't want to reduce the performance of the 38 or any other aircraft in isolation.

i just wish the games handled things differently in regards to flight and ACM do's and don'ts ...

we do throw these planes around a lot harder than could be reasonably explained away if we were in the real world, it would be a good thing IMO to have the consequences of "hanging it out" so much were represented more than they are currently.

for all the aircraft  

no offense ...

++S++

t

THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #449 on: September 29, 2009, 08:28:20 AM »
just to be clear i don't want to reduce the performance of the 38 or any other aircraft in isolation.

i just wish the games handled things differently in regards to flight and ACM do's and don'ts ...

we do throw these planes around a lot harder than could be reasonably explained away if we were in the real world, it would be a good thing IMO to have the consequences of "hanging it out" so much were represented more than they are currently.

for all the aircraft  

no offense ...

++S++

t

but..........

there ARE consequences for "hanging it out" too much.

trust me i know. i die a LOT of cartoon deaths from that.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"