Author Topic: YIKES!! Toyota has Warned Me to Remove My Driver's Side Floor Mat !! ???  (Read 1271 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: YIKES!! Toyota has Warned Me to Remove My Driver's Side Floor Mat !! ???
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2009, 11:27:39 AM »

Well Cap not everyone is impressed with your cars. Me being included. Know what amuses me?. That  rather unprofessionally paint job on your Camaro. It looks like you painted it with spray cans. So getting someones attention IMO would require a reason that might get a person to look a little deeper . Like a nice paint job . As far as the Fairmont goes nothing would get my attention if I saw it sitting there  except bringing to mind  renting one in Hawaii in 78. It was a most forgetable car except for the goofy design. I can't seem to shake it from my head, even after all these years.

Weather the guy thinks he has some hot rod or not his version of transportation is in my eyes is far more reliable, comfortable, usefull and has more value then both of your dragsters put together. That's what his car is transportation not a 1/4 miler. I fail to see where the comparison is between his truck and your straightline cars.

the camaro's painted the way it was when i got it. soonz i can afford to, it's getting a nice paint job.

the fairmont is intended and meant to be not noticable, and forgettable. i mean, c'mon,.......most of what most people will see of that car will be that silly sticker in the back window, and the tail lights.  :devil

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »
the camaro's painted the way it was when i got it. soonz i can afford to, it's getting a nice paint job.

the fairmont is intended and meant to be not noticable, and forgettable. i mean, c'mon,.......most of what most people will see of that car will be that silly sticker in the back window, and the tail lights.  :devil

I found it curious when you mentioned he didn't notice the Fairmont 50 ft away. If I saw the Fairmont while filling up I would be looking around for Grandma.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »

I found it curious when you mentioned he didn't notice the Fairmont 50 ft away. If I saw the Fairmont while filling up I would be looking around for Grandma.

well, he's in here for gas all the time. he's been in while the fairmont was running. its exhaust note is one of the few "give aways" to what that car is really capable of.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2009, 12:32:16 PM »
well, he's in here for gas all the time. he's been in while the fairmont was running. its exhaust note is one of the few "give aways" to what that car is really capable of.

maybe he just figured you had a flowmaster in it as well.  :rofl

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2009, 01:00:32 PM »
maybe he just figured you had a flowmaster in it as well.  :rofl

never heard a 400hp 5.0L with glasspacks, have ya?

it has a rather distinctive, and telling idle.......throttle it at all, and well........it'll make the hair on your arms stand up. throttle it in gear, and it'll draw most of the local law enforcement in earshot.

on a side note, i was moving the camaro the other day. one of my friends from CAP that lives about 1/4 a mile away from the shop stopped in to see what i was doing to it.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2009, 03:41:05 PM »
never heard a 400hp 5.0L with glasspacks, have ya?

it has a rather distinctive, and telling idle.......throttle it at all, and well........it'll make the hair on your arms stand up. throttle it in gear, and it'll draw most of the local law enforcement in earshot.

on a side note, i was moving the camaro the other day. one of my friends from CAP that lives about 1/4 a mile away from the shop stopped in to see what i was doing to it.  :D

I was joking Cap

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2009, 03:42:11 PM »
400hp fairmont, the american version of a ricer.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009, 04:20:11 PM »
400hp fairmont, the american version of a ricer.

nope.

the fairmont is a mustang in disguise. same chassis, same sound, same handling, just a bit uglier. still better looking than riceburners though
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 05:43:01 PM »
nope.

the fairmont is a mustang in disguise. same chassis, same sound, same handling, just a bit uglier. still better looking than riceburners though

please give me an example cause other then some AMC cars it doesn't get much uglier  for that time period.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 11:46:44 PM »

please give me an example cause other then some AMC cars it doesn't get much uglier  for that time period.
pinto
apollo
malibu
colt
aspen
volare
monaco
cordoba
gran fury
st. regis
new yorker
 :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2009, 07:21:39 AM »
Well Cap not everyone is impressed with your cars. Me being included. Know what amuses me?. That  rather unprofessionally paint job on your Camaro. It looks like you painted it with spray cans. So getting someones attention IMO would require a reason that might get a person to look a little deeper . Like a nice paint job . As far as the Fairmont goes nothing would get my attention if I saw it sitting there  except bringing to mind  renting one in Hawaii in 78. It was a most forgetable car except for the goofy design. I can't seem to shake it from my head, even after all these years.

Weather the guy thinks he has some hot rod or not his version of transportation is in my eyes is far more reliable, comfortable, usefull and has more value then both of your dragsters put together. That's what his car is transportation not a 1/4 miler. I fail to see where the comparison is between his truck and your straightline cars.

You say this as you actually THINK CAP will give a hoot.  It's "whether" and "forgettable" btw.    Give me a reliable and excellent engine build up in a rattle can paint job over an unreliable, POS engine, slick paint job ANYDAY. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 07:23:18 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2009, 09:03:32 AM »
Now, if all of us drove stick shifts, this would never be a problem. Just hit the clutch.

And I can't believe a police officer didn't shift into neutral. He had enough time to call 911 and describe the situation.
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »
You say this as you actually THINK CAP will give a hoot.  It's "whether" and "forgettable" btw.    Give me a reliable and excellent engine build up in a rattle can paint job over an unreliable, POS engine, slick paint job ANYDAY. 

:airplane:  me during a pass in the camaro.
 :banana: me when i get back to the pits, and get out of the car, checking my time slip
 :neener: me after hammering the ricer
 :headscratch: the ricer driver after getting hammered.

:bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2009, 06:10:41 AM »
Nothing a utility knife likely can't solve.

Just don't fix it at school.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2009, 07:43:24 AM »
if every recall cost them $50.00 thats $190,000,000
 :cry <- toyota

that would be very cheap considering people have supposedly died due to this malfunction. Only 190mil would also mean humans have suddenly got bored of throwing law suits at anyone with a toenail out of line. :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.