Author Topic: able to release bombs while upsidown  (Read 527 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
able to release bombs while upsidown
« on: September 27, 2009, 05:34:15 AM »
It was suggested to me that I post this picture of me dropping bombs while upsidown in buff.  it was taken 2 days ago in the main arena.  this was just a test I was doing regarding the ability to dive bomb at a steep angle while in a buff.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: able to release bombs while upsidown
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 09:29:37 AM »
always have been able to do that. Well known and HTC isn't going to fix it at this time..... last I heard anyway.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:09:57 PM »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:54:34 AM »
In my opinion you shouldn't be using a buff to dive bomb anything, inverted or not! I do believe they were not made to dive at a steep angle nor were they used inverted flight! I know I know its a game! Yes your on to something that should be fixed!  :salute
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 04:51:58 PM »
well the B25C chart linked above shows release <60deg in glide from some stations, so its quite not that simple, but sure they should be realistic for each aircraft.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 07:31:22 PM »
I'll quote myself from your other thread:

As for the bombs, this has been the way AH works for 10 years now. Your own dropped objects will NOT impact with your airframe. However, your "blast radius" will still damage you. Meaning if somehow you lobbed a bomb up and then dove into it again, you wouldn't take any damage. You can't drop your own DT into yourself, etc.

It's a gameplay design that's been around forever. I think "if" they ever fix this issue it will be part of a much larger change to how the entire game works (read: a complete overhaul of the game code) and isn't coming any time soon.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 08:59:55 PM »
Kindda doubt that it would be a complete overhaul of the game code, then again, I dont know anything about the ah code.  My "job", if you can call it that, is to report it.  if it gets fixed or not fixed, or how it gets fixed is up to whoever is in charge.  Like I said before it was suggested to me that I post it here, and that's what I did.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.