Author Topic: Weird tank flip and ditch  (Read 450 times)

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
Weird tank flip and ditch
« on: October 04, 2009, 06:23:02 PM »
So Im at a Vbase and I back out of the hanger.... I stopped about halfway in and out of the door.

Someone shooting the hanger with a tank destroys it.

Now you have to visualize how the hanger looks when its destroyed, the back of the hanger pops up several feet completely across closing off the back of the hanger.

This is where the bug comes in...... as I was sitting halfway in and out of the door that back portion flipped me over into the hanger when it popped up. Which I dont really understand since this is not really a solid surface, you can shoot through it.

So now Im upside down in the middle of the hanger and I decide rather than use one of the supplies sitting out (the base was under heavy attack and alot of friendlies rolling about) I decided I would just tower and up a fresh one.......

I received a ditch upon towering out.

So a 2 part bug........ first how was I even flipped by a non solid surface, and second how did I receive a ditch while on the concrete inside the hanger?
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: Weird tank flip and ditch
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 01:37:05 AM »
I've never checked, but I think the back of the destroyed hangar is supposed to be solid to counter the people that vulch tanks from the indestructable.

An upside-down tank has the tendency to sometimes "vibrate." There seems to be some tiny movement threshold between totally stopped and triggering the "you cannot exist while moving" message in which you get a ditch.

The best way to pick out why something happens is to have a film so that HTC can tear it apart and see what occurred. It may be easy to recreate on their side, though, since they can probably just park a tank in the hangar and use the arena settings to kill it.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 12:55:14 PM »
I've never checked, but I think the back of the destroyed hangar is supposed to be solid to counter the people that vulch tanks from the indestructable.......

Oh you for sure can shoot through it!
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 04:38:15 AM »
So now Im upside down in the middle of the hanger and I decide rather than use one of the supplies sitting out (the base was under heavy attack and alot of friendlies rolling about) I decided I would just tower and up a fresh one.......

I received a ditch upon towering out.

So a 2 part bug........ first how was I even flipped by a non solid surface, and second how did I receive a ditch while on the concrete inside the hanger?

"Gee Captain, I returned the tank.  Why won't you sign me out, Sir?"

Meanwhile, the tank recovery crew is trying to figure out how to flip the vehicle back on it's treads.