Author Topic: Quiet from the CON..  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Quiet from the CON..
« on: October 17, 2009, 01:56:54 PM »
You guys alive down there? :D

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Re: Quiet from the CON..
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:49:39 PM »
They are deeply engrossed in a debate over traverse rates of B-29 turrets.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »
Llama reports consumption of prodigous amounts of alchoholic beverages, massive loss of brain cells, and some people actually flew :D

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 04:35:20 PM »
Llama reports consumption of prodigous amounts of alchoholic beverages, massive loss of brain cells, and some people actually flew :D

We need a convention for that, we do that every night!
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 04:43:29 PM »
I can confirm llama was in the air, but not exactly flying.   :O

Offline SB

• Administrator
      • http://home.swbell.net/hmason
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 05:03:27 PM »
we are plotting evil and nefarious deeds, see the arena message.

SB

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 05:23:03 PM »
Let's just say that there's 8 hours of flying to go this weekend (not counting dinner) and I only have about  1/4 of a bottle of scotch left. Good times...

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 06:47:37 PM »
What's the secret weapon this year?  I hope it's Imperial Walkers or Cylon Raiders (the cool ones from the '70s).
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »
It's a Dr.I triplane, complete with underslung jet engine and dozens of rockets.

70's-style "psychedelic flames" paintwork and all.

Have a pic from one I shot down but I just get the dreaded "red X" when I try to post.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:44:53 PM by Scherf »
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Ponyace

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 08:53:33 PM »
It's a Dr.I triplane, complete with underslung jet engine and dozens of rockets.

70's-style "psychedelic flames" paintwork and all.

:rofl

What are they going to think up next?
Gatore
Formerly "Ponyace"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 09:27:55 PM »
Why no late war arena available Saturday Oct 17, 2009?  Does anyone know?  I was flying in the Con Arena because that appeared to be a late war arena era but when flying against A1 all of a sudden it changes from Rook to Knight  to Bishop for no apparent reason.  Asking the question “does anyone know what’s happening in this arena?”  several responses that HiTech is controlling the arena, OK so what does that mean?  Controlling it how?  And more importantly why?  Have the rules changed?  I take it that all this occurred because of the Convention.  Do I get charged for today?  Most member of my squad bailed because we couldn’t figure out what the new rules were for this evening.  In the middle of trying to run Knight troops into Rook A1, the base becomes Knight A1 before any troops hit the map room and then in a flash changes to Bishop.  I don’t want to pay for this type of game play.  Why were no normal late war arena provided?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 09:46:50 PM »
Why no late war arena available Saturday Oct 17, 2009?  Does anyone know?  I was flying in the Con Arena because that appeared to be a late war arena era but when flying against A1 all of a sudden it changes from Rook to Knight  to Bishop for no apparent reason.  Asking the question “does anyone know what’s happening in this arena?”  several responses that HiTech is controlling the arena, OK so what does that mean?  Controlling it how?  And more importantly why?  Have the rules changed?  I take it that all this occurred because of the Convention.  Do I get charged for today?  Most member of my squad bailed because we couldn’t figure out what the new rules were for this evening.  In the middle of trying to run Knight troops into Rook A1, the base becomes Knight A1 before any troops hit the map room and then in a flash changes to Bishop.  I don’t want to pay for this type of game play.  Why were no normal late war arena provided?

The force is very very weak in this one!  I'm sure somebody from the CON would be more than happy to sell this dude a Clue Rake.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 10:02:10 PM »
The force is very very weak in this one!  I'm sure somebody from the CON would be more than happy to sell this dude a Clue Rake.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 10:21:36 PM »
So you went to all this trouble for a 50 cent refund? You need to get a life.....or a job :lol

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 12:36:47 AM »

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1

It would have been nice not to mess up both arenas though.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)