Author Topic: Pick my plane!(from the list!)  (Read 2286 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Pick my plane!(from the list!)
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 07:10:06 PM »
If you really want to fly a different plane that will challenge you to create crossing shots and 'think ahead' to be able to set your shots up properly, go with the K4 or G14.  You won't see much of a difference in the game if you decide on the 38 like most everyone wants you to fly.  My 2 cents.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2009, 07:21:16 PM »
K4.  Learning how to set up tater crossing shots and getting good at it will change your entire perspective on the game.

being on the end of somebody who is good at these changes your entire perspective of the game :lol :lol :lol scotch  :furious

Offline Madkow

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »
K4 is a beast!
Well said Twizzty  :aok :aok
I have only been flyin the K4 now for 4 months. It really does change everything about the game. Oh and it's eats p38s for lunch.

Fungus
Kommando Nowotny                                                     
Since tour 90

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2009, 08:10:15 PM »
109K4
190A5
190D9
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 08:54:59 PM »
Ki84. They give me more trouble than any other plane.  :furious
I say go ki-84, 38L if you can't get the hang of the ki-84, but avoid the 109K4, the 30mm is hard to use unless you're used to it, and have had practice. Plus it just doesn't seem like a really top notch plane. Yeah it has a powerful engine, but really thats not the most important thing....
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2009, 08:56:48 PM »
I say go ki-84, 38L if you can't get the hang of the ki-84, but avoid the 109K4, the 30mm is hard to use unless you're used to it, and have had practice. Plus it just doesn't seem like a really top notch plane. Yeah it has a powerful engine, but really thats not the most important thing....

Not sure how anyone wouldn't be able to get the hang of the ki84... it's as easy mode as they come.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2009, 09:01:09 PM »
IDK either, but one of my squadies had a lot of trouble useing it and never really could be good with it...

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2009, 10:35:27 PM »
Not sure how anyone wouldn't be able to get the hang of the ki84... it's as easy mode as they come.
They probably dont know how to deploy flaps :D

Stay away from 38s, they are easy in MA because they have good speed and climb. you will be bnzin alot in it like all these other 38 bandwagon dweebs :devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2009, 10:56:04 PM »
Don't listen to JunkyII kids, he's just mad a P-38 killed him  :neener:. But serisouly, the P-38 is a good plane, if not the absolute best....

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2009, 11:01:05 PM »
Don't listen to JunkyII kids, he's just mad a P-38 killed him  :neener:. But serisouly, the P-38 is a good plane, if not the absolute best....
P38 is what i call "MA easy mode" just like the HOG. Anyone can fly timid as crap in them and score alot of kills.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2009, 11:02:29 PM »
Re: K4 - yes the 30mm is hard to use. I often go back to the G14 myself, just for the 20mm cannon.

But the K4 is a beast in performance, just ask guys like Agent360 and Scotch. If you never learned to energy fight, the K4 will teach you. Leaving your opponent low, slow, and unable to maneuver while you swoop in for a corner velocity tater shot is the K4's forte...
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2009, 11:05:47 PM »
Re: K4 - yes the 30mm is hard to use. I often go back to the G14 myself, just for the 20mm cannon.

But the K4 is a beast in performance, just ask guys like Agent360 and Scotch. If you never learned to energy fight, the K4 will teach you. Leaving your opponent low, slow, and unable to maneuver while you swoop in for a corner velocity tater shot is the K4's forte...

Well Junky then if thats all thats required then I'm rather suprised more don't fly it.

Boomerlu, yes that thing is a MONSTER in preformance. But really for nubes, the gun package is 2x 13mm mg's, with the occasional lucky hit from the 30mm.

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2009, 11:16:27 PM »
Nemisis, I skipped some of the discussion, so I'm not sure on this... but the OP isn't a noob?

On the other hand, G14 offers similar training and benefits with an easier gun package. Still, I feel that flying the edge in the K4 teaches a bit more.
boomerlu
JG11

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2009, 11:51:19 PM »
Nemisis, I skipped some of the discussion, so I'm not sure on this... but the OP isn't a noob?

On the other hand, G14 offers similar training and benefits with an easier gun package. Still, I feel that flying the edge in the K4 teaches a bit more.

He sounds like he isn't. But if he's only used .50's and hispanos, then it'll be almost as bad. But all I was saying is that the 109K4 is a terrible newb plane....

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2009, 12:10:55 AM »
True enough, bad for newbs, but worth learning.
boomerlu
JG11