Author Topic: Hurricane IIC Firepower mission, re-work, re-post  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
Hurricane IIC Firepower mission, re-work, re-post
« on: October 18, 2009, 11:38:43 AM »
The Hurricane IIC Firepower mission has been completely reworked and rebuild under the 2.15 mission editor.

Map: ndisles

Description: A flight of Hurricane Mk IIC engage a series of twelve opponent types while early Hurricanes and Zekes spar below and flights of buffs circle above.

Design Objective: Showcase the Hurricane IIC's cannons in a sustained fur ball with a variety of aircraft entering the fight over a period of twenty minutes.

Order of Battle:

• Sacrificial Lambs: 12 flights of Hurricane Mk I @ 2 minute intervals
  • Slaughterlings: 12 flights of A6M2 @ 2 minute intervals
  • Drones: 25 flights alternating B17, B25, B24, B26, C47 @ ~2 minute intervals
  • Cannon Fodder: 12 flights of diverse front line fighters provide the primary opponent to the Hurricanes
    • Cannon Fodder P-38L @ :00:30
    • Cannon Fodder FW 190 D-9 @ :02:30
    • Cannon Fodder F4U-1D @ :04:30
    • Cannon Fodder Ki-84 @ :06:30
    • Cannon Fodder Tempest @ :08:30
    • Cannon Fodder Yak-9T @ :10:30
    • Cannon Fodder P-47D-25 @ :12:30
    • Cannon Fodder Bf 109G-2 @ :14:30
    • Cannon Fodder F6F-5 @ :16:30
    • Cannon Fodder La-7 @ :18:30
    • Cannon Fodder NIK2-J @ :20:30
    • Cannon Fodder P-51D @ :22:30
  • Firepower Three flights of Hurricane IIC clear the skies in the engagement area
    • Hurricane IIC Firepower This is you
    • Hurricane IIC Reinforcements @ :08:25
    • Hurricane IIC Rescue @ :16:45

There are two versions of this mission posted.

• hurri_firepower_1.res: Firepower and Cannon Fodder flights are Wing Formation
  • hurri_firepower_2.res: Firepower and Cannon Fodder flights are Finger-Four Formations

Primary:
http://www.esnips.com/web/StalwartsAcesHighMissions

Alternate:
http://longhornloftbeds.com/missions/

:salute
Stalwart

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 12:18:08 PM by Stalwart »

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
Re: Hurricane IIC Firepower mission, re-work, re-post
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 01:21:49 AM »
The Hurricane Firepower mission files have been re-posted with the following updates:

• Engagement area moved. - The entire furball has been moved closer to a friendly field to facilitate rearming.  Now you can empty your mags, rearm, and get right back in the fight.

• "Hunters" mission component added. - A new route and series of flights featuring the A-20G has been added to provide a little help, and a little variety, in the higher altitude fights with the buffs.

Same links:

Primary:

Alternate:

Stalwart

Offline hoopwafa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 06:29:39 PM »
The Hurricane Firepower mission files have been re-posted with the following updates:

• Engagement area moved. - The entire furball has been moved closer to a friendly field to facilitate rearming.  Now you can empty your mags, rearm, and get right back in the fight.

• "Hunters" mission component added. - A new route and series of flights featuring the A-20G has been added to provide a little help, and a little variety, in the higher altitude fights with the buffs.

Same links:

Primary:

Alternate:

Stalwart

sounds fun. im downloading now

Offline hoopwafa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 09:17:34 PM »
this mission is awsome!

first its just 4 planes and then you see 2 more then 2 more and next thing you know theres planes all over the damn place.

i got shot down on the first 5 minutes. then on the second try i went 10 minutes. great mission. :aok im downloading the updated one now. can you send me the .mis file for the mission?

ive got to see how thats done.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:50:19 PM by hoopwafa »

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 11:24:19 PM »
Thanks, Hoops!~

Can you send me the .mis file for the mission?

You already have it.   :)   After you play the mission, a copy of the .mis file will be available in your misstemp folder:   

Look here:  "C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\misstemp"

This is an undocumented feature, and subject to change.

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 11:41:48 PM »
They all work in 2.15, but neither the Hurricane Firepower nor my previous missions seem to work in the current 2.16.0 version of AcesHigh.   :frown:

Offline hoopwafa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 11:10:09 AM »
They all work in 2.15, but neither the Hurricane Firepower nor my previous missions seem to work in the current 2.16.0 version of AcesHigh.   :frown:

its because the 2.16 version runs offline missions a different way. not sure how. somthing about res files. but i do know it wont work for a while.

and i found the mis file. and jeez it looks like you put plenty of work into that. so many waypoints. does your version of the mission editor have added
tools?

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 05:10:12 PM »
hehe...  No added tools.  I do use a programmers text editor in conjunction with the ME to do some replication and editing work though.  For example, if I have already built a clover leaf flight pattern at the engagement area, and want to duplicate it a few times, you can do that by editing the .mis file.  I wouldn't recommend it to the timid, or to non-programmers though, and for sure, back up your .mis file first.

Offline hoopwafa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 11:40:25 PM »
hehe...  No added tools.  I do use a programmers text editor in conjunction with the ME to do some replication and editing work though.  For example, if I have already built a clover leaf flight pattern at the engagement area, and want to duplicate it a few times, you can do that by editing the .mis file.  I wouldn't recommend it to the timid, or to non-programmers though, and for sure, back up your .mis file first.

ya im not the best programer... yet but i garrenteeeeeee you, i will make that art-work waypoint clover leaf thing,duplicate it, and i will make missions worth diying for...maby not in reality, but in the game its worth dying over and over... for me its over and over and over and over and over and over and over.e.t.c...and over.

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 12:40:44 AM »
Glad you like it.  :aok

The cool thing about the clover pattern is that it brings flights back to the engagement area over and over.  You can design an extended engagement time without making the flights fly away from the fight.

Say a few fighters pair off and fight until there is a victor.  After the engagement the winner will re-acquire its designated flight path.  Since the pattern converges on itself over and over, the winning fighter will fly back to the middle of the engagement area and most likely acquire a new target to fight.

Offline hoopwafa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 12:53:35 AM »
Glad you like it.  :aok

The cool thing about the clover pattern is that it brings flights back to the engagement area over and over.  You can design an extended engagement time without making the flights fly away from the fight.

Say a few fighters pair off and fight until there is a victor.  After the engagement the winner will re-acquire its designated flight path.  Since the pattern converges on itself over and over, the winning fighter will fly back to the middle of the engagement area and most likely acquire a new target to fight.

exactly.

i was just about to post that. i notest that while running the mission. its a great design. simple, but brilliant. its better than a circle because
it goes strait through the center of the furball, when a cirecle goes around.