Author Topic: getting back to the game  (Read 426 times)

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
getting back to the game
« on: October 02, 2009, 10:15:37 AM »
a bit of a technical question,
i havent touched the game for several months, and the installed version i have is the 2.13 (thats before the big update)
should i let the auto ingame downloader update the game or download the game myself from htc website and if so will it be batter to just download the latest version from scratch?

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
Re: getting back to the game
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 10:27:19 AM »
a bit of a technical question,
i havent touched the game for several months, and the installed version i have is the 2.13 (thats before the big update)
should i let the auto ingame downloader update the game or download the game myself from htc website and if so will it be batter to just download the latest version from scratch?
Id try the autoloader first, you get to keep your settings.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 11:20:53 AM »
FLYBOY!!!  :salute

My suggestion would be to make a copy of your aces high\settings folder, or perhaps a copy of your entire aces high folder to somewhere else on your hard drive. Then uninstall Aces High, and install a fresh download of the newest version.

The 2.14 change was fairly drastic/dramatic, and the last thing you want is to have some old file, whether it be a stick mapping or sound file or wahtever, cause problems that you wouldn't otherwise have.
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 11:56:57 AM »
Is GOOD to see ya returning Flyboy.........

best thing would be to download manually from the HTC website, then install........

it will install itself in entirely NEW named folder, or should ----> C:\hitech creations\aces high II\  instead of the old HTC\ way.......

and as mentioned above make a backup of your settings and sights folders........

once installed (unless you unistall the old version 1st ) you can uninstall the old one

I, personally have had 3 different Aces high versions running on the same computer ( HD/OS ) at the same time before with no problems, is all in where and how they were located....... so this should be a piece of cake......

plus it should be quicker to download from the main website than trying to download thru the autupdater, even if the autoupdater would even work, which I doubt since you are still at 2.13 version......

hope to see you up in the wild blue...... :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 01:33:10 PM »
thanks for the tips.
i just ran the game for the first time offline and i think it actually runs smoother then before.
allso i think im missing something, the game doesnt look as good as it looks on the screenshot althou i set all the graphic settings to max (i think) is there something im missing?

lastly the water looks awesome, and the torpedos running the water is a sweet touch! wtg HTC

knite, TC thanks for the kind words, ill belooking for you in the virtual blue

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 02:00:28 PM »
If you're using 1024 textures you're gonna need the latest hires pack...try turning off the shadow settings if you turned them on.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 03:03:19 PM »
Flyboy, there is a new HiRes texture file to download.

Also, in the graphics options area, there's an advanced button to tweak the graphics even farther that'll help out. If you aren't sure, take a screenshot and post it here and I'm sure myself or one of the other folks around here can help you figure out what option does what.

Welcome back. Hope it's more fun than you remember. (I'd say as much fun, but if it's MORE fun that's better!)
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 04:38:53 PM »
 :rock