Author Topic: Sketchworks 2010 Soundpack  (Read 23211 times)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Sketchworks 2010 Soundpack
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »
Nope, I need a step by step guide.

-Penguin

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »
Is 2010 the last time these were updated?  I currently use this soundpak and I love this soundpack and was just wondering.

Thanks

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2012, 06:45:10 PM »
I added the sounds for new airplanes/gvs from the other packs.   l like all the sound packs they're all different and will switch every other month or so and it feels like a new game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2012, 09:34:27 PM »
My PC says can't unzip folder. Folder is empty....? Got it...never mind :salute
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:28:11 PM by W7LPNRICK »
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Hawk78th

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2012, 04:26:43 PM »
Hey Dogg  <S>

I have an earlier version of your "packs" (around August of 2008 or 2009 or so..) and I'm wondering where the   "Misc & Extras's went....

I do have your 2010 DL, but went looking for the Misc & Extras folder.

All the check 6's (Check6little= Favorite), Chute sounds, Troop drops, etc..

Mind you,  I still have ALL of those sounds, but a few of  my Squaddies are looking for them.....

Ideas...?

Keep up the  great work  !

<<S>>
JHawk  (in Game)

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2012, 05:25:18 AM »
dude, can you just upload a link to all the planes' real-life Rate-of-Fire instead of them firing like a Gatling gun (seems almost like that, The Gatling Gun fires at about 3000 rpm)
Kenzy Shooter is coming to get you with my P-51D!!! :salute

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2012, 10:22:52 AM »
Which guns are you talking about in particular.  This is by far my favorite sound pack. 
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »
yes and no.  Each wave file can be adjusted by editing the file itself.  U can no longer adjust it within the game.

Is 2010 the last time these were updated?  I currently use this soundpak and I love this soundpack and was just wondering.

Thanks

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2012, 05:44:20 PM »

Thanks

I think so.  Not 100% though
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2012, 06:16:44 PM »
i just mix sounds form other packs. or god forbid make my own!
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2012, 06:41:52 PM »

FINALLY he admits it!  :devil

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »

Seriously?  You just HAD to say something, didn't you?  :bhead
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2012, 05:51:37 PM »
FINALLY he admits it!  :devil
and by mix i dont me use the same sound. i mean take that sound. and mix it with other sounds.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline transatlanticflight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2012, 07:44:33 AM »
So I have a general question about functionality of AH sounds and sound pacs...maybe someone can help. The native AH game sounds do not appear to be in the "sounds" folder. When I download the game, I have a folder that has one text file that says "wiped" or "cleaned" or some such thing. So here are my questions:

1. Can I assume that the native sounds for the game are coded somewhere else and that when the game is loaded each time the software looks for a sound folder and replaces appropriately named sound files?

2. Therefore, can I also assume that if no file for a particular game sound exists the game will load its default sound instead, regardless of any previously loaded "soundpac" sound file?

I suppose I could try testing but assume you guys know the answer. I know you can mix and match sounds from different pacs and obviously source your own sounds. My interest is wondering if I can mix and matchsound pacs with AH game sounds, and maybe find some of my own since all sound pacs seem to be either incomplete, in progress, and because sound is subjective and I actually like some of the ah sounds better than what I'm hearing.

DEEPER QUESTION:
Also, does anyone particularly understand how the game loops sounds? Is there a FAQ or other document detailing game sounds? In other words, you pull a trigger for a burst of 6 x .50 cals (actually you'd have to pull primary and secondary triggers to get all six guns blazing) so does the game layer and loop a single .50 cal shot sound file? Will it auto edit the sound to remove space and thereby does the game control the frequency of the repetition or will space or a rest, or silence in the sound file slow the fire rate?

I agree with some who have expressed that sound pac guns sound like a gattling gun. But at the same time, I acknowledge that 6 .50's firing simultaneusly would have a fast rate of fire since I don't think these guns could be synchronized because they have mechanically adjusted fire rates. I don't think they staggered the solonoids that fired them...just pull trigger and let rip. That increased rate of fire caused by the inherent randomization is what made them deadly. Have to see if there is any audio on old gun camera footage (probably not) or maybe some expert or vet could tell us. I will say this, the sound of guns (or any game sound other than radio chatter in a cockpit should be muffled and not echoe or have a large report. My challenge with some of the explosions and gun sounds in the sound pacs is it's as if they were exploded on a sound stage and you're listening from a safe distance but with perfect clarity. Not realistic. If you're in the air flying at 200-400mph...with engine noise etc...you will here a muted compressed explosion if you hear anything. Hearing enemy gunfire coming at you from outside the cockpit is ridiculous (though helpful to evade a hit). Hearing the "plink" of the shell on your fuselage is realistic or the explosion of your own fuel tank. But some of this stuff in the sound pacs seems to ignore reality. IMO

Ballzy

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2012, 05:59:17 AM »
So I have a general question about functionality of AH sounds and sound pacs...maybe someone can help. The native AH game sounds do not appear to be in the "sounds" folder. When I download the game, I have a folder that has one text file that says "wiped" or "cleaned" or some such thing. So here are my questions:

1. Can I assume that the native sounds for the game are coded somewhere else and that when the game is loaded each time the software looks for a sound folder and replaces appropriately named sound files?

2. Therefore, can I also assume that if no file for a particular game sound exists the game will load its default sound instead, regardless of any previously loaded "soundpac" sound file?

I suppose I could try testing but assume you guys know the answer. I know you can mix and match sounds from different pacs and obviously source your own sounds. My interest is wondering if I can mix and matchsound pacs with AH game sounds, and maybe find some of my own since all sound pacs seem to be either incomplete, in progress, and because sound is subjective and I actually like some of the ah sounds better than what I'm hearing.

DEEPER QUESTION:
Also, does anyone particularly understand how the game loops sounds? Is there a FAQ or other document detailing game sounds? In other words, you pull a trigger for a burst of 6 x .50 cals (actually you'd have to pull primary and secondary triggers to get all six guns blazing) so does the game layer and loop a single .50 cal shot sound file? Will it auto edit the sound to remove space and thereby does the game control the frequency of the repetition or will space or a rest, or silence in the sound file slow the fire rate?

I agree with some who have expressed that sound pac guns sound like a gattling gun. But at the same time, I acknowledge that 6 .50's firing simultaneusly would have a fast rate of fire since I don't think these guns could be synchronized because they have mechanically adjusted fire rates. I don't think they staggered the solonoids that fired them...just pull trigger and let rip. That increased rate of fire caused by the inherent randomization is what made them deadly. Have to see if there is any audio on old gun camera footage (probably not) or maybe some expert or vet could tell us. I will say this, the sound of guns (or any game sound other than radio chatter in a cockpit should be muffled and not echoe or have a large report. My challenge with some of the explosions and gun sounds in the sound pacs is it's as if they were exploded on a sound stage and you're listening from a safe distance but with perfect clarity. Not realistic. If you're in the air flying at 200-400mph...with engine noise etc...you will here a muted compressed explosion if you hear anything. Hearing enemy gunfire coming at you from outside the cockpit is ridiculous (though helpful to evade a hit). Hearing the "plink" of the shell on your fuselage is realistic or the explosion of your own fuel tank. But some of this stuff in the sound pacs seems to ignore reality. IMO

Ballzy

:aok Hell of a 1st post.  I'm anxious to hear from some of the sound guru's here to shed some light on the subject.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear