Author Topic: Working on a Terrain  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Working on a Terrain
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 01:21:42 PM »
When a terrain is submitted to htc, it must include all the terrain source files including all .til, .bmp, .ac and .htx files, to name a few of the more exotic files. Your .res output file by itself doesn't come close to qualifying. By the way, all these files and the work they represent become the property of htc when you submit them.

If the terrain must pass review by the terrain team, the requirements are the same except that you may withhold the .ac and .til files (your custom object sources) until you submit it to htc.

Since anyone along the review process can reject the terrain, due to quality or game play issues, it's best to contact the appropriate reviewers before you put too much effort into it, especially if it's not historically based.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 03:10:13 PM »
Source files are the files that are saved in the Terrain folder, ie what the T.E. uses to build the terrain.

Offline hoopwafa

• Zinc Member
how do you make a terrain?
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 07:08:50 PM »
how do you make a terrain anyway? when i try to use the terrain creater, it sends an error report and closes. can someone help me too.

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 07:16:46 AM »
how do you make a terrain anyway? when i try to use the terrain creater, it sends an error report and closes. can someone help me too.
you may not have the lasest version with the patches,you may have to download it again.