Author Topic: Oh Hiss Boo..  (Read 865 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Oh Hiss Boo..
« on: September 30, 2009, 07:27:46 PM »
I loaded the .res file for my map in AH and flew it offline. It defaulted to what i'm guessing is default tiling for computers with less than perfect computing power. UHG!  I was really looking forward to flying in my map.

It's an old 2.56 Ghz  2 meg ram  256meg  color card (AGP)  guess it's not up to snuff.

I was wondering why the Greece map looked bad.

NUTTZ

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Oh Hiss Boo..
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 10:13:49 PM »
After your terrain is completely loaded offline, go into your clipboard graphic detail settings, click on the advanced options & see if you can turn em back on.  If a terrain doesn't load fast enough, it will automatically switch to the lower graphics, but you can usually turn em back on.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:17:53 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 07:13:08 AM »
This type of thing drives me crazy. I will be flying along and suddenly and very briefly my frame rates drop into say the single digits for like less then a second. Which triggers the change from high res to low res default settings. Drives me crazy because it is just a brief frame rate hit but when you change things back to high res (via the method USranger says) it takes forever to load the textures. Until they load I get like a black sea and see the land without any texture.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 05:12:31 PM »
This type of thing drives me crazy. I will be flying along and suddenly and very briefly my frame rates drop into say the single digits for like less then a second. Which triggers the change from high res to low res default settings. Drives me crazy because it is just a brief frame rate hit but when you change things back to high res (via the method USranger says) it takes forever to load the textures. Until they load I get like a black sea and see the land without any texture.

Played with the settings, It disables to default just before i take off. I have it set pretty low, but just enough to show the textures, probably my computer or graphics card. I have better than minimum specs off of the AH web site but I didn't know it defaults to "bland" textures for slower comps. Wondering what is the minimum specs are for the better textures and animated water to kick in. I can see the better textures in the TE ... just not in the game.

NUTTZ