Author Topic: Anyone Familiar with Vegas Pro 9?  (Read 483 times)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Anyone Familiar with Vegas Pro 9?
« on: September 27, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
I'm attempting to remove the "voice chatter" from a clip and I was wondering if it were possible? We use Teamspeak so when I'm recording FRAPS picks it up, anyway to stop fraps from recording voice communication or no?

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: Anyone Familiar with Vegas Pro 9?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 03:32:40 PM »
If you're recording while playing the game, the answer is no.  Recorded sound is generally picked up in Fraps as "What U Hear."  Meaning any audio produced via your sound card/chip is going to be recorded.  Windows makes a dinging noise during recording?  It's recorded.  Talking on Teamspeak?  It's recorded.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 06:21:47 PM »
Your best bet is to disable audio recording in fraps and add your own...that's what most movie makers do.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 06:23:53 PM »
Your best bet is to disable audio recording in fraps and add your own...that's what most movie makers do.

From flying? Think i might have too.

Thanks Fulmar & Spikes.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 04:35:06 AM »

From flying? Think i might have too.

Thanks Fulmar & Spikes.

I activate the "mute envelope" or "volume envelope" to remove AH vox audio and the beep it has with it.  I usually replace the removed audio with sound effects to fill the dead audio gaps.

Right click on the audio track name, select "insert envelope" then select "mute" or "volume".  You'll see a line in your audio track.  Right click on the line to create points and feel free to move those points up/down left/right.  Goal is to remove unwanted audio.  This is not a frequency filter, it's just a quick way to lower/mute audio at specific times in the audio clip.
Time's fun when you're having flies.