Author Topic: Pick my plane!(from the list!)  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Viperius

• Silver Member
Re: Pick my plane!(from the list!)
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2009, 12:16:37 AM »
Take a Spit 8, learn it inside out and make everybody cry rivers on the message boards ;)

And no, the flaps aren't just for landing  :lol

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2009, 03:38:12 AM »

Well Junky then if thats all thats required then I'm rather suprised more don't fly it.

Boomerlu, yes that thing is a MONSTER in preformance. But really for nubes, the gun package is 2x 13mm mg's, with the occasional lucky hit from the 30mm.
I see more enemy 38s then KI84s in-game but people consider it easy mode.....also I think the 38 is the most flown as far as being the only plane a person flys. The 80th is almost exclusive in it, and many others fly it almost exclusively(for what Ive seen)

Heres some in game names
H1bly
Solar10
Hyperion
Schwable
VNE1(was the one that made me see how easy it is....)
Sol75
Spektor
MstWnted
Murdr

That is a good bit and I didnt even go into the 80th(I am not saying anyone here fls timid other then VNE1
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2009, 03:55:45 AM »
P38
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2009, 05:54:43 AM »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2009, 03:01:57 PM »
P38 it seems winds by a landslide, looks like I'll be flying her for my non-defense sorties. :) Thanks to everyone who took the time to add to the topic! See you all in the air tonight :)
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2009, 03:07:50 PM »
P38 Series 1st
Yaks 2nd
109 3rd

What you learn in the P38 will probably give ya some good know-how of the 109, there's a lot of similarities believe it or not,but PLEASE don't learnt he spit, all we need is another spixteen picktard  :P

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2009, 03:13:31 PM »
I see more enemy 38s then KI84s in-game but people consider it easy mode.....also I think the 38 is the most flown as far as being the only plane a person flys. The 80th is almost exclusive in it, and many others fly it almost exclusively(for what Ive seen)

Heres some in game names
H1bly
Solar10
Hyperion
Schwable
VNE1(was the one that made me see how easy it is....)
Sol75
Spektor
MstWnted
Murdr

That is a good bit and I didnt even go into the 80th(I am not saying anyone here fls timid other then VNE1
Cav and Hyperion are both in the 82nd. I always see h1bly in one. If I am not in a 234 I am probably in a 38J :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2009, 03:18:42 PM »
First, whats your in game name?
  • How is your aim? Lousy aim means the yak may be very frustrating to fly.
  • Do you have the flaps set on your stick and do you use them? If not, the 38 could be frustrating.

In game name right now is MACHINE. I usually fly in shades my first few weeks back after a long break. I've used nimble the most, but have flown under the gameids swift and timid before as well. :)

With wing mounted .50s my aim is ridiculous. Nose mounted guns throw me off pretty badly.
I'm very accustomed to flap usage :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 03:26:36 PM by nimble »
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2009, 03:20:12 PM »
You are missing the best 109's. 

G-6.  Learn it, love it.  Keep the gondies at home. 
F-4.  If confronted with a gaggle of spitfires. 

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2009, 03:25:04 PM »
Cav and Hyperion are both in the 82nd. I always see h1bly in one. If I am not in a 234 I am probably in a 38J :)

Yep. If Im flying low and slow, I try to use the trees, buildings, and hangars to help slow me down more. Also, I may roll down my canopy windows and stick my hand out to reach for a tall nearby object (preferably a flagpole). I then will grab a hold of it, and swing my P38 around into a really tight turn. If I get shot at, I try to throw whatever parts I have at him, and curse at him in vain!  :joystick:
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »
You are missing the best 109's. 

G-6.  Learn it, love it.  Keep the gondies at home. 
F-4.  If confronted with a gaggle of spitfires. 
Agreed. Don't fly the G6 as much as I do, but I certaily love to fly it in 1v1s.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2009, 04:00:29 PM »
P38 it seems winds by a landslide, looks like I'll be flying her for my non-defense sorties. :) Thanks to everyone who took the time to add to the topic! See you all in the air tonight :)

2 Engined P47.  Enjoy the identical game experience.   :)

Offline sparow

• Nickel Member
      • http://249sqn.wordpress.com/
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2009, 04:24:08 PM »
<S>

From your list,I would recommend the Spit 9 or the Yak. But if you go for a Spitfire, maybe the Seafire would give you more of a challenge than the 9. The 9 is a very reliable Spitfire. But of course, if you want a radically different experience, go A6M2  :confused: ... there's nowhere to hide, nowhere to run, in a Zeke...

Sparow
Spitdweeb maximus
Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
Consistently beeing shot down since Tour 33 (MA) and Tour 8  (CT/AvA)

Visit us at http://249sqn.wordpress.com/

Offline rip033

• Zinc Member
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2009, 04:47:42 PM »
Just be careful nimble when you fly the 38, you may never fly anything else after the addiction sets in :D
JaCkRiPr

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2009, 07:06:44 PM »
<S>

But of course, if you want a radically different experience, go A6M2  :confused: ... there's nowhere to hide, nowhere to run, in a Zeke...

And that's why I LOVE the a6m2