Author Topic: Updated ENY values for Planes  (Read 5961 times)

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
Re: Updated ENY values for Planes
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2009, 03:37:42 PM »
Sorry Shuffler, but this illustrates the dangers of putting words in someone else's mouth. :)

I never said I like to base capture. Actually I don't. I've never done a base capture outside of a scenario. I like air to air.

No one said you guys couldn't fly as singles, I'm sorry you feel the need to defend that record.

Seems like you are set on being on opposite sides. Sorry you feel that way.

I'll let you all get back to drinking the cool-aid and swirling it around. BTW, what flavor is it?
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2009, 03:46:32 PM »
Sorry Shuffler, but this illustrates the dangers of putting words in someone else's mouth. :)

I never said I like to base capture. Actually I don't. I've never done a base capture outside of a scenario. I like air to air.

No one said you guys couldn't fly as singles, I'm sorry you feel the need to defend that record.

Seems like you are set on being on opposite sides. Sorry you feel that way.

I'll let you all get back to drinking the cool-aid and swirling it around. BTW, what flavor is it?

One can only read what you've posted to this point and make a determination. Base capture looks to be what your saying is so important.

As for defending how we fly, I was making sure you understood that.

You said you look for weak points and I said we did not. If you think that is saying the same thing then I can't help you.

We don't drink kool-aid we dring margaritas frozen with salt on the rim. Hence the SAPP blenders.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2009, 04:22:46 PM »
The Pony is just an all around darn good freaking airplane. You have indicated it doesn't particularly shine is one area (i disagree here btw, how about e retention or dive) but is better then average in most.

This is just plain wrong. Please learn your AH planes before you comment on them.

The fact is, for a fighter role, the 51 is probably the worst late war rides. The k4, la7, d9,  152 are all late war rides that are clearly superior to the 51D overall.  
The K4  is an uber fighter, much better than the 51, yet its ENY is much higher. It out turns, climbs, accelerates, rolls about the same, out guns the 51 yet its ENY is significantly higher. I can only assume that ord carrying ability has something to do with ENY, otherwise it doesn't make much sense to me.

For me personally, I don't care about ENY because I like to fight the horde, it's fun. I have an abundance of perks so farming is of no import to me.

RTholmes,  the other late war rides are no more difficult to get/land kills in, with the exception of endurance, especially la7 vs  pwny. As for endurance though, how much fun would it be to cruise around and get 2 or 3 kills an hours..... zzzzzzzzz.  :)

Clearly the 51D is inferior to it's contemporaries, in a fighter role.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2009, 04:25:19 PM »
From Jane's Fighters of WWII. P-51H 1650-11 2.218 hp Merlin engine speed 487 mph the last model from the war time production. I didn't see a production number by wars end or how many saw combat use.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2009, 04:27:53 PM »
"My ride is worse."

"No, my ride is worse."

"Is not."

"Is to."

"Is not."

"Is to."

:aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2009, 04:31:30 PM »
"My ride is worse."

"No, my ride is worse."

"Is not."
Didn't this happen in another thread? As I recall, it was F4U vs 109K4
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2009, 05:31:20 PM »

Clearly the 51D is inferior to it's contemporaries, in a fighter role.

Yep.
You can't even really call our P-51D contemporary of some of things its fighting. Its modeled after the performance the D had at its introduction in '44, not what they were getting out of Ponies in the last 5 minutes of the war.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2009, 05:33:18 PM »
Yep.
You can't even really call our P-51D contemporary of some of things its fighting. Its modeled after the performance the D had at its introduction in '44, not what they were getting out of Ponies in the last 5 minutes of the war.
The same can be said of quite a few other aircraft, including your hated Spitfire Mk XVI.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2009, 05:52:34 PM »

The Dedicated 51 squads that does not side hop better get in shape in the B pony I guess. looks like it will get taken from us more often. The Bravo turns a lil better anyhow :) I cant fly either of them but, Ill keep trying :)
Rabbit

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2009, 05:53:27 PM »
Bravo is faster too.....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2009, 06:12:58 PM »
The same can be said of quite a few other aircraft, including your hated Spitfire Mk XVI.

Yes, but the P-51D's '44 performance is a good deal worse than the SpitXVI's '44 performance. You yourself said the P-51D was under-engined by '43 standards. By the same token the SpitXVI's thrust/weight looks rather good stacked alongside the various '45 rides.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2009, 06:17:40 PM »
so what you Geldings are saying is that ...

"the p51-D is over rated?"

:devil
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:23:49 PM by thorsim »
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »
Bravo is faster too.....

But not where most of AH combat is happening. It's faster in a small "window" between ~13K and 18K, and >26K only.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2009, 06:29:30 PM »
so what you Geldings are saying is that ...

I was patient debating with you in other threads instead of just calling you a "tard" like other posters...but this tears it.

Maybe no one has ever told you anything about how to behave as a man before, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and share one major item of the "code" you should have learned before now: If you want to call another man, any man, something like "gelding", do it to his face. And out of doors.

We know return you to your regularly scheduled aircraft discussions.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »

From the AHII standpoint... most definitely Yes

As for the gelding part, please quit thinking about my balls, it's unnerving.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve