Author Topic: It takes 2 to HO....  (Read 8427 times)

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
Re: It takes 2 to HO....
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2009, 07:58:49 AM »
hmmm smelly sam........ havent seen him around ....... is he any good or does he stink?
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2009, 03:01:03 PM »
BlauK, you don't think there's such thing as a weak/cheap shot?  I sure do, whether or not you call it a HO.  I'm guilty of taking it sometimes but I don't make a habit of it. 

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2009, 03:17:28 PM »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »
Hmm.. not really, Grizz. IMHO, we are all playing this game knowing the risk of getting shot at. The only cheap shots I can think of are those which steal a kill from another friendly pilot. The opponents deserve all hits they receive :) It is up to themselves to take care of their SA and to co-operate with their countrymen.

Maybe a cheap shot could be killing a badly damaged opponent who has fought well against overwelming odds and is limping home. If I saw such I might let him go.

If someone is flying straight at my face and I am flying at his, I see nothing cheap in it. I either decide to accept the challenge or I dodge it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 03:22:55 PM by BlauK »

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2009, 03:21:39 PM »
Gosh... :O dhyran "PAWNED"    :D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 03:23:13 PM by BlauK »

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #230 on: October 23, 2009, 03:22:49 PM »
hehehe - given my poor marksmanship no sense in offering not to shoot you down - that happens now already  lol

AND stop "bumping" the thread post count up you rotter!!! :rofl

...cheers eh! :D

NOT MY FAULT!!!

i didn't take it past the limit.  :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #231 on: October 23, 2009, 03:54:10 PM »
Gosh... :O dhyran "PAWNED"    :D

cc PAWNED! by P.A.W.

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #232 on: October 23, 2009, 05:11:40 PM »
NOT MY FAULT!!!

i didn't take it past the limit.  :bolt:

LOL - well half way into the bottle now with my buddy who won  lol
Unfortunately I had to buy it!! :(

...hehehe  cheer eh! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #233 on: October 23, 2009, 05:15:21 PM »
LOL - well half way into the bottle now with my buddy who won  lol
Unfortunately I had to buy it!! :(

...hehehe  cheer eh! :D

:rofl :aok :rofl

sounds like you won either way sir!

:banana: :banana:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #234 on: October 23, 2009, 06:36:51 PM »
Well count me in with the altitude monkeys.  Sounds funny.  It is my impression from most of what I have read is to insure E retention.  Speed is life.  Alt is speed.  The planes I fly most are not turn fighters.  I do not plan on getting down low and dirty with you just to get into your planes performance envelope.  Do I fly with squad mates.  Damn Skippy.  That is smart flying also.

I am not the best pilot by a long shot or the worst.  Little by little I learn more and more. But to imply that someone is not a good pilot because they use altitude or fly with a wing man or others is not the most intelligent assumption.
But it does make for good reading so continue.  I am looking forward to an entertaining night.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: October 23, 2009, 06:37:53 PM »
Hmm.. not really, Grizz. IMHO, we are all playing this game knowing the risk of getting shot at. The only cheap shots I can think of are those which steal a kill from another friendly pilot. The opponents deserve all hits they receive :) It is up to themselves to take care of their SA and to co-operate with their countrymen.

Maybe a cheap shot could be killing a badly damaged opponent who has fought well against overwelming odds and is limping home. If I saw such I might let him go.

If someone is flying straight at my face and I am flying at his, I see nothing cheap in it. I either decide to accept the challenge or I dodge it.

It's an interesting perspective even though I disagree.  I could care less honestly if everybody shot head on at me, because I'm gonna dodge it anyways.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #236 on: October 23, 2009, 09:05:08 PM »
Well count me in with the altitude monkeys.  Sounds funny.  It is my impression from most of what I have read is to insure E retention.  Speed is life.  Alt is speed.  The planes I fly most are not turn fighters.  I do not plan on getting down low and dirty with you just to get into your planes performance envelope.  Do I fly with squad mates.  Damn Skippy.  That is smart flying also.

I am not the best pilot by a long shot or the worst.  Little by little I learn more and more. But to imply that someone is not a good pilot because they use altitude or fly with a wing man or others is not the most intelligent assumption.
But it does make for good reading so continue.  I am looking forward to an entertaining night.

You might be surprised what your plane can do if you take the time to learn it more completely.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #237 on: October 23, 2009, 11:26:16 PM »
All Ive heard for arguements for HOs is...in real life they did it(true, but this is a game and life isnt in the question actually it makes you less likely to live if you do) and that its part of the game that isnt going away....this makes me think very low upon the people who say it. Cheap shots happen, mistakes, but like Grizz said dont make a habit out of it, I wont HO even when getting ganged just so when I do fight 1v1 I wont pull the trigger just through muscle memory. If you HO a complete noob he is gunna think that they are accepted by the community and he is going to do it until he finds out he will get killed less avioding it. You Hoing are just showing the new guys the wrong thing and building an even more upsetting MA...
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #238 on: October 24, 2009, 12:40:26 AM »
Some say it takes three to doseedo.

Anyone got a fiddle?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: October 24, 2009, 01:29:15 AM »
All Ive heard for arguements for HOs is...
What you will get from me, and what I think is the best attitude about it, is to say that this game is primarily a GUNS game.  As such when the path of a bullet from the barrel of my gun(s) intersects with the path of YOU then expect  to be fired upon.  

To me it is best to have the bad guy pointing away from me, but AH is a three dimensional environment and the geometry of movement being free on all three axis allows for unpredictable angles, which afterall makes playing the game such a fascinating undertaking.

Lastly, if your going to play the game with the attitude that a certain shot is not a sporting shot and should not be taken, then you are going to become upset because AH is not a sport.  It is a combat game without restrictions. Get yourself in the path of my bullets you will be shot at.  Having said that, of course, avoid the HO but be prepared to execute the head-on shot offensively and to avoid it defensively.  

Shuffler, it is well and good to say learn your aircraft but remember to talk about Situational Awareness as well.  SA is just as important as understanding ACM and individual aircraft capabilites.  If you cannot read the fight you are getting into then you are going to get hammered regardless of your abilities in any given aircraft.

:salute
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns